• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Virginia Tech Shooter

I've had a lump in my throat since I heard yesterday morning. Senseless and tragic loss of innocent lives, God Bless. :2 cents: Only ONE person to blame though:2 cents:

member006

Closed Account
I've had a lump in my throat since I heard yesterday morning. Senseless and tragic loss of innocent lives, God Bless. :2 cents: Only ONE person to blame though:2 cents:

Rep for you sir. A great and thoughtful post holdol.

LL

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I only just started hearing about this. Strange i haven't seen anything about it on UK tv even though i watch everyday.....

Over 30 deaths, that is a god-smacking number. I can't believe it.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
I only just started hearing about this. Strange i haven't seen anything about it on UK tv even though i watch everyday.....

maybe they dont concentrate on all the negatives like american news. american news sucks ass.

Actually, Cho was an English major and came to United States at the age of 7 and lived not far from Washington , D.C. at Centreville, Virginia with his folks. Cho has spent the last 15 years here in United States going from high school to Virginia Tech as a senior major in English.

Cho's writing was so twisted that his work was delivered to the English Chairwoman for re-examination but nothing was done.

Cho was a permanent resident of United States and actually could apply for citizenship after 7 years. Instead Cho renewed his so-called "green card" in 2003 (expired after 10 years).

Newspapers labelled him as weired and all kind of names but indeed he may be the lost generation of electronic games shooting people up in the virtual games. How sad it is we rushed to buy all kinds of Christmas electronic games to our kids and one may turn out to be him.

Psychiatric illness strikes across racial lines, rich and poor, American and immigrants, so don't even use race at all !

S

sputnikgirl

Actually, Cho was an English major

Great. As if there weren't already enough stereotypes about us to begin with. :(

Like I said in an earlier post, large universities have understaffed student psychiatric centers. Unless you have documentation of a prior mental illness, you can't get in to see anyone. I know that's the case from personal experience. Luckily I had prior documentation, but if I hadn't I probably would've killed myself before I got to see a professional. Maybe the guy tried to get help, and he couldn't. Emphasis on mental ILLNESS. If the guy made a reasonable attempt to get help, and it comes to light that he was denied...Virginia Tech is going to be in a shitload of trouble.

Also, the head of the department is supposed to report disturbing incidents going on in the department, but of course she did not, because all universities care about is $$$. The only way you can get kicked out of a university is if you make all F's for more than one semester....mental health isn't even a factor, which is ridiculous. This guy obviously needed professional counseling or to be in a treatment facility, if not both.

The disgusting thing is perhaps this tragedy could've been avoided, had somebody reached out to him. To me, this incident is more proof that college is a duplicate of the same crap that goes on in high school. This may not be the case at smaller universities, but I know from personal experience that it's definitely the case in larger universities. Nobody reaches out, or tries to make friends with someone who isn't already in their insulated little circle of friends. This is what society has come to...nobody cares about anybody else, unless they perceive there is something in it for them.:mad:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

It was non-stop on BBC News 24 & Sky News yesterday evening.

It's as bad as it gets...:(

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
*Watches Full Metal Jacket*

member2013

Closed Account
*Watches Full Metal Jacket*

Of course, now the media is finally coming around to stating what a pathetic, 'social-outcast,' 'loner,' he was, and how he was always, 'Columbine-personified.' Maybe this is the help that, Cho Seung-Hui, was trying to get, if any.

It was a sad day, though I never met anyone there, I'm thinking about all those lives lost, all that potential there gone because of one malcontent individual. I heard in the news profiles of some of the victims, the Holocaust survivor from Romania who continued teaching way beyond retirement age, the professor from India who had been a favorite of the students, some kid who was on his way to become a neurosurgeon, and God knows we need more of those. And not wanting to make light of this tragedy but I ask myself, why, oh, why didn't this happen at a law school instead!?!?!

Weird thing, when I first heard about this, did I think it was terrorists? No, I didn't. Did I think it was either black or Latin gangbangers? No, I didn't. Did I think it was a foreigner? No, I didn't. My first thought was that it had been a crazy white kid. I thought about Columbine, the Arkansas school shooting, and that psycho from the clock tower in Texas, all caused by crazy white dudes. Am I a racist for having that knee jerk reaction about this being caused by a crazy white dude?

Now, what I found disturbing were his beliefs about this country. He reminded me of a lot of left leaning people around here. I wonder where he learned what he believed. Just a thought.

And finally about the gun control issue, I'm still a big supporter of the second amendment, even if I don't own firearms myself. A complete ban on weapons wouldn't have stopped this from happening as laws only affect the law abiding. Nagasaki, Japan, a country where guns are banned, and their mayor just gets shot to death. I mean, drugs are illegal here, yet, they're all over the place. Prostitution is illegal too, take a drive around some streets and what do you see? Want to make guns illegal too? Anyway, sorry about witing a novel here but I had to vent.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
It was non-stop on BBC News 24 & Sky News yesterday evening.

It's as bad as it gets...:(

Pretty shocking I know.

But one thing puzzles me.

How come the USA have such a big problem with guns and loners,where in Canada you hardly hear anything about this stuff?

Yet it's a bigger country and it's next door.

I think a ban on guns would make a considerable difference,although there are going to be the odd occasions where people flip - just like the Korean.But on a serious note I think this could happen to any school or uni in the US.

