• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The tv season 2009/2010

what about dirty jobs i heard talk they are done is this true ?

All I care about is Lost and South Park. But season 6 will be Lost's last season (that was planned since season 3 for those who don't know) and all I will have is South Park... I don't know what I'm gonna do Wednesday nights now!

I watched Warehouse 13 last night on my DVR.

The show sucks. They are trying to make it like the X-files.

The basic plot is the US Govt has a big giant warehouse in the midwest where they store shit they have no idea what to do with it. A lot of the stuff has mystical or unexplained qualities.

2 FBI agents are assigned to the warehouse and their job is to go out and retrieve objects to be stored in the warehouse.

The show has to much corny humor, especially with the warehouse director named Artie.

The show could have been better if it picked up from Indiana Jones with that Warehouse that was shown in the first and last movie.

Just my opinion.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Big Bang Theory.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Does anyone here watch Mad Men? It's a seriously good show if you like period pieces. And it has Christina Hendricks. :cool: I think it comes back on in August.

what about dirty jobs i heard talk they are done is this true ?

That talk is all over the internet, but obviously noone knows whether it's true or not. So, I can't tell you.

I watched Warehouse 13 last night on my DVR.

The show sucks.
Well, I kinda liked it. It's not the best show I've ever seen, but the characters are likable and it seems quite well made. And to be honest, how many good sci-fi shows are out there besides Fringe at the moment?

I'm looking forward to seeing The Big Bang Theory.
I'm not into the series. I don't know why, because I can certainly understand why many people like it. I just never got warm with it. But the next season starts September 21, in case you didn't know already. ;)

Does anyone here watch Mad Men? It's a seriously good show if you like period pieces. And it has Christina Hendricks. I think it comes back on in August.
I do!! :D I really like that show. Sadly I'm the only one in my "circle of acquaintances". The setting and the low pace scared them all off.
New season premieres on August 16th. Mark that date in your calendar! :D

New season premieres on August 16th. Mark that date in your calendar! :D
I'm quoting myself here as tonight the new season Mad Men premieres on AMC.

Mad Men will be the only somewhat bigger show (that's not reality tv) to start in August. September however will bring a lot of season premieres and new pilots: Sons of Anarchy, Fringe, Parks and Recreation, Castle, Heroes, House MD, How I Met Your Mother, Cougar Town, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Flash Forward, The Mentalist, Dollhouse, Medium, Southland, Dexter, Lie To Me and many more.

Anyone watching the new Bruckheimer series "Dark Blue" that's running on TNT for about a month now? I have to say, after Bruckheimer produced tv and movie hits like CSI, Cold Case, Black Hawk Down, Pirates of the Caribbean or Bad Boys II, I am not quite swept off my feet by his latest project "Dark Blue".

Mad Men will be the only somewhat bigger show (that's not reality tv) to start in August. September however will bring a lot of season premieres and new pilots: Sons of Anarchy, Fringe, Parks and Recreation, Castle, Heroes, House MD, How I Met Your Mother, Cougar Town, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Flash Forward, The Mentalist, Dollhouse, Medium, Southland, Dexter, Lie To Me and many more.

Anyone watching the new Bruckheimer series "Dark Blue" that's running on TNT for about a month now? I have to say, after Bruckheimer produced tv and movie hits like CSI, Cold Case, Black Hawk Down, Pirates of the Caribbean or Bad Boys II, I am not quite swept off my feet by his latest project "Dark Blue".

I'm not quite sure what to think of this season's offerings on t.v. this year,as far as network stuff goes.Leno 5 nights a week in prime time is just fucking lazy on NBC's part.As for Heroes,that show can go take a piss as far as I'm concerned.I stuck with that shit from the beginning,and they have preceded to shit on it every which way that they could.I really couldn't give two shits what happens on that show anymore,it's so fucking convoluted.I usually stick with a show til the bitter end,no matter what,if I've been with it for more than 3 season's,but they just made Heroes too much of a mess for me to want to stick around to see how they will fuck it up even more.

