• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The 'You lie!' aftermath: The "other" Joe Wilson

I don't follow why things are so drastic-if they are it certainly can't be because we got a new President in January. I guess everyone who is so upset should have worked harder last year and elected McCain/Palin.I guess all there really is to say is what the Republicans said when Bush go in-"we won-get over it". I know change is hard but for all the Congressmen of both parties against this plan its time to be honestand also vote for the end of their healthcare system,the VA,Medicare, Medicaid, Social Sercurity and all other government run systems. For everyone else calm down,talk rationally, give Obama more than 7 months and work for your candidates in 2010 and 2012. All the shouting from both sides hurts both sides.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
^ like I said before, if you are the passenger in a car driving ful speed into a brick wall, should you wait and give the driver the chance to avoid it, or at least say "wait", "stop".

About this illegal Alien thing.
Illegals collect on so many diferrent welfare programs already, they also walk the street in millions, unmolested.
Why?
Because you can't ask them if they are illegal or not!
Welfare doesn't ask.
The police don't ask.
The schools don't ask.
Nobody fucking asks.
Ofcourse if when they were applying for these things the Illegal said "Oh by the way, I am illegal", they MAY be denied the free stuff they are seeking (although the government worker would probably cover their ears and say blah blah blah I can't hear you)

Does the bill have a requirement to prove citizenship for health care coverage???????

The point is that this will cover illegals.
Because nobody will or can ask them for proof that they are legal.
Some of you need to wake up and look around.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/dems_decry_wilson_outburst_the.html
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/was_rep_joe_wilson_responding_1.html

jasonk282

Banned
^ like I said before, if you are the passenger in a car driving ful speed into a brick wall, should you wait and give the driver the chance to avoid it, or at least say "wait", "stop".

About this illegal Alien thing.
Illegals collect on so many diferrent welfare programs already, they also walk the street in millions, unmolested.
Why?
Because you can't ask them if they are illegal or not!
Welfare doesn't ask.
The police don't ask.
The schools don't ask.
Nobody fucking asks.
Ofcourse if when they were applying for these things the Illegal said "Oh by the way, I am illegal", they MAY be denied the free stuff they are seeking (although the government worker would probably cover their ears and say blah blah blah I can't hear you)

Does the bill have a requirement to prove citizenship for health care coverage???????

The point is that this will cover illegals.
Because nobody will or can ask them for proof that they are legal.
Some of you need to wake up and look around.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/dems_decry_wilson_outburst_the.html
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/was_rep_joe_wilson_responding_1.html
I don't know much about weafare systems, I would assume that they would ask for some sort of proof such as a SSN in order to qualtify for these programs.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I am however giving this post the double standard of the week award cause we know damn well the same people critisizing this would be and were all for it when it happened to a republican.

And there you would be wrong. That's what happens when you jump to conclusions without knowing the FACTS. There should ALWAYS be a certain level of respect for and dignity shown to the office and the Congressional body, no matter what the political differences are.

A double standard does exist among some Democrats, and some Republicans (who claim to be keepers of the Constitutional faith). But to say that the very same people who are offended by this now, would cheer if it was a Republican, is an extreme exaggeration. I would be offended in either case. And I believe many other Americans, who aren't slaves to ideological hyperbole, would be too.

It is all just a matter of a time and place for everything-Town Hall meetings it seems to be ok to interupt-citizens NEED to be heard but we should be civil about it. Ajoint session of Congress is not and never will be a debate so you should not interupt-no matter who is speaking.This is still a country that is run by people with the most votes-not by the loudest voice which I know is a real disapointment to Limbaugh,Olbermann,Beck,and Mathews.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
And there you would be wrong. That's what happens when you jump to conclusions without knowing the FACTS. There should ALWAYS be a certain level of respect for and dignity shown to the office and the Congressional body, no matter what the political differences are.

A double standard does exist among some Democrats, and some Republicans (who claim to be keepers of the Constitutional faith). But to say that the very same people who are offended by this now, would cheer if it was a Republican, is an extreme exaggeration. I would be offended in either case. And I believe many other Americans, who aren't slaves to ideological hyperbole, would be too.

No man I said MANY of the same people.
Just look at the shoethrowers thread or search cindy sheehan.
Its true, but you don't have to agree. :glugglug:

But with the current "administration", I will not be at ALL surprised to see more and more of these outbursts.

And when they happen, I will again be STOKED.

Good day.

