• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) VS WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

WHAT WAS OR IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORTE WRESTLING BRAND?

• AWA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • UWF

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NWA

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • WCW

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • ECW (BACK IN THE DAY NOT THIS NEW CRAP)

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters
Share your thoughts on anything related to professional wrestling/sports entertainment. I've been watching the WWE for years now but sometime it get boring, but TNA has been a breath of freash air over the air waves, With an old school fell to the show like the classic dayz of NWA, AWA, UWF and WCW I have been a fan since Kurt Angle im sure if TNA becomes a major ratings grabber Vice will just buy them out but for now I like watching both shows and compare them...

Loved old school ECW, back then it was the forst of the brands that I saw to do something different, and even though the main purpose was weapons allowed there was still some pheonominal mat wrestling.

As for this day and age, WWE is inconsistent at best, good for a few weeks then poor for the same period of time.
TNA allows some great matches but at the moment they are over complicating everything, far to many new concepts at once which are to complicated.

Loved old school ECW, back then it was the forst of the brands that I saw to do something different, and even though the main purpose was weapons allowed there was still some pheonominal mat wrestling.

As for this day and age, WWE is inconsistent at best, good for a few weeks then poor for the same period of time.
TNA allows some great matches but at the moment they are over complicating everything, far to many new concepts at once which are to complicated.
I miss ECW back when they had the Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Raven, etc. The funny thing about the original EC F'ing W was that they were always honest in that they told you when a wrestler was leaving ECW to go to another organization. A wrestler didn't have to lose a title before he left either, he would just throw the belt down and leave. The thing I miss the most about ECW is Joel Gertner and his limericks at the beginning of each show.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
My favorite was the NSA and .ISO personally.

Remember watching Joliet FS and The mighty Blu Ray going at it in like 1989? Shit was awesome!

Nothing is worth watching today. Wrestling died when Vince bought WCW. The Monday Night Wars were the zenith/epoch of the sport. We had "brief" brilliance with the rise of The Rock, but even The Rock grew stale before he left for Hollywood for good.

Kurt Angle is the greatest pro wrestler--all things considered--but his career is being wasted on TNA. I tuned in for a bit at the beginning when he went over there, gave TNA a shot, grew quickly bored and have never watched either WWE or TNA again.

I do like Edge the best now on WWE. But he keeps moving from RAW to Smackdown to RAW to Smackdown. I can't keep track of anything. Edge and Lita were fun together. "Live Sex" in the ring actually lived up to the hype. Edge has become boring and stale since Lita retired. Edge should get together with Victoria, if she's still a Diva. She's the only Diva who can be put in the ring and come off looking convincing and not just a large-chested Hooters Waitress engaging in a bar brawl..which is all the Divas really are at this point.

I can't watch "the old soldiers" like HBK and HHH and Diesel and Sting on TNA anymore. They are just "shams" of their former selves. That DX Reunion 2 years ago....how'd that work out....?
:sleep:

here's a few of my thoughts.......
lets start with the old......
<b> Original ECW </b>.... i loved it.... it was my favorite brand of wrestling because
offered up something different..... it focussed more on the action that went on inside
the ring rather then the drama of what's happening backstage...... i loved the fact
that it was a hardcore "anything goes" wrestling style, but still had phenominal atheletes
that had a tremendous amount of wrestling skill..... (Danny Dorring for example) it was sad to see it go..... but it's even more sad to see what Vince made it into these days.... i wish it had stayed dead.......

on to the new.....
<b> TNA </b>..... what can i say..... it's a breath of fresh air and offers an alternitive to the "norm"....... it isn't bad at all and i actually like it alot...... i just wish they'd stop mentioning WWE so much...... and i wish that they'd focuss more on the in ring action and less on the crappy story lines that they try to sell...... on a good note.... the Knockout Division is terrific....... these chicks can actually wrestle and i like that.....
overall.... TNA does need to get better.... but it's far from bad and i hope it'll grow to be a strong competitor for WWE......

and now the current
<b> WWE </b>..... it has it's moments..... no doubt that it is a media powerhouse..... but because it's constantly on top it gets lazy and boring...... this is a problem..... if you have no one to compete with then you tend to not get any better...... i'm not gonna lie... i miss the Attitude Era and i hope to God it gets revamped somehow..... i still like WWE better than TNA but only because the quality of the the matches seem to be better..... also..... Cryme Tyme is my all time favorite tag team right now and anywhere
those guys show up i'll tune in to watch......

okay well those are my thoughts.......

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Nothing beats when the WWE (WWF at the time) had Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Kurt Angle, Kane, Undertaker, Mankind etc...all at their prime.

WWE will alwayz rule but TNA just keep getting better and better heck it like 100 time better then ECW which sucks ass