• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Total Nonstop Action wrestling thread

Kevin Nash retiring from wrestling

I was looking at his Twitter page and it looks like tomorrow is his last match.
Here are a few of his tweets:

"Time to be a husband and dad this part of my life is over. If I'm worth
nothing than I need to stay at home. Thanks TNA 4 letting me go"

"2 my fans thank you I love you. 2 my haters thank you you always made me push harder"

"4 days left and I'm done ,hope you that enjouyed me and are left happy. I
always did my best with a beaten body. thanks and goodbye"

Source: his Twitter page:

http://twitter.com/RealKevinNash

"2 my fans thank you I love you. 2 my haters thank you you always made me push harder"

It's always hard to see one of the older generation of wrestlers retire (whether it is their choice or not) but the way TNA has used him since the Mainevent Mafia storyline I would be glad to leave the company

:wave2:
Tell Scott Hall I said "Hi".

Mr Dragon

king of freeones
good bye Kevin Nash

So after reading up a bit on TNA (as I know next to nothing about them), are you seriously telling me that not only do Foley and Flair still wrestle but the company have created a faction led by Hogan and Bischoff?

Are they actively trying to turn viewers away?

At least there will be one star on Impact on thursday....
http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/10/jwoww-jersey-shore-tna-wrestling/ :nanner:

See, this is what I mean about trying to drive viewers away. When WCW was making it's way down the shitpipe, they threw retarded amounts of money at non-celebrities to appear on Nitro in a hopeless attempt to get viewers.

As I was typing this I had a quick look to see if I could find who was booking for them these days...Vince Russo, right? :facepalm:

im sick of these dinosaur's on TNA...the whole build for "they" and the shocking the world who "they" are...it doesnt surprise me...but hardy going heel was out of no where...but TNA did need another major heel turn and faction...well, we'll see how this plays out...RVD/hardy feud?

So after reading up a bit on TNA (as I know next to nothing about them), are you seriously telling me that not only do Foley and Flair still wrestle but the company have created a faction led by Hogan and Bischoff?

Are they actively trying to turn viewers away?

It kinda seems that way, TNA was started on like 03 04 I think & it took a long time to build up to this,the company was doing great and booking new talent like Bobby Lashley Kurt Angle Jeff Hardy Ken Anderson, Great Superstars! Then they brought in Hogan & Bishoff & it all went to hell :( I mean I was a Hogan fan & NWO fan in the 90's but he is ruining TNA, So boring and old same with Foley, Ugh! But I admit were once great are now ruining the show........we'll see where "THEY" go with this storyline.

EXCLUSIVE: Details on TNA's Decision To Turn Jeff Hardy Heel
by Nick Paglino
Oct 10, 2010

The decision to turn Jeff Hardy heel was actually made a few weeks ago, with everything else leading up to the 10-10-10 Bound For Glory pay per view obviously a swerve.

"It's totally WCW circa 1996-1998, but without the ratings and pay per view buy rates," one top tier TNA star told WZ tonight. "They're talking about work-shoot and shoot-works, and they think that's the key to turning TNA around. They're obsessed with fooling the Internet Wrestling Community."

There have been reports online about TNA trying to decide whether the big turn should be Jeff Hardy or Rob Van Dam, but the decision was made easier for TNA when RVD told the company weeks ago he had no desire to turn heel.

"RVD has a laid back persona on TV, and he's that way in real life, but he takes his image very seriously," another TNA source told us. "Jeff's laid back persona carries over into everything, and he just likes to go along with the flow."

There was an original plan for Angle to win the title, and feud with Mr. Anderson, building to an eventual Angle vs RVD showdown, but those plans changed with the decision to turn Hardy heel and make him the champion.

EXCLUSIVE: Backstage Reaction To Dixie's Tweet & JWoww/TNA
by Nick Paglino
Oct 10, 2010

There is definite fallout from the Atmosphere of Swerves, aka "Working the Talent," that has taken over the TNA locker room recently.
"When Dixie tweeted UNBELIEVABLE tonight, my thought was, EXACTLY!" a long time TNA wrestler told WZ. "The dressing room atmosphere has changed noticeably in the past few weeks. You can see it everywhere. No one trusts anyone anymore. It's all swerves and working the boys. Bischoff and Russo and Hogan tried to recreate the birth of the nWo, but they've recreated the Fall of WCW instead."

The long time wrestler pointed out that tonight's pay per view concluded with Hogan revealing that his back problems are not nearly what he's played them up to be, and that Kurt Angle lost a match that is supposed to see him retire, yet the announcers never even mentioned it after the match.

"You can't blame Tenay and Taz for that," he said, "they were obviously told not to say anything when everything went down with Hulk, Bischoff, Jarrett, and Hardy all turning heel."

"And here's Nash, either working everyone, or really pissed off because they're not giving him the money he wants," the long time wrestler revealed, "and whether it's another swerve or not, JWOWW getting 15 grand just for one appearance, with a mid-card gimmick that sucks, is not going over well with the talent, either."

The TNA wrestler said, "way to reward the guys that are bleeding and risking their lives for the company!"

I might actually watch some TNA whenever it's on in the UK next just to see what it's like...they've obviously got plenty of talent on the roster but this whole "THEY" business just sounds like the millionth rehash of the NWO.

The bookers need to leave the whole idea of "factions" behind and push the real talent to the top...but with the amount of money they're probably paying Hogan, Bischoff and Russo, that ain't ever gonna happen.

i just dont see hardy being a believeable heel...he's not that great on the mic like mr. anderson...i would like to see anderson heel again, cuz he plays the part great...we'll see if hardy can act the heel part

OK, I'm gonna have to turn the clock back a little bit and ask a question to the steady TNA fans.
The TNA ring used to be uniquely shaped. It used to have six sides.
I have read somewhere that Hogan had something to do with the change back to the "normal" shape. He didn't like the six-sided ring so when he became creative director he had it changed back to the standard four-sided ring.
Is that right?

OK, I'm gonna have to turn the clock back a little bit and ask a question to the steady TNA fans.
The TNA ring used to be uniquely shaped. It used to have six sides.
I have read somewhere that Hogan had something to do with the change back to the "normal" shape. He didn't like the six-sided ring so when he became creative director he had it changed back to the standard four-sided ring.
Is that right?

Correct.

Tna used to have seperate entrences for the heels and faces. I'm glad that is gone but i did think the 6-sided ring at the very least gave them something unique vs. the other companies