• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NFL Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's like saying...the giants had no business being in the super bowl last year...and the pats were going to KILL the giants...and what happened? we all know what happened

Deeeze

Tig Ol' Bitty Expert
Man Adrian Wilson almost made me tear up

Its gonna be a Bird fest in the Super Bowl.........Cards and Ravens

Deeeze

Tig Ol' Bitty Expert
My headline in the newspaper -- "MEDIOCRITY WINS! FANS LOSE! CARDS SANDBAG THEIR WAY TO SUPER BOWL"
If the Card do win it all they would of gotten on the same roll the Colts got on when they won it,looking like crap at the end of the season and turning it all around come playoffs

I don't care if the Rays had to "earn" it throughout the season or not. Everybody knew that they had no business being in the World Series and everybody knew that they would get destroyed...which they did.

The same goes for the Cardinals.

Well, I guess I'll just try and remember that The Boss is playing at halftime. I'll enjoy that part of the Super Bowl at least. Oh, and I'll be drunk, so that will help too.

remember last year's super bowl? enough said

im calling it...cardinals win the super bowl...and i think fitz just made playoff history...with debuting in the playoffs first 3 games

I'm with you.Everyone has been doubting the Cardinals every step of the way throughout the playoffs,and they have made everyone look like fucking fools for it.I love it when that happens.:rofl:

No matter who they play in the Superbowl,they will be doubted again,and guess what?They'll make fools out of everyone yet again...or that's what I'm hoping for,at least

I agree with you though. If Baltimore wins their game...nobody is going to watch that Cardinal/Raven Super Bowl:sleep:

The Cardinals could be Super Bowl champs without having won a meaningful regular season game!

I've said to numerous people that if it's a Cards/Ravens Superbowl,it will be the lowest rated nd least watched Superbowl of all time.

Now it seems like you are starting to understand that winning the Superbowl doesn't necessarily mean that you are the best team in the league.

it's like saying...the giants had no business being in the super bowl last year...and the pats were going to KILL the giants...and what happened? we all know what happened

No, Young_Guns. The Giants went on a pretty big winning streak last year. They were the second "hottest" team in the league, and gave the Pats a hell of a game in the regular season. They didn't lay down to the Patriots like the Cardinals did.

The Giants earned their place in the Super Bowl. But, nobody gave them a chance to win that Super Bowl. I agree with that. I sure didn't give them any chance:dunno:

The Cardinals were thought to be a laughingstock team...how does a team deserve any respect when they get blown out so badly so many times..yet..THEY'RE IN THE SUPER BOWL! :weeping:

I'm with you.Everyone has been doubting the Cardinals every step of the way throughout the playoffs,and they have made everyone look like fucking fools for it.I love it when that happens.:rofl:

No matter who they play in the Superbowl,they will be doubted again,and guess what?They'll make fools out of everyone yet again...or that's what I'm hoping for,at least

I've said to numerous people that if it's a Cards/Ravens Superbowl,it will be the lowest rated nd least watched Superbowl of all time.

Now it seems like you are starting to understand that winning the Superbowl doesn't necessarily mean that you are the best team in the league.

u just gotta be playing the best ball at the end of the year...in the playoffs...look at last year's pats?

It's never been THIS OBVIOUS before. The Cards were not worthy of being in the playoffs and, yet, have played home games the whole time! Ridiculous!

The Giants earned their place in the Super Bowl. But, nobody gave them a chance to win that Super Bowl. I agree with that. I sure didn't give them any chance:dunno:
But I did,and I even bet and won 20 bucks on a straight up bet that they would win.:nanner:
u just gotta be playing the best ball at the end of the year...in the playoffs...look at last year's pats?

Last year's Patriots were the best team in football,and the record proves it.They just ended up losing the most important game of the year to a team that they already beat.

Let me clear up one thing just in case I'm being misunderstood.I think that if you go to,and/or win the Superbowl you have definitely earned it and deserve it,I will not argue that.I'm just saying that with the way the league is designed now,it more than welcomes 9-7 champions.And imo,unless you have beaten teams that ended the season with the best records,that doesn't make you the "best" team,but you still can become the champion just by the way the playoffs and their match up systems are designed.

But I did,and I even bet and won 20 bucks on a straight up bet that they would win.:nanner:

Last year's Patriots were the best team in football,and the record proves it.They just ended up losing the most important game of the year to a team that they already beat.

Let me clear up one thing just in case I'm being misunderstood.I think that if you go to,and/or win the Superbowl you have definitely earned it and deserve it,I will not argue that.I'm just saying that with the way the league is designed now,it more than welcomes 9-7 champions.And imo,unless you have beaten teams that ended the season with the best records,that doesn't make you the "best" team,but you still can become the champion just by the way the playoffs and their match up systems are designed.

do we need something like a bcs system? lol:rofl::rofl:...now people are bitching about the nfl PLAYOFFS..."playoffs? playoffs? u wanna talk about playoffs? dont talk about playoffs, i just hope we can win a game"

^
We only need to scrap the Divisions. List every Conference team TOP TO BOTTOM and take the best 6 from each conference.

It's the Division arrangement that fucks everything up, yg.

^
We only need to scrap the Divisions. List every Conference team TOP TO BOTTOM and take the best 6 from each conference.

It's the Division arrangement that fucks everything up, yg.

aint going to be like that...no matter what...u win the division, your in...i mean, what's soo wrong with the cards? they earned it...

The Division arrangement protects weak teams. I don't believe that owners will change the Playoff system to be more representative of the best teams deciding the championship...so this argument is basically...meaningless. But, when people complain about crappy teams taking advantage of "the system"...maybe that criticism will make sense.

We only need the Dual Conference alignment...although, if we can get rid of Divisions someday, maybe owners will see that the Conference alignment is also meaningless and let's do away with the Conferences and make the playoffs a TRUE BEST OF THE BEST Competition....

Arizona won again today. The Eagles don't have too much to complain about. They definitly had their chances and blew it in that game. McNabb and Aikers were especially bad today. At least McNabb kept from vometing this time.

Arizona won again today. The Eagles don't have too much to complain about. They definitly had their chances and blew it in that game. McNabb and Aikers were especially bad today. At least McNabb kept from vometing this time.

nabb had a good game...342 passing yards...3 tds...i think 2-3 turnovers, tho

nabb had a good game...342 passing yards...3 tds...i think 2-3 turnovers, tho

He was also missing passes and being off target all game long, especially in crucial situations. I lost count to the number of times he threw behind the receiver, overthrew them on a deep pass, underthrew them, didn't get them the ball where they could have gained a lot more yards after the catch, or had no idea where the receiver was supposed to be on a blitz that got through. I think part of the reason he got so many passing yards is because they were way behind early and he had to keep passing to try to get back into it. The Eagles almost won that game, and if it wasn’t for a lot of missed opportunities by those two I wonder how it would have turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.