• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Fair enough, I'm certainly not doubting the battalion's role in Ukraine's successes.
I'm just saying the optics don't look good. They have the other Azov flags which they can use for the photo ops. They're winning the media war; but using that flag might leave a sour taste in people's mouths. At the very least, it's going to be exploited by the rusky propaganda machine.

It's a battle for survival with all hands on deck. I imagine the Azov Battalion may want something if they are a help in saving Ukraine.

I imagine the Azov Battalion may want something if they are a help in saving Ukraine.
That legitimately scares me. But they were transformed from a militia to a legit part of the armed forces, right? Technically just doing their job?

There also discussions about where all those weapons that the world is providing are going to end up after the war.

Last edited:

That legitimately scares me. But they were transformed from a militia to a legit part of the armed forces, right? Technically just doing their job?

There also discussions about where all those weapons that the world is providing are going to end up after the war.

They were already incorporated into the Ukrainian National Guard in 2014.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
View attachment 955800

Seeing how putsky's excuse for the war is the "de-nazification" of Ukraine, maybe that's not the best thumbnail to use?
Bunch of questions:

In an unstable environment, having a sort of far-right "Blackwater" bataillon operate on its own, is it not a better way to take it under control to be able to steer it into ways less muddy?
And now the war is on, can you throw your hands up and say, okay, we will... what? Send them towards Russia, disarmed, imagining Putin would stop after this (Knowing full well he is NOT after actual Nazis)?
When the dogs of war howl and bite, can you go it without the roughest of your troups? And even IF you decide to tell them to stand down, what do you think they will do?
Are you THAT naive?

Oh yes, now of all times, Assari could have a field day talking smack at me, the damn German

Again, to be clear, I have no issue using a neo-nazi battalion when the survival of your country is literally at stake. Especially if they have a proven track record in battle. Beggars can't be choosers.

My issue is them prominently displaying their swastika flag in these promo shots. I personally don't care, but the rest of the world does. And it's global public opinion that Ukraine NEEDS to sway; the overwhelming support of the general public is why governments all over the world are applying sanctions, sending weapons etc. It's because their public supports it. #StandwithUkraine is a way for governments to score points with their people.

So what do you think is going to happen to all that goodwill when the public increasingly sees Ukrainian forces fighting under a swastika?
It doesn't matter that most Ukrainians (including their armed forces) aren't fighting under that flag. It just takes a couple of images for the rusky propaganda machine to spin it.
Just look at what they did when the Canadian deputy PM was seen with a scarf with the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) colors:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-nationalist-scarf-1.6372995

The wolfsangel is arguably better as the general public might not instantly make the connection, and in fact it's still in use on many official banners in Germany. So the regular Azov flag is fine. Just use that for the promo shots. Ukraine needs to keep winning the war of public opinion, because people are fickle and can turn on a dime. And if they lose public support, and consequently, the support of their governments, that's when they're really screwed.

Starting to look like Russia crapped the bed invading Ukraine. Between the supply shortages, frostbite, and more of their own deaths than calculated the morale of their troops must be mighty low. Even if they flatten the place they may have to deal with an insurgency that makes Afghanistan seem orderly and calm. Russia worries about having NATO on their border. Try dealing with a failed state with foreign fighters being imported by the day on your border.

Vladimir Putin has become a serious liability to Russia. He's gotta go one way or the other to save Russia. A Russian patriot should do the act.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-stalls-ukraine-dissent-brews-114746446.html

PA-21852198_0_EBfyBf7.width-800.jpg

8112B1F7-F859-410F-B4F8-3651AF0862B6_cx0_cy16_cw0_w1071_r1_s_d3.jpg

Now those are the Azov beauty shots they should be using 👍

A month in and not only have they not taken Kyiv, but they haven't taken more than a couple cities, no port cities or established air dominance. Crapping the bed is right. Hitler had already taken Poland at this point under similar circumstances.

