• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Total Nonstop Action wrestling thread

I think people need to realize that TNA is a mark for themselves. They have some of the best talent in the world, and yet they dont use them to there potential. You have guys like the MCMG who should be more reconized internationally by now, along with the likes of AJ, Joe, Beer Money, yet alot of people even within the US dont know who these guys are, which is a major issue. WWE has made the Nexus more reconizable in the past 5 months than TNA has done with say, Samoa joe in 5 years. TNA do not know how to make there talent marketable, and when they move one step closer to bigger, better things they take 2 steps back. That is what they have done with Hogan/Bischoff. Paul Haymen is the guy that could make the "Change", not them, why? cause they are all in it for themselves and the limelight. Dixie Carter is one sexy milf, and unfortunaltley she is gonna be gaining more wringles by the second if she allows H/B to continue to lead the company. Damn Dixie. see sense

"yet alot of people even within the US dont know who these guys are, which is a major issue"

The WWE was around longer and they were able to leech from the territories back in the day. WWE is synonymous with pro-wrestling. Reminds me of something I read before that stated Jeremy Borash was once referred to as a WWE announcer by some ignorant media source.

What they should do is get more advertisement out there like, say, in magazines and billboards in other cities other than New fuckin' York.

And I still fail to see how Hogan and Bischoff are doing it "for themselves".

If they want to get new fans they should give money to fans. I explain myself: AShton Kutcher had a bet some time ago about getting a million followers on twitter and that was world wide news. So why don´t TNA have weekly basis challenge to fans to tune impact and make friends join their twitter/facebook or hwatever database they can have. I explain myself deeeper

1. The purpose is to get more viewers
2. Make fans get more fans and be referred. Each fan that gets another fan to join TNA (fb, twiter, tna nation) and answers a question about the show will gets 5 point for each refferal.
3. Ask a a question randomly about that weeks show to different fans (each one has dropped and email to get quetions and newsletters) so each fan that answeres that particular question can get 500 additional points.
4. Before the next impact a fan will be revealed as the one with most points. That fan will get the exact number of dollars as points her got( by referral and the 100.

That way they "force" people to get more fans to TNa and to make the new fans tune to it because each week they can get money.
TNA has wated money on stupid has beens, so some more wont make a difference.
This procedure has to be done for 3 months, which should be enough time to get the attention from the media and most important from new fans that have to be convinced that TNA is a nice product

Yh I agree with both statements. I have been fan of TNA since day one, and what made a difference in my opinion from the beginning was the X-Division, they allowed the "Smaller guys" take the limelight and gave them the push, and developed there own stars like AJ, Low Ki, Reinvented "Jerry Lynn", Team Canada, the list goes on, and hell they were getting more PPV buys back then than they are gaining now. I do not believe having EX has beens makes a difference, as fans want to see interesting storytelling, and see unknown wrestlers get a push and take the spot of the top guys. I think TNA were heading in the right direction before Hogan/Bischoff joined, there PPV buys were steady, ratings were rising and hell the TNA orginals were main eventing. Yes you do need reconizable stars in a company, but if they are used right. When Hogan/Bischoff joined I knew what was gonna happen, bring old guys in and give them one more shot in the limelight. "Wrong" indeed. Putting them on Monday nights was a mistake, but also a good thing, but it was always a loosing fight for them against WWE. I like this connection they are having with AAA now, as we will see more luchador wrestlers and quality wrestling, but the way TNA book the wrestlers all there star power will be demished within 2 months, like what they did with the likes of Booker T & RVD.

Does anyone else think that Brian Kendrick looks a lot like Whitfield Crane (the singer in Ugly Kid Joe)? I have thought this about Kendrick since back in his WWE days.

^ I didn't know either but I wasn't surprised. However I was pleasantly creeped out at the way she made her entrance, standing behind Angelina Love at the mirror.

WWE has made the Nexus more reconizable in the past 5 months than TNA has done with say, Samoa joe in 5 years. TNA do

I remember when Samoa Joe was voted PWI's wrestler of the year about 2-3 years ago. It was the first time (I think) that a non-WWE wrestler has won that since WCW and TNA still failed to capitalize on it and make him a recognizable name.

Yh I know, and this is where TNA gets compared to WCW, they start to get things right, and then go back two steps. Samoa Joe was like the goldberg of the present day when he first arrived in TNA kicking ass and basically being unstoppable. His feuds with AJ, Daniels were some of most well recieved matches in the modern day of wrestling, yet TNA failed to extend that. He has a terrible run as TNA world champ, when he should have been the poster boy for the company, instead he was booked in stupid gimmick matches with the like of Booker T who lost all star power when he joined TNA, and only peaked as champ when he lost the belt to Sting at BFG. Typical TNA for failing to capitalise on someone with genuine talent.

Yh I know, and this is where TNA gets compared to WCW, they start to get things right, and then go back two steps. Samoa Joe was like the goldberg of the present day when he first arrived in TNA kicking ass and basically being unstoppable. His feuds with AJ, Daniels were some of most well recieved matches in the modern day of wrestling, yet TNA failed to extend that. He has a terrible run as TNA world champ, when he should have been the poster boy for the company, instead he was booked in stupid gimmick matches with the like of Booker T who lost all star power when he joined TNA, and only peaked as champ when he lost the belt to Sting at BFG. Typical TNA for failing to capitalise on someone with genuine talent.

Tonight's Impact had the best damn show opening ever! Fucking Knockouts brawling all over the place. Kicking all kinds of ass. I love this show. The women are more brutal than anyone else! Brutal and beautiful. Brutiful.

I thought the opening was a mess. And I only focused on Mickie's ass when I got the chance.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
The opening was a sloopy, but I'm glad TNA is focusing on the one thing it excels at over the WWE: The Knockouts. Now that's not to say that they have dropped the ball with them as well (letting ODB & Roxxi leave springs to mind) but the women of TNA can actually wrestle. Heck the WWE even stole the Beautiful People gimmick for Laycool

The opening was a sloopy, but I'm glad TNA is focusing on the one thing it excels at over the WWE: The Knockouts. Now that's not to say that they have dropped the ball with them as well (letting ODB & Roxxi leave springs to mind) but the women of TNA can actually wrestle. Heck the WWE even stole the Beautiful People gimmick for Laycool

The only thing laycool and beautiful ppl have in common is their choreographed entrances, after that they're night and day.For one, Laycool as annoying as they can be, are very good on the mic.Beautiful people...lets just say its a good thing they dress slutty and dont get on the mic much. :glugglug: