• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) VS WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

WHAT WAS OR IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORTE WRESTLING BRAND?

• AWA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • UWF

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NWA

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • WCW

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • ECW (BACK IN THE DAY NOT THIS NEW CRAP)

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.

Was watching Gail trot out her miserably sour Limey husband who also tried to draw some heat from the crowd.

Dixie Carter in heel mode acting gracious pretending the crowd is cheering for her instead of booing works for me too. Get on Team Dixie or you'll be putting up/taking down the ring after wrestling 3 matches in it that night all the while freezing your ass off in Saskatoon in front of 17 people, 13 being comp'd.

Eva Marie hot damn
Eva-Marie(2)-Feet-1132931.jpg

Eva-Marie(2)-Feet-1132929.jpg

Any of you into hardcore wrestling and fans of Big Japan Wrestling?

Only Daisuke Sekimoto, if I'm honest. I was in Yokohama on a Monday in August and tried to go to see Big Japan just to see what it was like in person, but my crudely drawn map did not get me to find Red Brick Warehouse from the train station.

Right now WWE has wrestling "entertainment" on lock. TNA just doesn't have the "it" factor to boost them on the platform WWE now enjoys. If you look at what happened to propel WCW to the point where they nearly put the WWF to sleep (sorry CM Punk), they had an extraordinary vision and the cash to back it up. I think it was a once-in-a-generation thing with the popularity of the NWO and the super-solid mid-card wrestlers WCW had. While TNA has some talented guys on their roster, there's nothing compelling enough to draw viewers away from WWE. However, you have to wonder how much more people will stomach this stale John Cena gimmick. It was the worst-kept secret in the business that he was gonna beat The Rock in their rematch, and Ray Charles could see the set-up for this weekend's title match. Cena will win, and the hackneyed character will continue to be "the face of the WWE."

Maybe that's TNA's opportunity.

Maybe if they can really come up with something new and different, they can take advantage of WWE's complacency.

Plus, the women in TNA can actually wrestle.

Right now WWE has wrestling "entertainment" on lock. TNA just doesn't have the "it" factor to boost them on the platform WWE now enjoys. If you look at what happened to propel WCW to the point where they nearly put the WWF to sleep (sorry CM Punk), they had an extraordinary vision and the cash to back it up. I think it was a once-in-a-generation thing with the popularity of the NWO and the super-solid mid-card wrestlers WCW had. While TNA has some talented guys on their roster, there's nothing compelling enough to draw viewers away from WWE. However, you have to wonder how much more people will stomach this stale John Cena gimmick. It was the worst-kept secret in the business that he was gonna beat The Rock in their rematch, and Ray Charles could see the set-up for this weekend's title match. Cena will win, and the hackneyed character will continue to be "the face of the WWE."

Maybe that's TNA's opportunity.

Maybe if they can really come up with something new and different, they can take advantage of WWE's complacency.

Plus, the women in TNA can actually wrestle.

Good post. WCW had Ted Turner's money behind much of it. Also with TNA, you can have great wrestlers but bad bookers screw everything up. The downward spiral of Aces & Eights was laboring to get through. I thought the gimmick was corny from day one. I do still like much of the X-Division type matches.

Cena will stay on top until he acknowledges his nagging injuries and retires, because he sells the merchandise, the kids make their parents buy the tickets for them to see him, and ratings take a dip when he isn't there. Doesn't hurt that he's consistently in the most exciting matches of the year either. More power to him, he's the hardest working guy in the industry, does all the charity work, has broken Hogan's record for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and you never hear of him complaining, refusing to work with anyone or getting a finish changed. In many ways he's the perfect company figurehead. Only problem is adult males booing him live in the arenas. It's a shame, but ultimately it doesn't make much difference to their bottom line.

What gave WCW their boost was that they dared to be different. Eric Bischoff has said in print and in interviews that he thought WCW could be three things compared to the WWF : "better, worse or different." They didn't have the resources to be better, so he decided they would be different :

* Raw was usually taped three weeks out of four ; Nitro would be live every week.
* Raw featured a glut of squash matches with only one "competitive" feature match ; Nitro would feature mainly high-profile matches.
* The WWF existed inside their own bubble, WCW acknowledged the wrestling world outside and brought in guys from Mexico and Japan and acknowledged their achievements elsewhere.
* The WWF featured cartoon gimmicks, WCW started bringing in guys that just used a normal name or their real name and just playing themselves.
* The WWF barely ever mentioned "the competition" or if they did, it was through innuendo. WCW mentioned the WWF by name and took blatant pops at them whenever possible.

