• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) VS WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

WHAT WAS OR IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORTE WRESTLING BRAND?

• AWA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • UWF

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NWA

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • WCW

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • ECW (BACK IN THE DAY NOT THIS NEW CRAP)

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters
revive the attitude era and the hardcore title, until then they both are worthless and shitty

Have you actually gone back and re-watched any Attitude Era WWF TV recently? It really hasn't aged well. The short matches with shit finishes don't satisfy, every wrestler having a collection of catchphrases and rattling them off every week gets old REAL quick, and what was shocking at the time, isn't shocking any more, because it's all been done. The thing that made the Attitude Era brilliant (which the Hardcore title became a part of) was caring about what each character was going to do each week because the men and women performing had charisma and gravitas and everyone had something unique going for them, and that the crowds were hot. The crowds were hot because the TV was cutting edge - the sex, violence and adult-oriented storylines were fresh and new. Re-watching it now, it doesn't have anywhere near the same impact, and a return to that type of content now (as well as being impossible due to the sponsorships that a PG program attracts) wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact, because like I said, it's been done before. It wouldn't even work in terms of bringing back fans that were heavily into that type of content at the time, because ratings figures suggest more than half of those people aren't watching wrestling any more, not accounting for any new viewers they've picked up in the interim.

Bringing back the Hardcore title would be impossible, since both blood and unprotected chair shots to the head are off the menu due to the PG environment and concussion-wariness respectively. Besides, the Hardcore title was scrapped because most of the chairs, tables and arena-wide brawling shortcuts were frequently making their way into main event and grudge matches anyway. If they want to put on that style of match, they'll do it in the main event. Plus with the existence of the badly-devalued Intercontinental AND United States titles, there are already two belts for midcarders that aren't good enough to look up at the big belt(s) to shoot for ; they don't need a third.

i for 1 think wwe is still one of the best shows on tv who else has a 3 hour block? but in 2014 in since we here @ freeones lets focus on da divas eh?
whos better AJ Lee or Gail Kim? in ring & on mic? not looks although i think Gail Kim is hotter but i'd rather fuck AJ Lee if given a choice FREEONES RULES!!!

i for 1 think wwe is still one of the best shows on tv who else has a 3 hour block?

:rofl: Having 3 hours doesn't make it good. If anything expanding to 3 hours was a mistake, because it just further exposes the talent. The guys who actually have charisma/gravitas are spread so thinly throughout the show, it's a chore to get through the whole 3 hours unless you record it and watch it on FFx30 to try and wade through the tedium to see if anything interesting happened.

whos better aj lee or gail kim? in ring & on mic? not looks although i think gail kim is hotter but i'd rather fuck aj lee if given a choice FREEONES RULES!!!

In the ring, Gail by a distance. She is much the better worker in terms of making me interested even if she is wrestling someone far inferior to her. AJ can only have a good match against a good wrestler, she can't turn shit into gold the way I've seen Gail do it. On the mic, AJ for delivery, as long as she has a decent script to work with.

And yes, the fact there is actually a script for the promos these days instead of the wrestlers being given just some bullet points to hammer home and filling in the gaps with their own personality, really bothers me. Because often the stale boring samey promo style leaves me the impression a lot of the wrestlers don't have personalities of their own.

Wwe and Tna are a great entertainment value end of story. These guys and chicks risk their body's almost on a nightly bases and yet somehow fail to not get the same respect as other sports. Its bulshit. Wwe will always RULE.

bahodeme

Closed Account
I'm torn. There's one part that wants to choose WWE/WWF for Sgt. Slaughter, Jimmy Snuka, etc. Then there's The Four Horsemen on WCW.

I'm torn. There's one part that wants to choose WWE/WWF for Sgt. Slaughter, Jimmy Snuka, etc. Then there's The Four Horsemen on WCW.

For me, WCW at its best was the best. But that light only shone for between 2 and 3 depending on when you consider the rot to have set in, when politicking derailed storylines and angles, the TV became nonsensical, it became impossible to keep up with the swerves and turns, and PPVs became meaningless because nothing had any build and you'd see most of the titles defended every week for free. And they started wasting time and money on shit like DJ Ran, Kiss concerts and the No Limit Soldiers.

The WWF/WWE on the other hand churned out quality product on TV and in the ring where it counts, on and off, for decades. It's the drizzles at the moment, mind.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Daniel Bryan done joined up with The Wyatts. Now he'll be WWE World champion.

sddefault.jpg

Bold/stupid prediction for future of the title :

1) Cena defeats Orton at the Rumble, wins title.
2) Undertaker enters the Rumble at Number 30 as surprise entrant, throws a few punches, takes no bumps, wins.
3) They heavily build up Cena VS Taker for Mania XXX as Taker's attempt at "one last title reign" before he retires. The biggest star they have now vs "The Streak," arguably the biggest match they have left to put on, on the biggest stage of all time.
4) Cena wins by cheating, ends The Streak, becomes the biggest heel of all time.

Admit it, you'd love it.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

2) Undertaker enters the Rumble at Number 30 as surprise entrant, throws a few punches, takes no bumps, wins.
3) They heavily build up Cena VS Taker for Mania XXX as Taker's attempt at "one last title reign" before he retires. The biggest star they have now vs "The Streak," arguably the biggest match they have left to put on, on the biggest stage of all time.
4) Cena wins by cheating, ends The Streak, becomes the biggest heel of all time.

Admit it, you'd love it.
Of course. But they won't do it. He does too much with Make-A-Wish and he always sells the most merchandise.

And if he beat the streak, Cena would have to become the biggest, most monstrous heel of all-time. In order to make it worth it, he'd have to be Flair, Piper, Billy Graham, and Freddie Blassie all rolled into one. Because there would be no going back after that. It'd be impossible to turn him face again after he beat the streak. Can you imagine the heat for that...

I think it's going to be Cena vs. some sort of heel version of Daniel Bryan with The Wyatt family for the title at WM XXX.

Because there would be no going back after that. It'd be impossible to turn him face again after he beat the streak.

That's kind of my rationale ; at present, there simply isn't a babyface on Cena's level, and if he were to retire because nagging injuries are catching up to him and he's shattered - and he's talked about only having a couple of years left - then there would be a massive void in terms of the "heroes" to sell tickets, PPVs and merchandise, and suddenly the ground opens up beneath the bottom line.

My idea is, in the time-honoured practice of using one guy to get the next guy ready because he's putting over the next guy (example - Austin putting The Rock over at Mania XIX so he was red hot, to make it a bigger deal when he put over Goldberg the next month at Backlash) - use Undertaker's last hurrah to make Cena the biggest villain imaginable because Cena needs to be winding down at some point after the next 12 months, then use the next year to pit the babyfaces they want (and need) to fill his shoes up against the new bad guy Cena. Fresh TV, fresh PPV main events. The guy that is thought of as the best choice to take over as top blue-eye can then unseat him at Mania XXXI, and you can slowly move him away from the title scene because he's about to hang them up.

Or, I could be way off and he's got five good years left.

Probably moot. He's probably wrestling Batista at Mania again.

the viper is the best he has been ever in ring i have followed him since his rookie year in wwe, so gald he is wwe world heavyweight champion.... aj lee is a damn good divas champ reat in ring moves and sick finisher. i hope the shield makes it through 2014 together.

i hope the shield makes it through 2014 together.

They will have done well to make it to Mania intact as a unit. They're already turning the wheels for a split on TV. Doesn't look good.

As an aside, I just got through all 5 hours plus pre-show of New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom, and I genuinely don't know why I still bother with WWE in comparison.

Admit it, you'd love it.
I like it but taker wins...

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
They will have done well to make it to Mania intact as a unit. They're already turning the wheels for a split on TV. Doesn't look good.

As an aside, I just got through all 5 hours plus pre-show of New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom, and I genuinely don't know why I still bother with WWE in comparison.

That New Japan sounds fun especially if you're familiar with the characters/gimmicks and feuds/programs. I still enjoy a lot of the NJPW/AJPW stuff from the 90's.

Are you into Lucha at all? They show much of that over there?

I take it you won't be subscribing to WWE Network.

Check out this guy's YouTube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/StrongStyleJapan/videos

That New Japan sounds fun especially if you're familiar with the characters/gimmicks and feuds/programs.

The booking is so brilliantly simple. Okada has just successfully defended his heavyweight title which he has held since April. At Wrestle Kingdom, Hirooki Goto came back from injury to finally get the big win against the guy that was the thorn in his side before his injury, the awesome Katsuyori Shibata. Goto looked so good in victory, my mate said "there's Okada's next challenger" because he guessed Okada would retain, and true enough, Goto is the next challenger. He's hit form, so I buy that he might beat Okada. Because I buy that he might, the outcome of the match is uncertain, so the match will be exciting. Simple stuff, with all the "storyline"/sports entertainment bollocks stripped away.

Are you into Lucha at all? They show much of that over there?

We only really get WWE/TNA, but I watch most of my wrestling online anyway. I tried to watch lucha a while ago and just couldn't take to it, so my only exposure these days is when, say, Nakamura defends the title in (IIRC) CMLL or a Rush or La Sombra wrestles in New Japan.

I take it you won't be subscribing to WWE Network.

We won't be getting that over here til late this year/early next year, but I'll probably consider it. $10 a month is fuck all to get it all streamed to my laptop. My living arrangement prevents me from watching much wrestling on the TV and a decent quality stream might make me watch more of it online. NXT is well worth watching, from what I've seen.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Let's not sugar coat it. The Rumble was fucking awful.

1. Orton v. Cena was boring as hell. Again. I hope we're done with this now.
2. The NOA have no business winning the tag titles at their advanced age. They're not entertaining anymore nor they can put on a decent match.
3. I'd like to give a giant fuck you to Batista. Dude comes back after 4 years, wins the RR, and gets to headline WM. What a slap in the face to the rest of the locker room. He was completely blown up after two minutes and had some serious ring rust. What an embarrassment.
4. I'm okay with Bryan putting Wyatt over. I'm not okay with Bryan being left out of the Rumble. But Nash, El Torrito, and JBL can get in? The fuck?

I loved the Pittsburgh crowd last night. They chanted "boring" and "we want refunds" during Orton v. Cena (when is Randy not boring though) and chanted for DB all night long. I was even okay with them booing the shit out Rey Mysterio (dude needs to retire) when they saw that DB wasn't entry #30. They even cheered for Reigns once he was down to the final two. And apparently Batista legitimately flipped his shit after the Rumble. Good, fuck him.

I hate WWE's reliance on former stars to carry the company. They have some seriously talented young guys on the roster (Bryan, Ziggler, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Harper, Rowan, Cody Rhodes, and Sandow, not to mention some of the guys in NXT) but seem terrified to push them too far. I was on the fence about getting the WWE Network. But if they're going to continue to under utilize their talent, that makes my decision a lot easier. I don't want to see another PPV like the one last night. Fuck that.

Tonight's RAW should be interesting. I hope the crowd is as hot in Cleveland as they were last night.

tna needs to make the MVP thing work or else bas days ahead in the usa...
wwe still rules as always cant want for the network...
NXT is becoming a great show already better then smackdown