The supply issues you mentioned could be a double-edged (see what I did there?) sword; I'm reading that they have to consolidate their forces because of those supply issues. Meaning they're giving up on the Blitzkrieg approach and now they're going to focus their forces on a smaller number of targets. That's going to be tough, because Ukraine can't just move their forces and leave certain cities undefended, so how they deal with concentrated attacks is going to be where we'll see what they're really made of.

I'm guessing Mariupol will be the focus; the Ukrainian navy is kaput, and it's easier to supply from Russia. Just the upmost respect for those who are defending that city.

Russia’s Military Was Great Until It Wasn’t (msn.com)

For the military/history buffs among us, this is a fun read. It's a good comparison between WWII France and current Russian forces, and how they're making the same mistakes.

Let me tell you a story about a military that was supposedly one of the best in the world. This military had some of the best equipment: the heaviest and most modern tanks, next-generation aircraft, and advanced naval vessels. It had invested in modernization, and made what were considered some of Europe’s most sophisticated plans for conflict. Moreover, it had planned and trained specifically for a war it was about to fight, a war it seemed extremely well prepared for and that many, perhaps most, people believed it would win.

All of these descriptions could apply to the Russian army that invaded Ukraine last month. But I’m talking about the French army of the 1930s....

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I did a little looksee, and out of the entirety of Europe, Ukraine has the most slack gun laws, allowing it's citizens to own rifles and shotguns, and in some cases, handguns.

Point being, I'm surprised we haven't heard more about the people rising up, although I should say I haven't heard, you al may have. It also made me think of this, and reminds me why I love my country.

Kinda symbolic that we're in a holiday where egg painting is a major theme - something that came from Ukraine.

So 2 months in, where do you guys see this going?
Mariupol looks to be a legit last stand - they're surrounded by a concentrated attack with no way to supply them, and they're not surrendering.

But then what? They already had Crimea & most of the Eastern border, and they got their asses kicked in the North/Kyiv.
Unless vlady openly uses chemical/nuke weapons, it doesn't look like NATO or anyone else is going to lift a finger. But with all the military aid coming in, Ukraine itself is likely going to be able to fight for a while.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Honestly, in my opinion, Putin is a whackadoodle and a half, and won't be happy unless he can nuke something. I hate to say that, but he's a nut. I'm thinking a small one, but still more then the world needs. I think he's whacked out of his mind like Hitler, intelligence and power wise, and cannot, and will not be humiliated with defeat. I think before it happens, he's going to snap, and line all of his key border areas with as much fire power as he can, especially along Finland, and he's gonna puff out his chest, and beat on it like a gorilla, and when everyone tells him. "Settle down Frances", he's gonna prove he's right and show us all'

And I pray to God I'm wrong.

With the US arms bump, the discussion is now shifting to: How far are we going to take this game of only supplying Ukraine, and not going further?

Let's assume that putsky isn't going to quit nor is he going to be coup'd out. The ruskies are using their own equipment, whereas the Ukrainians are used to non-NATO equipment. While you can get a crash course on firing a javelin or stinger, it's going to be a little harder doing the same with tanks and jets to the extent that you can make up for decades of experience.

The reality is, no matter how much military aid we send Ukraine, they're not going to "win" until the ruskies call it off.
While they fucked up first trying to take the entire country at once, now they're being more realistic and working their way from the South/East where they had a foothold even before the war.

There's going to be a point when NATO has to decide: 1) Are we going to keep throwing money at the problem at an increasing rate or 2) Are we going to step in and actually do something about it? The US took decades to realize that breaking point in Afghanistan, and you can bet NATO & the rest of the world won't wait that long here. So, what do you think it's going to be?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Good question. I would think NATO will not intervene and will continue to pour aid into Ukraine. The risk of escalation from a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia would be too significant. Something similar to the Korean peninsula could arise where the country is split into two sections: one Russian-facing section with the other facing Europe.