• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what game are you playing right now?

Ok, any Destiny players out there able to advise how someone is supposed to get enough light to reasonably attempt the raids, etc? I've hit lvl 40 but my light is still low 200's despite being pretty diligent in trying to up the gear before decoding those engrams...

Ok, any Destiny players out there able to advise how someone is supposed to get enough light to reasonably attempt the raids, etc? I've hit lvl 40 but my light is still low 200's despite being pretty diligent in trying to up the gear before decoding those engrams...

If you're playing Destiny 1 it might be harder to do than before. If you still have Nightfalls, you can try that in addition to Strikes. Unfortunately, D1 doesn't get the live event activities like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris anymore. To do those, you have to play Destiny 2. Those activities gave you really good gear. If you have Exotics, check the level on those to see if they'll raise your Light level. I haven't played Destiny 1 since Destiny 2 came out, so I don't really know what is still accessible in D1. If Prison of Elders is still accessible, You Might want to try that too or any of the activities in the Rise of Iron DLC.

I'm hoping this one grows on me. So far its kinda eh, but I heard the older ones were better than this one. I thought this was the only one since it was all I found with looking for PS4. Its Andromeda.

I got to say that starting out with or even playing Mass Effect: Andromeda is a bad choice. It turned out to be a colossal disaster that's an abomination against video games. It's not really indicative of the quality of the normal Mass Effect trilogy, and might have killed off the intellectual property. (Although the way Anthem is turning out for Bioware that they might be forced to go back to some Mass Effect game because they won't have any choice anymore if they want to stay relevant as a video game producer.)

The regular Mass Effect trilogy of games are great,...okay let me rephrase that,...if you forget about the ending of the third game and replace it with some headcanon stuff with a happy ending in it's stead that doesn't suck and soil all the other parts of the three games like the real ending did, then the regular Mass Effect trilogy of games are great.

(Although the way Anthem is turning out for Bioware that they might be forced to go back to some Mass Effect game because they won't have any choice anymore if they want to stay relevant as a video game producer.)

As long as EA calms the fuck down and just let Bioware add content and patch the bugs, kinda like the bug that shut my PS4 off, I think Anthem will be just fine. Of course that's only if EA leaves Bioware alone, but this is EA we're talking about. I'm actually enjoying Anthem and it has potential to be on par with Warframe. I'm just taking a hiatus until the March 12th patch that won't give my PS4 a hard shutdown is released.:brick:

If you're playing Destiny 1 it might be harder to do than before. If you still have Nightfalls, you can try that in addition to Strikes. Unfortunately, D1 doesn't get the live event activities like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris anymore. To do those, you have to play Destiny 2. Those activities gave you really good gear. If you have Exotics, check the level on those to see if they'll raise your Light level. I haven't played Destiny 1 since Destiny 2 came out, so I don't really know what is still accessible in D1. If Prison of Elders is still accessible, you might want to try that too or any of the activities in the Rise of Iron DLC.
Thanks for the reply. I have 1 Lv20 Exotic, so that's not doing much. I have a couple legendary armors and a nice 170 ghost I bought from the speaker which makes up the bulk of my light.
Oh, I'm playing on PS3 so no Iron for me :(

It's frustrating because most of the good raids are off limits to be because I don't have enough light, and the one I do qualify for (literally by 1 light), I can only do so by throwing in weapons I'm not good with (shotgun & handcannon combo), which means I'll probably get slaughtered while doing no good for my team...

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I got to say that starting out with or even playing Mass Effect: Andromeda is a bad choice. It turned out to be a colossal disaster that's an abomination against video games. It's not really indicative of the quality of the normal Mass Effect trilogy, and might have killed off the intellectual property. (Although the way Anthem is turning out for Bioware that they might be forced to go back to some Mass Effect game because they won't have any choice anymore if they want to stay relevant as a video game producer.)

The regular Mass Effect trilogy of games are great,...okay let me rephrase that,...if you forget about the ending of the third game and replace it with some headcanon stuff with a happy ending in it's stead that doesn't suck and soil all the other parts of the three games like the real ending did, then the regular Mass Effect trilogy of games are great.

I didn't know about the original three until I started Andromeda. I would love to play them, but no PS3. Don't get me started on the absence of backwards compatibility again. :mad:

That being said, I don't think this is a great game by any means, but its OK. I am an explorer and I do like seeing the different planets. However, its getting pretty repetitive.

