• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
as im an australian i feel for them because in their first world cup in 32 years they draw Brazil.

but my extensive knowledge in italian football and my italian heritage wil lead me to cheer for italia this coming world cup, who also have drawn a pretty hard group with two teams above them in the overall rankings - czech republic and usa.

youlneverstopme said:
The location - a temperate zone - will nullify the edge Brazil and Argentina enjoy when the tournament is held in hot countries.

England are the best bet - look out for Wayne Rooney, a brilliant player.

Why are you still here Rich ?:ban:

yonasa said:
Why is that such a bad bet? Its a modest amount of money for a long shot that has the chance to pay off big once you consider the odds factored in.

I put 50 bucks on my local (american)football team to beat the colts in the superbowl later this year at 80-1 odds. And it looks more and more likely this matchup could take place and it seemed crazy when I made the bet. Just my :2 cents:

First of all is bet is 50 pounds that is about 110 bucks as you put it.Secondly I'm a mad football fan as I'm a nutter who put a modest amount of 20 pounds on Liverpool winning the European Cup last year.I placed this bet when they got through the groups and into the knock out faze.Now if you want a crazy bet that was one as no one thought they could do it.

Now as for a Argentina vs England final goes I have to say this.Before every England fan jump's down my through and has a go I'd love England to win it.But I just can't see it to be honest we are unbalanced with no left sided player.Our manager/coach has no clue to what a team is and what tactics are or he'd realise a few thing's.Like picking all the star player doesn't mean they are going to be a great team.That a captain should be a leader on the field and good at organising.This Beckham fall's short of in both departments and Sven Stevie G is not a let winger and never will be.

MATUTE said:
For me in every group, these are the teams that more possibilities have of going on to the next round :

GROUP A
Germany
Poland

GROUP B
England
Paraguay

GROUP C
Argentina
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland
For me this is the group more difficult.

GROUP D
Mexico
Portugal

GROUP E
Italy
USA
Czech Republic
This is difficult too.

GROUP F
Brazil
Croatia

GROUP G
France
Switzerland

GROUP H
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Another difficult too.

Don't underestimate Sweden and Ghana.

poggy1 said:
First of all is bet is 50 pounds that is about 110 bucks as you put it.Secondly I'm a mad football fan as I'm a nutter who put a modest amount of 20 pounds on Liverpool winning the European Cup last year.I placed this bet when they got through the groups and into the knock out faze.Now if you want a crazy bet that was one as no one thought they could do it.

Now as for a Argentina vs England final goes I have to say this.Before every England fan jump's down my through and has a go I'd love England to win it.But I just can't see it to be honest we are unbalanced with no left sided player.Our manager/coach has no clue to what a team is and what tactics are or he'd realise a few thing's.Like picking all the star player doesn't mean they are going to be a great team.That a captain should be a leader on the field and good at organising.This Beckham fall's short of in both departments and Sven Stevie G is not a let winger and never will be.

I do agree with you that Argentina over England is crazy. Just giving my perspective on the big payday chance. Argentina even making it out of its group might not happen with their draw. I'd give England (or any European power) a strong chance, considering the World Cup is being held in Europe next year. But you would definately know more about English football than me.;)

om3ga said:
Some betting odds (to win the World Cup outright):

Brazil 11/4
Argentina 13/2
England 7/1 Over-rated
Germany 8/1
Italy 9/1 Over-rated
Holland 10/1 Under-rated
France 11/1
Spain 14/1
Portugal 20/1
Sweden 33/1 Under-rated
Croatia 50/1
Mexico 50/1
Ukraine 50/1
USA 80/1
Poland 80/1
Switzerland 80/1
Japan 125/1
Australia 125/1
Ecuador 125/1
Paraguay 125/1
Tunisia 300/1
Saudi Arabia 500/1
Costa Rica 500/1

Full listing here: http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/cc8742x/odds/10218x/sid/10062

You forgot Czech Rep. : 33/1 under-rated

poggy1 said:
Well if you like to throw you money away it's your choice.But it would have been better giving it to charity instead.It would have a better Chance of actually doing some good with them.Rather than some bookie putting it over the bar at his local.As this has no Chance of winning.
Yea I know, but It's worth a shot

ai-ni-ichi,

An Argentina v England final is a distinct possibility - you'e not throwing your money away, it's a sporting bet with a chance of winning.

I've backed England to win it at 9/1 and am very happy with that bet.

youlneverstopme said:
ai-ni-ichi,

An Argentina v England final is a distinct possibility - you'e not throwing your money away, it's a sporting bet with a chance of winning.

I've backed England to win it at 9/1 and am very happy with that bet.
Yea, I hope so. If it works out I'll be rolling in cash :glugglug:

om3ga said:
Some betting odds (to win the World Cup outright):

Brazil 11/4
Argentina 13/2
England 7/1
Germany 8/1
Italy 9/1
Holland 10/1
France 11/1
Spain 14/1
Portugal 20/1
Sweden 33/1
Croatia 50/1
Mexico 50/1
Ukraine 50/1
USA 80/1
Poland 80/1
Switzerland 80/1
Japan 125/1
Australia 125/1
Ecuador 125/1
Paraguay 125/1
Tunisia 300/1
Saudi Arabia 500/1
Costa Rica 500/1

Full listing here: http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/cc8742x/odds/10218x/sid/10062

i understand that you would find italy to be overrated due to past performances in world cups and euro competitions but i think your forgetting this is a team full of some of the worlds most talented players, infact i think their second most talented team on paper, of course behind Brazil. i do believe Italy have finally found a coach which suits them and can discipline them and im looking forward to this world cup to see them prove people wrong.

FORZA ITALIA

Interesting view, uniqueuser. :cool:

I do think a European nation is going to win this time, as the mild Northern European climate will help them more than the climate in Japan/Korea in 2002 and nullify the edge brazil and Argentina enjoy in hot contries.

Italy could go close.

The reason that England always fails is because each and every time people expect them to win and think this is their time but they've always failed because they don't know how to use their full potential. Spain has the exact same problems except they're not expected to win and they're pretty much an underdog so they don't have that same pressure.

Calm said:
The reason that England always fails is because each and every time people expect them to win and think this is their time but they've always failed because they don't know how to use their full potential. Spain has the exact same problems except they're not expected to win and they're pretty much an underdog so they don't have that same pressure.

England will fail due to the manager/coach he doesn't have a clue how to use this squad.Now Spain I must admit don't think they'll win it but I truely believe they will do well this time.Could even get to the semi's and some of the player's they got are worldclass.They even look like a team this time and if they play anywhere near the form our Spanish international's are at the moment then yes they've got a chance.

France and germany got some luck with their groups, if they don't go at least to the 8th that's the proof they are in a bad mood...
I only hope Brazil will not win again, it comes to be boring :(

Czech rep. & Holland can do something good I think :)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
joshua123 said:

Hmmm....................Russia - interesting choice :)rofl: )
MEDIC!!!