Plus of course, the nWo. Being able to literally take two top guys from the other side while they were at their prime just wasn't something that happened back then, and the "takeover" storyline (lifted from New Japan vs UWFI) was perfectly executed. They'll never catch lightening in a bottle like that again.

The real problem is now, there is a lack of genuine innovation for TNA (or anybody) to do anything that is that much different from WWE or from anything that the people haven't already seen. Plus, there just isn't the fanbase out there any more. The same number of fans simply aren't watching wrestling as used to. Since TNA first started monthly PPVs and running Impact, their ratings and buyrates have stayed basically the same and nothing they have tried has made a difference - Kurt Angle, Sting, Hogan, nothing has made a long-lasting difference. The same people watching TNA now are the same people that always have. Apart from that band of diehards, the people that choose to watch wrestling on TV will watch WWE, because nobody has been able to produce a decent alternative. TNA have a decent roster and when I go to see it live, the shows are always full of good matches, but by and large the TV they produce is utter rubbish, the latest garbage with Dixie making herself a central character and recycling the WWE MITB '11 storyline with AJ playing CM Punk is a prime example. Nobody is going to have a chance at getting a foothold if they are happy to be WWE Lite rather than ploughing their own furrow and doing something different. Whatever "different" actually is.

Actually, I've lied to you. All an indie would need to do to make it big would be to get a TV deal and basically copy NXT. That's a brilliant wrestling show.

I hope randy wins on Sunday. He better in ring then cena. Cena of course better on mic. This weeks raw was damn good.
but enjoy this classic.

I watch the WWE for the first time in years and everything is 3 on 1 handicap bullshit that's just stupid, enough, time to end the show

Wrestling these days is a joke period. Vince McMahon buying WCW was the WORST thing ever for pro wrestling!

Too fucking right. The young, exciting roster that WCW would have had if Fusient had bought it out with Bischoff at the wheel would have been brilliant and provided a decent alternative to the WWF when things started going a bit stale post Mania XVII - the creative and commercial peak. The guys that they already had, one or two selected guys from ECW (I believe RVD had already verbally agreed to join WCW) and a lot of the talent that ended up working TNA, ROH and anywhere else that would have them, would have been brilliant. They already had "Air Styles" and I believe Chris Daniels wrestled (IIRC) a Thunder taping before the end. The X Division which was the biggest (and often sole) highlight of the first two years of TNA would have been on Nitro instead, with DDP, Booker T, Scotty Steiner and Goldberg on top, one would think. If only that bastard Jamie Kellner hadn't cancelled WCW as a TV show, rendering it worthless to Fusient.

Mind you, Kellner was always a prick. He cancelled Animaniacs too.

Bubba Ray Dudley pretty much recited the opening narration of Shout At The Devil hoping to be edgy. Wish he woulda stut-stut-stuttered it for old times sake. I wonder if the Jeff Hardy fans are familiar with the song.

Bully Ray is a remarkable success story, one of the few TNA have had, a genuine homegrown singles star. Yeah, he and D-Von/Devon made their names elsewhere, but they were washed up fat wrecks when they first trotted up in TNA. Post-split, Brother/Bully Ray got himself in the shape of his life and made a remarkable transformation into one of the best heels in America.

I had the privilege of seeing him at the house show in Manchester in 2012 and he was an absolute treat, wearing his Gerrard Liverpool shirt to wind up the locals and saying "God bless Liverpool. God bless Steven Gerrard" on the house mic. (In case anyone hadn't made the connection as to why You'll Never Walk Alone is an A&8 catchphrase) He was a hoot, and let an old lady slap him ringside with Hogan pinning his arms back. He took the fall at the end of the match too which went down a treat. Twelve months later he was back for the Impact tapings, with crowd reaction to just how good he'd become, having turned him babyface. In segments with Bully helping (at the time) Hogan and Sting fight off Aces & Eights, he was the star. The timing of his title win and heel turn was perfect, and it's a shame he found himself atop a company going nowhere, and that his two title reigns have been terminated by dropping the belt to Chris Sabin in a ridiculous shock-for-shocks-sake, and then to a bloke they were forced to write out of the story just a few weeks later because they couldn't tie him down to a contract.

Bully Ray could and probably would be a singles star back in WWE, but they won't have him back. Reportedly there are several people high up in WWE that think he's a complete prick.