I'm looking forward to some of the shows that I watched to return.I'll be watching Son's Of Anarchy,Fringe,and Dollhouse.I'm like a Pavlovian dog waiting for Dexter and Californication,though.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Dark Blue.While it's not terrible,I do find it to be uninspired.I guess I'm a little spoiled though,because the last cop show that I watched,just so happened to be,imo,the greatest show in television history,The Shield,so there's pretty much no way that this could stack up.

Another thing that gets me about that show is,they are undercover cops,but they never leave LA,so wouldn't their covers get blow sooner or later,and I'm thinking sooner?LA's a big city,but it ain't that big.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

Mad Men will be the only somewhat bigger show (that's not reality tv) to start in August.

Mad Men. :thumbsup: Worth every second of viewing. So good, I'm watching the encore now. I'm even enjoying the commercials - and I'm (obviously) not a BMW guy. :1orglaugh

Leno 5 nights a week in prime time is just fucking lazy on NBC's part.
I'm thinking the same thing. On the other hand does it give other shows the opportunity to establish themselves, because there will be less shows to go up against, if you know what I mean.
Last season, there were just too much shows and the broadcasting was just too chaotic and unclear. The new series "Better Off Ted" for example was completely ignored even though it was one of the best new comedies in the past couple of years. Noone knew of the series and noone knew when it was shown. Real shame.

As for Heroes,that show can go take a piss as far as I'm concerned.I stuck with that shit from the beginning,and they have preceded to shit on it every which way that they could.I really couldn't give two shits what happens on that show anymore,it's so fucking convoluted.I usually stick with a show til the bitter end,no matter what,if I've been with it for more than 3 season's,but they just made Heroes too much of a mess for me to want to stick around to see how they will fuck it up even more
I'm kinda conflicted whether to continue watching Heroes or not. They managed to let one of the most exiting shows become really boring. The last couple of episodes were a bit better, but now that once more Bryan Fuller is no longer working on the show, this could get really really bad.

I'll be watching Son's Of Anarchy,Fringe,and Dollhouse. I'm like a Pavlovian dog waiting for Dexter...
Those are on the top of my list, too. Together with The Mentalist, Castle, 30 Rock, Southland and House.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Dark Blue.While it's not terrible,I do find it to be uninspired.
Another thing that gets me about that show is,they are undercover cops,but they never leave LA,so wouldn't their covers get blow sooner or later,and I'm thinking sooner?LA's a big city,but it ain't that big.
Uninspired it is indeed. And what bugs me is not only that everything takes place in LA, they're also a group of only four or five people but have a new case every couple of days, always with one or two people already on the inside and a ton of information and ideas to solve it within hours. Not that these things usually take months.
And the whole legal issue is so vague, that half the time you're asking yourself whether they are cops or vigilantes.
But if you're looking for a good cop series, give Southland a try. I though it was really good. But I'd try to get a hold of the first season instead of starting directly with the second (which start in September). I read they were forced by the network to make huge budget cuts including reducing the screen time of some of the actors, which is not the best idea because the mixture of fast and slow pacing with many different characters made this show quite riveting and agreeable.

Time to bring this one up again, as FX and CW are starting their new seasons this week with "Sons Of Anarchy" (FX), "Supernatural" (CW) and "The Vampire Diaries" (CW).

Im especially looking forward to the second season premiere of FX' "Sons Of Anarchy", one of the best new shows of the last couple of years, if you ask me.
Trailer Season Two

I'm not quite sure what to think of "The Vampire Diaries". I've seen one trailer, that made me think, that this could actually be good, but I've also seen another trailer, that made it look like a really bad Twilight rip-off in a serialized form. I guess I'll just watch the pilot and decide then.

With you guys...who saw true blood going beyond vampires into shapeshifters and ancient deities. That shit can pretty much go anywhere now!!!