Something definatly has to be done. :(

It's sad that the shooter wrote some twisted english stuff, i just hope that the freedom of speech artists enjoy won't be restricted because of this man's actions.

Pretty shocking I know.

But one thing puzzles me.

How come the USA have such a big problem with guns and loners,where in Canada you hardly hear anything about this stuff?

Yet it's a bigger country and it's next door.

The U.S. is 10 times larger than Canada in population. Plus, this happened in Montreal at Dawson College 7 months ago. That shooter there thankfully was not as good of a shot as the VT shooter.

Philbert

Banned
While I do get your point, everyone wants to blame something for what any "loose cannon" does. I myself don't think anyone will ever know what triggered it.I just can't believe you would pick this thread to abound with sarcasm. This is a serious tragedy that has no place for jokes or puns. At least in IMHO LL

Actually, I am as serious as a heart attack.
I made no joke or pun whatsoever, but I did choose sarcasm to illustrate a point counter to BigBadBrody's contention that movies and music, etc., cause stuff like this.
My point is: this was one man who had his own demons and did what he did as one person; not as a statement, not as an example of anything, not as a result of this policy miscue or that academic pressure...what happened, as usual, was specific to the shooter (Cho).
Usually, you dress people down who try to restrict others from freely posting...isn't that a little out of character for you to be deciding how people should be expressing themselves and where it's O.K. to post; I don't appreciate the public dressing down, considering your history of admonishing others who try to set restrictions on posting. IMHO

:fight:

nastyfalcon

Fuck'en Bitches and Leav'en Stitches
I haven't read the whole thread, but here is a conspiracy theory for you.

Certain people are pushing for gun control. That aim is easier to obtain if the public willing accepts it. If the public is frightened into thinking it would be a good thing, then the goal is almost achieved.
If, over a span of a decade or 2, you brainwash (program if you will) any joe six-pack to perform violence on the innocent using fire arms, then the public will start to demand gun control.

sorry if this doesn't make since, I'm kinda high right now...

Certain people are pushing for gun control. That aim is easier to obtain if the public willing accepts it. If the public is frightened into thinking it would be a good thing, then the goal is almost achieved.
If, over a span of a decade or 2, you brainwash (program if you will) any joe six-pack to perform violence on the innocent using fire arms, then the public will start to demand gun control.

I know! I totally know what you're saying!

Get ready man, cuz I got the real story about what's going on...seriously, cuz the shit I know is fuckin intense, man. It's gonna knock the shit out of your ass, into the toilet, and then it's gonna flush itself. That's how powerful... Cuz man, I was at home, I was on the Internet man. Fuckin gettin in there. Gettin that shit in, takin it, and takin it out. Going here, out, in, there. Ya know what I mean? Don't call me paranoid, man! I know you're about to call me paranoid and I gotta say it brother...How can I be paranoid if the paranoid motherfuckers who are making me paranoid are really out there? I saw that man, on one of those sticker things you put on the back of a bumper. Ya know, a car bumper? I can't remember what they're called, but they're like stickers that you put on the back of a bumper. The best one I ever saw man, seriously, the best one I ever saw, I seen this one a couple of times, and it's my favorite man. It just says "Who farted?" That's awesome man! If I see that I fuckin move right up and roll down the window and go, "Hey man! Me! I farted!" Ya know? And it brings people together, it's cool. So anyway... that's basically my story, my theory....And ya know, Print it up, ya know. Don't keep that shit to yourself.

The U.S. is 10 times larger than Canada in population. Plus, this happened in Montreal at Dawson College 7 months ago. That shooter there thankfully was not as good of a shot as the VT shooter.

True but this is the 19th or 20th incident like it in the US in 10 years! :eek:

member006

Closed Account

Conspiracy theories come with any large scale tragedy. I'm sure this will be no exception. I just think fact is Korean aside, student aside, liker of movies aside. The man was mentally disturbed and snapped. Plain and simple, sometimes a reason for things that happen in life are never clear. He could have been a white girl that worked at the WalMart, snap is snap. Blame is a act for those that feel guilty for not seeing it coming. If he didn't want help, most that need it don't NOBODY could make him get help.

I know! I totally know what you're saying!

Get ready man, cuz I got the real story about what's going on...seriously, cuz the shit I know is fuckin intense, man. It's gonna knock the shit out of your ass, into the toilet, and then it's gonna flush itself. That's how powerful... Cuz man, I was at home, I was on the Internet man. Fuckin gettin in there. Gettin that shit in, takin it, and takin it out. Going here, out, in, there. Ya know what I mean? Don't call me paranoid, man! I know you're about to call me paranoid and I gotta say it brother...How can I be paranoid if the paranoid motherfuckers who are making me paranoid are really out there? I saw that man, on one of those sticker things you put on the back of a bumper. Ya know, a car bumper? I can't remember what they're called, but they're like stickers that you put on the back of a bumper. The best one I ever saw man, seriously, the best one I ever saw, I seen this one a couple of times, and it's my favorite man. It just says "Who farted?" That's awesome man! If I see that I fuckin move right up and roll down the window and go, "Hey man! Me! I farted!" Ya know? And it brings people together, it's cool. So anyway... that's basically my story, my theory....And ya know, Print it up, ya know. Don't keep that shit to yourself.

What is this supposed to be? You think this tragedy funny? I don't believe what I just read. :(

LL