• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

War, what is it good for?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Although not war related(economically maybe) I don't see why Cuba doesn't cuddle up to China and the Bridges and Roads project. They are not in great shape and America doesn't seem to be interested in returning to Obama's opening plan. Makes me wonder why not. They kissed Russia's ass for years and were dropped as a reward during the break up.
I was wondering about that.....I guess those Cuban stogies are just a fevered dream of a mad man........

Although not war related(economically maybe) I don't see why Cuba doesn't cuddle up to China and the Bridges and Roads project. They are not in great shape and America doesn't seem to be interested in returning to Obama's opening plan. Makes me wonder why not. They kissed Russia's ass for years and were dropped as a reward during the break up.
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202112/1243371.shtml
China, Cuba sign cooperation plan to promote BRI construction

Looks like they did sign up at the end of last year.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Thanks tvstrip I did not know that. Don't blame them a bit. Even if the US went back to the Obama plan The Trumpistas would cancel it when they get back anyway.

A lot of countries are issuing warnings for their citizens to get out of Ukraine.

Interestingly enough, there's also reports that people actually in Ukraine are pretty chill and not panicking at all. I'm reading that some are saying this is an overreaction by the governments of these countries to cover their asses, since many were caught flat-footed in Afghanistan and they don't want a repeat.

Whatever happened to the days of "You're either with us or against us?"
What would you want him to do ?
Declare war on Russia ?
Start carpet-bombing Moscow ?
Send US military in Ukraine ?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
The U.S. just ended its longest war and there’s no need to get into a new one. This has very little or anything to do with Biden. Just like Hitler’s aggressions had nothing to do with FDR or Neville Chamberlain.

Whatever happened to the days of "You're either with us or against us?"

Life is almost always more complicated than an either/or logical fallacy.

In any case I'm sure Ukraine would be more than happy to have volunteers. If you think more should be done you can quickly buy a plane ticket near there and I'm sure they would be more than happy to put a gun in your hand and sent you against the Russian troops.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Did anyone besides me notice that as the invasion of Ukraine started and for a while afterward while CNN and MSNBC were covering the attack that Fox and OAN made no mention of it?

What would you want him to do ?
Declare war on Russia ?
Start carpet-bombing Moscow ?
Send US military in Ukraine ?
You live in the EU, so you have more skin in the game.
So I think a better question is: Are you happy with his response?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I've criticized Joe Biden plenty when I felt he deserved it but I don't have a problem here with him trying to use sanctions. Sanctions are worth a try to prevent escalation, blowback, and unwise use of force with loss of American life.

I can certainly appreciate that we're not going to war with russia over Ukraine. But it was just frustrating to hear joe keep saying "sanctions, sanctions" like it actually would resolve the situation.

What's really scary to me is the message: "If you're not in a military alliance with us, we're not going to do anything if someone invades you".
Theoretically, being a part of the UN should have been enough, but Ukraine is a UN member and that didn't do squat for them.
The logical progression is that every country will now be enticed to join military alliances. You can bet Bosnia/Herzegovina and Georgia are going to push for their NATO cards soon, and we can expect similar alliances to grow in the pacific with china doing their thing.

Collective defence sounds good, but it also means that all it takes is one country to declare war on another to start a World war.
If you recall, this was a key factor that lead to WWI.

I know it's frustrating. I will say Joe Biden was handed a bag of shit. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At this point maybe it's better to chip away and weaken Russia with sanctions as opposed to direct military confrontation. Things can get out of hand and accidents can cause catastrophic escalations. We need to avoid that at all costs as our main priority.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Plus, does the Ukraine even care to fight? Are they just resigned to the situation? The Russians are on the outskirts of, or in, Kiev. It didn’t take long and it doesn’t seem like much resistance was put up.

@Dino Velvet kudos on your Joe comments. I will expect more in the future. ;)

Plus, does the Ukraine even care to fight? Are they just resigned to the situation? The Russians are on the outskirts of, or in, Kiev. It didn’t take long and it doesn’t seem like much resistance was put up.

@Dino Velvet kudos on your Joe comments. I will expect more in the future. ;)
In all fairness, they are facing a full land/sea/air invasion from over 100K soldiers of one of the most battle-hardened militaries who have had months, if not years to prepare and amass their forces, with literally no allies to help.

Even against those odds, this shows you the bravery of these soldiers:

I know it's frustrating. I will say Joe Biden was handed a bag of shit. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At this point maybe it's better to chip away and weaken Russia with sanctions as opposed to direct military confrontation. Things can get out of hand and accidents can cause catastrophic escalations. We need to avoid that at all costs as our main priority.
Fair points, and I don't disagree.

So let me ask, let's say Ukraine was in NATO, what kind of response do you think he would have given?
NATO Article 5 outlines collective defense, but doesn't mandate the actual response, e.g. that they have to respond with the military. If little putsky made the same nuclear threats, what do you think joe would be willing to do?

So let me ask, let's say Ukraine was in NATO, what kind of response do you think he would have given?
NATO Article 5 outlines collective defense, but doesn't mandate the actual response, e.g. that they have to respond with the military. If little putsky made the same nuclear threats, what do you think joe would be willing to do?

I can’t predict what Biden will say or do but NATO countries do have NATO obligations. Ukraine will never be in NATO. If this war spills into Poland then we have a major problem that may have to be solved with force.

Biden is in a bad situation. America is war weary. I can’t imagine Biden selling our people a new war as our feeble exit from the last war is still fresh in our memories. Biden does care about politics for sure and is looking down the barrel at Midterms which looks like Doomsday for his party.