• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The tv season 2009/2010

They should have cancelled 24 a long time ago. The last 4 or 5 seasons have been the same shit repeated again and again.

If that "same shit" includes ratings...they would be fools to cancel IMO.

I think it's pretty safe to say Knight Rider has been canceled. It hasn't been listed anywhere as returning or canceled but the writing was on the wall after the February season finale (or should I say series finale). Upset about Terminator though. They ended it in a way where you wanted to see what was next but it also sort of leads into Terminator Salvation I guess with John Connor in the future.

If that "same shit" includes ratings...they would be fools to cancel IMO.

And the monotony continues.

If they're still getting ratings good for them may the show be on for years to come :rolleyes:. The shows writers must be the most rested of any TV show out there.

- "The same again this year?"
- "Yeah sure..."

:1orglaugh

Except for Lie To Me & Breaking Bad. I really dont watch any network stuff. HBO & Showtime really have the best shows out, IMHO.

United States of Tara
Weeds
In Treatment
Real Time with Bill Maher
Californication
True Blood
Eastbound & Down
Dexter
The Tudors

Looking forward to "Hung" a new HBO show with Thomas Jane

Wow, I had thought My Name Is Earl was actually pretty popular. :dunno:
Yeah, it actually was. But due to poor program planning by NBC and a slight decline in writing quality, the shows ratings took a nosedive during the second half of the season.

They also move the time slot around which fucks up the show too.
That's exactly the reason why a lot of good shows won't return. Nobody knows when to watch and consequently the ratings are poor. You tune in just to get the info, that the show will return in three weeks. You tune in three weeks later just to find out, that you already missed an episode.... :dunno: and on and on and on like that...

The Simpsons will end on their own terms. Is that the same as being cancelled?
Yeah, sorry, I should have specified that. Some shows weren't cancelled but ended on their own terms (for example a planned series finale like in Battlestar Galactica, which also will not return next season). Prison Break for example ended on it's own terms this season.

Those are the 2 cancellations that piss me off. :mad:
I was kinda frustrated about that, too. Life and Pushing Daisies were great shows.

They should have gotten rid of "Boston Legal" along time ago and brought back "the Practice".
Actually, Boston Legal will not return next season. I apparently forgot to put them on the list. But I don't think they'll bring back "The Practice". :D But don't worry, there will be a lot of new law shows, for example The Deep End, U.S. Attorney or The Good Wife.

No mention of NBC's "Chuck", which had a Kick-ass season finale, and is a really good show. I hope the fan ruckus will convince NBC to keep it for at least one more season.
H
NBC has announced that Chuck will return, but with a shorter season of 13 episodes. But the negotiations for that must have been pretty though. Rumor has it that even some of the characters will be written of the show to reduce costs.

I think it's pretty safe to say Knight Rider has been canceled.
Knight Rider has definitely been cancelled, yes. That decision was already made back in March, if I remember correctly.

But, i did not see Supernatural. I think CW announces their shit a little later.
Supernatural will return on CW as well as 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and Smallville. I'm not a big fan of the shows on CW. That's probably why I forgot to list them.

There are a lot of new seasons I'm looking forward to. Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, United States Of Tara, Breaking Bad or How I Met Your Mother for example.
And I'm glad to see that Southland will get a second season after it's first season had only seven episodes (due to the may strikes, contract negotiations and cutbacks within the last 18 months).

any news on sci fi's estate of panic and cha$e

and mtvs the phone . i have no clue why but i find myself watching those 3 shows

So, I'm pulling this thread up again, as I intend to use it to post updates. Don't see a reason to open a new thread every time.

any news on sci fi's estate of panic and cha$e

and mtvs the phone . i have no clue why but i find myself watching those 3 shows
Sorry, man, I have no idea what's going on with all the reality tv shows. I'm not really into that stuff.

Ok, for everyone who's interested:
Mental premieres tonight at 9 pm on FOX. According to FOX, it's supposed to be like House only in a psychology department.
wikipedia page; imdb page
I'll definitely watch the premiere episode. To me, Annabella Sciorra alone is worth watching. I just hope that the rest doesn't suck.

Supernatural will return on CW as well as 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and Smallville. I'm not a big fan of the shows on CW. That's probably why I forgot to list them.