I'm still hoping to see a werewolf. :D

I'm not quite sure what to think of "The Vampire Diaries". I've seen one trailer, that made me think, that this could actually be good, but I've also seen another trailer, that made it look like a really bad Twilight rip-off in a serialized form. I guess I'll just watch the pilot and decide then.
That's exactly what they are going for.The executives at The CW have made it no big secret,and have been pretty open and honest,that their target demographic is teen girl and women.It's pretty obvious with their programming choices that that's the case as well.I think that without Smallville and Supernatural,there would probably be 0% men watching that network.(well,maybe 0% heterosexual men anyway)

They used to have more shows for guys to watch,but all of them have been canceled,and now they are just filling up the space with soap operas.Melrose Place and 90210?Are they fucking serious?Along with a heaping helping of One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl,and now throw in The vampire Diaries.Now I don't know if they will all be premiering at the same time,but that's 5 hours of soap operas per week for a network that only has 10 hours of shows,Monday thru Friday.That's fucking ridiculous.

My bet is that The CW folds within 3-4 years,seeing as their ratings for most of their shows are absolutely abysmal.I just can't see CBS wanting to be a part of a terribly failing network for too much longer.

With you guys...who saw true blood going beyond vampires into shapeshifters and ancient deities. That shit can pretty much go anywhere now!!!

I'm not sure,but if the show anywhere follows the books,I would say quite a few people.I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse books,but I really do love the show,and quite frankly,I'm glad that it's about more than just vampires.

Tonight the new season starts on FOX and NBC, so I'll bring this thread up again.

On NBC, "Parks & Recreation" will return for its second season and "The Office" will return for its sixth season. On top of that, NBC will send the new comedy "Community" in the ring (Trailer (scroll down)).

On FOX, "Fringe" will return for its second season and "Bones" for its fifth. Both shows are surrounded by rumors for the past weeks.
There were some misunderstandings concerning the cast of Fringe, because a new actress was cast to play a new main character for season two, whereas a member of the old cast was allegedly pretty upset because his character was to be written out of the show. The producers have given hints at what was the true core of these rumors: the beginning of the new season will be shocking and murderous (which probably means, that said character will die) and during the season the team will be reinforced by a fresh, young agent (which probably means the new cast member will be an FBI agent as well).
Bones was a different matter: allegedly, the network slapped the show's creators/writers on the wrist for letting the two main characters get too close. They don't want them to become a couple like it happened on many other shows with the famous male-female-he/she wants me-he/she doesn't want me-we can't because we work together-we don't care because we love each other-dynamic, because most of these shows (for example Moonlighting or X-Files) took a ratings-nosedive after the "unlikely" lovers found each other (because the female crowd had seen what it wanted to see and the male crowd was turned off because their favorite show had become a romantic lovestory come true). Problem was, that part of the new season had already been filmed or at least written. So it's going to be interesting to see how much of the networks demand will be implemented.

This season, the battle of the giants on thursdays reaches a new high. Last week, CW started its new, promising (at least if you take a look at the ratings) series "The Vampire Diaries". Tonight, NBC starts its comedy night and FOX premieres Fringe and Bones. Next week, ABC and CBS will enter the ring with their current heavyweights "Grey's Anatomy", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist".
Sad to see that all the networks will send their flagships against each other on thursdays (with the exception of House, which will remain on mondays), while sundays and tuesdays will remain almost empty. Another pretty questionable American tradition...?

Out of all the new pilots (very smart, I know, pilots are always new) I've seen so far over the last two weeks (Community, The Forgotten, Mercy, etc.), I have to say I liked "The Good Wife" the most. Excellently shot and edited, good colors and lighting, believable characters and a lot of potential. You can tell, that Tony and Ridley Scot had their fingers in there, even if it's "only a tv show".

Haven't seen "Flash Forward", yet. I'm planning on doing that later today.