I didn't know about the original three until I started Andromeda. I would love to play them, but no PS3. Don't get me started on the absence of backwards compatibility again. :mad:

That being said, I don't think this is a great game by any means, but its OK. I am an explorer and I do like seeing the different planets. However, its getting pretty repetitive.

The first 3 were a lot better, although I did like Andromeda once I got used to playing as Ryder instead of Commander Shepard. The team that made Andromeda was a different Bioware team than the original team that made the first 3. That team largely went on to work on Anthem.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
The first 3 were a lot better, although I did like Andromeda once I got used to playing as Ryder instead of Commander Shepard. The team that made Andromeda was a different Bioware team than the original team that made the first 3. That team largely went on to work on Anthem.

It took me a couple days to warm up to it. I actually had to start over because the story lost me a couple hours in. Turning on subtitles and restarting helped me retain what was all happening.

Andromeda had so many issues. From the terribly uncreative storyline, the poor character development, technical issues, and the general feeling that Bioware put out a game that was sub-par and untested, it was doomed from the start. They put some B rated team on it and farmed out a ton of crap on one of the best series in video game history. It's been years, but it still gets me fired up!

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Devil May Cry.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Andromeda had so many issues. From the terribly uncreative storyline, the poor character development, technical issues, and the general feeling that Bioware put out a game that was sub-par and untested, it was doomed from the start. They put some B rated team on it and farmed out a ton of crap on one of the best series in video game history. It's been years, but it still gets me fired up!

I honestly don't hate it. This leaves me to believe that the originals must be really fucking good if this one is getting so much flak. Sure, there's a few bugs, nothing huge so far, but whens the last time I played a modern game without bugs?

The story... takes awhile but there's some decent enough twists. I've played much worse. The game could be better, sure. I don't see myself trying to complete it at 100%, but if this was my only game, and I didn't have a handful lined up that I want to get to, I can see it keeping me busy for awhile. I really really want to play the older ones and see what a flaw this one was at this point though.

I honestly don't hate it. This leaves me to believe that the originals must be really fucking good if this one is getting so much flak. Sure, there's a few bugs, nothing huge so far, but whens the last time I played a modern game without bugs?

The story... takes awhile but there's some decent enough twists. I've played much worse. The game could be better, sure. I don't see myself trying to complete it at 100%, but if this was my only game, and I didn't have a handful lined up that I want to get to, I can see it keeping me busy for awhile. I really really want to play the older ones and see what a flaw this one was at this point though.

I'll just leave this here.

I think I understand the levelling up in Destiny now. It's such a tedious process literally grinding ONE LIGHT AT A TIME. Literally, you get incrementally better gear, and since it's the average your actual light just goes up by one or so.
Sometimes I'll luck out on the daily heroics and get a level I can actually clear, so I'm hoping some day to get enough legendary marks to get some legendary gear and make a quantum leap in light.

I think I understand the levelling up in Destiny now. It's such a tedious process literally grinding ONE LIGHT AT A TIME. Literally, you get incrementally better gear, and since it's the average your actual light just goes up by one or so.
Sometimes I'll luck out on the daily heroics and get a level I can actually clear, so I'm hoping some day to get enough legendary marks to get some legendary gear and make a quantum leap in light.

I don't know if they had changed it on the PS3 version, but it used to be that when you infused a higher level gear piece into your lower level gear, it would only go up to a level inbetween the two gear pieces. An example, infusing a 210 helmet into your 200 helmet and it comes out 204 instead of 210. Often times it wouldn't level you up high enough. Eventually after enough complaining, the low level would infuse to whatever level the higher piece was.

I don't know if they had changed it on the PS3 version, but it used to be that when you infused a higher level gear piece into your lower level gear, it would only go up to a level inbetween the two gear pieces. An example, infusing a 210 helmet into your 200 helmet and it comes out 204 instead of 210. Often times it wouldn't level you up high enough. Eventually after enough complaining, the low level would infuse to whatever level the higher piece was.
I don't even know how to "infuse". Is that still a thing in D1? The closest thing I can see is that upgrade where you dismantle an exotic to get an exotic shard, which can upgrade an weapon. But I literally only have 1 exotic and I can't bring myself to dismantle it.