Smallville is the only show I watch on the CW and now they are moving Season 9 to the death slot of Friday nights. However now that Terminator has been canceled I can watch Smallville as a lead in for Dollhouse and considering that they renegotiated Tom Welling's contract through Season 10 (if it goes that far), they might have just moved it to bolster their Friday lineup. Smallville is consistently The CW's highest rated show, then again there's nothing else worth watching on that channel so it's easy to see why. I will say that Supernatural isn't bad but I have yet to see a full season.

... However now that Terminator has been canceled I can watch Smallville as a lead in for Dollhouse...
Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't cancel Dollhouse as well. But I'm glad they didn't. The show really picked up the pace in the second half of the season.

Ok, here's the next reminder.
Tonight The Goode Family premieres on ABC. Not really my cup of tea, but as it seems that there are some people here who like the stuff by Mike Judge (Beavis & Butt-Head, King of the Hill)...
Go to this page and scroll down for a short video about the show.

Smallville is the only show I watch on the CW and now they are moving Season 9 to the death slot of Friday nights. However now that Terminator has been canceled I can watch Smallville as a lead in for Dollhouse and considering that they renegotiated Tom Welling's contract through Season 10 (if it goes that far), they might have just moved it to bolster their Friday lineup. Smallville is consistently The CW's highest rated show, then again there's nothing else worth watching on that channel so it's easy to see why. I will say that Supernatural isn't bad but I have yet to see a full season.

Supernatural is my absolute fav show, ever. And, this season owned. I mean come on, Lucifer came out of fucking hell in the season finale, this season. You don't get much better, than that!

Time to bring this one up again for another reminder.

Tonight, there will be two premieres on USA Network.
Royal Pains, a new series about a physician dealing with the everyday madness of the rich and famous in the Hamptons.
And of course Burn Notice will return for its third season. I'm a little bit surprised though, that Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) hardly appears in any of the promos for the new season. I hope that doesn't mean his screen time has been reduced or he has been "downgraded" from a member of the main cast to a regular or something like that.

^
RE: Burn Notice and Sam Axe....no way. The show can't function without him. The Season 3 Promos just feature Jeffrey Donovan more and "Fi" too to "sell the sexy sizzle" between those two.

I try to avoid all *Spoilerish* stuff relating to shows I care about, BUT, I broke down and snooped around for some spoilers yesterday regarding BN...I am cautiously optimistic that the writers know what the fuck they're doing and this show won't head into the crapper now that it's gaining some real ratings and *BUZZ*....

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
entourage starts july 12
also mindfreak season 5 is this summer too from what i herd frist four epps are an hour long. Rumor has it it maybe the last season due too believe live show not really sure on it.

any news if tbs bill engvall show is returning this year ? and spike tv's manswers and 1,000 ways to die

^
RE: Burn Notice and Sam Axe....no way. The show can't function without him. The Season 3 Promos just feature Jeffrey Donovan more and "Fi" too to "sell the sexy sizzle" between those two.

I try to avoid all *Spoilerish* stuff relating to shows I care about, BUT, I broke down and snooped around for some spoilers yesterday regarding BN...I am cautiously optimistic that the writers know what the fuck they're doing and this show won't head into the crapper now that it's gaining some real ratings and *BUZZ*....

I'm thinking the same thing. Can't imagine the show to work without Bruce Campbell. :D
And I hope the show will continue on its current level or even become a bit better. I mean, after Tricia Helfer was a regular last season :)thumbsup:), they managed to get Moon Bloodgood as a regular for this season. I'm definitely happy about that. :D And Michael Weston will make a guest appearance, too. That should be fun, even if it's only for one episode.

entourage starts july 12
Jup, I read that, too. I'm somewhat surprised by it, though, as it seems that they are still shooting. Normally, HBO doesn't rush things like that. And I read something that ruined my anticipation a bit: Zac Efron was booked for a guest role. Don't ask me why, but I just can't stand that guy. I think, he never made or played anything that I enjoyed watching.

any news if tbs bill engvall show is returning this year ? and spike tv's manswers and 1,000 ways to die

I don't know about the spike tv shows, but The Bill Engvall Show will definitely return and has reportedly even added a new members to its main cast. It says on imdb, that the third season will premiere (or return or whatever, seems noone is really sure about that) on July 18th.