Under House rules, you are prohibited from casting aspersions on the motivations of your colleagues. There is even a procedure for punishing those who do. You can be stripped of your right to speak for the rest of the day on the floor if your words are taken down and ruled out of order.

No such specific prohibition exists in the House for when a president is speaking because, well, it is just not done. Members understand that presidents, no matter who they are, deserve respect.

Joe Wilson understands that fact, which is why he apologized so quickly to the president's chief of staff.

jasonk282

Banned

Are they Congressmen that were elected to represent the people?
Are they held to a differnet standard than most Americans?

Guess what Cindy Sheehan also was planning to make a protest aganist obama.

"In August, 2009, Sheehan announced plans to protest at Martha's Vineyard during President Barack Obama's forthcoming stay there, according to the Washington Examiner.

According to ABC News: "Sheehan invoked Sen. Ted Kennedy's passing as part of her message, noting that he was firmly anti-war and how he said his proudest vote as a senator was his 2002 vote against the Iraq war"

The point is he is a congressman and should have acted like a professional when his boss was talking. You go to a company meeting where the CEO is talking and yell liar and watch how fast you have to clear out your office.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

:dunno:
Hey, I just went by your actual post:

Cop out.......the same could easily be said about his deciphles.
And not many hate the guy, they just dont trust him.
I , for example have seen him as a wolf in sheeps clothing since I first heard his name and resarched his past.

I do agree, A president should never be inturupted while speaking, just as the queen of england shouldn't have her back patted.
I am however giving this post the double standard of the week award cause we know damn well the same people critisizing this would be and were all for it when it happened to a republican.

georges

Staff member
Insuring people at the expense of the other people's salary is not gonna work over the long run. You are shooting yourself in the foot if you think it will work.

Facetious

Moderated
I actually commend any congressman or senator, dem or rep, who would actually take the time and initiative to read and comprehend the legislation (in this case HR 3200 • 1,000 pages plus) prior to signing it into law.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
bringing this up again because of recent developments.

So, Jimmy Carter comes out and says it was a racist thing.
Wilson is a racist.
Pretty extreme and unsupported by evidence claim right?
But then the next day Obama says Carter was wrong, it wasn't Racist.

Man these people are really playing us for idiots.

So Obama says last month the cop who arrested the harvard guy acted stupidly and his polls drop, many people don't like it.
Now this week he makes a comment in private about the rapper who grabbed the mic from the singer.
Obama says he is an idiot, and it somehow gets leaked out and is made public.
Now carter makes this comment (possibly told or asked to) and it opens the door to obama saying, no it wasn't.

Are you buying it? falling for it?
For me its an obvious ploy to gain back white voters and support.

Jimmy Carter's probably right.
Say what you will about him as a president, the man is a son of the deep south who's always been known for his honesty, even when it's cost him popular support, as it did in 1980 when he declared our dependence on foreign oil a clear and present danger to national security. People didn't want to hear that inconvenient truth, or be lectured to about conservation.

Say what you will about him as a president, the man is a son of the deep south who's always been known for his honesty, even when it's cost him popular support, as it did in 1980 when he declared our dependence on foreign oil a clear and present danger to national security. People didn't want to hear that inconvenient truth, or be lectured to about conservation.

The problem with Carter isn't his honesty, but the fact he's rarely correct.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

sure bodes, carter probably be right.
everybody racist.
they really taught the people to use that word alot in the past 20 or so years,but only against one group of peoples.
the others get a pass.
so its true, wilson is racist, i be racist, everybody racist.
racist.
I feel such a sense of satisfaction when i use that word.
thank you public school system, mtv, and the US media.
racist.

So if Joe Wilson is a hero for calling Obama a liar am I a hero for calling him a liar when he claimed to be an immigration lawyer when he never practised that type of law?

Facetious

Moderated
Wilson is either lying or woefully uninformed. Read the bill. HB3200 Section 246

"NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS."

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:1:./temp/~c111ufQssD:e176188:

What about the law that says that every hospital must treat ANY patient regardless of immigration status ?

Heck, let's go back even further, this is preposterous !
Why are we tolerating "illegal" immigrants from the get go ?

What about the law that says that every hospital must treat ANY patient regardless of immigration status ?

Heck, let's go back even further, this is preposterous !
Why are we tolerating "illegal" immigrants from the get go ?

Now you just need find where that disproves Obama's assertion. He said, "the reforms I am proposing would not apply to those here illegally.." but shhhhh...don't tell anyone I brought that up for you...:o