• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NFL Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
All I have to say is FUCKING STEELERS BABY!!!!!

Wrong.The best team on that day wins,not the best team.

With a 16-0 record last year,there is no doubt that the Patriots were the best team last year.But even before the season was over,they were being hunted like dogs to get knocked off.

To prove my point,The Giants ended up the champions and the Pats beat them just a few weeks earlier,so yes,the Giant were the champs because they beat the Patriots when it absolutely counted the most,but does that mean the the Giants were the best team in football last year? Not necessarily,but they took full advantage of the situations that were presented to them that earned them a championship.

I'm sorry,but if you go 16-0 in the regular season,and aren't playing a soft schedule,I don't see how you can't be considered to be the best team.Now my main point is that just because you are the best team "on paper",doesn't mean that you are automatically be the champion at the end of the year.

I just feel that essentially the regular season establishes who's the best team and the playoffs determine who's the champion.If the champion is without a shadow of a doubt the best team,then they should be able to beat any other team in the league and their record would reflect that.Back in the 80's,it seemed that whoever was the champ could pretty much beat anyone and the regular season record would prove that,but with the parody in the league now,it seems like all you have to do is slide into the playoffs,and then anything can happen.

If the Cardinals win it all,can anyone really say that they are the best team in football?That's pretty much why I want them to win it all,just to prove my point.

If they aren't the best team, they will have beat the best teams...or beat the teams that beat the best teams. Whats the difference?

Wrong.The best team on that day wins,not the best team.

With a 16-0 record last year,there is no doubt that the Patriots were the best team last year.But even before the season was over,they were being hunted like dogs to get knocked off.

To prove my point,The Giants ended up the champions and the Pats beat them just a few weeks earlier,so yes,the Giant were the champs because they beat the Patriots when it absolutely counted the most,but does that mean the the Giants were the best team in football last year? Not necessarily,but they took full advantage of the situations that were presented to them that earned them a championship.

I'm sorry,but if you go 16-0 in the regular season,and aren't playing a soft schedule,I don't see how you can't be considered to be the best team.Now my main point is that just because you are the best team "on paper",doesn't mean that you are automatically be the champion at the end of the year.

I just feel that essentially the regular season establishes who's the best team and the playoffs determine who's the champion.If the champion is without a shadow of a doubt the best team,then they should be able to beat any other team in the league and their record would reflect that.Back in the 80's,it seemed that whoever was the champ could pretty much beat anyone and the regular season record would prove that,but with the parody in the league now,it seems like all you have to do is slide into the playoffs,and then anything can happen.

If the Cardinals win it all,can anyone really say that they are the best team in football?That's pretty much why I want them to win it all,just to prove my point.

Sorry the Giants took there best punch and won out an a superb play. so they are the better team. Regular season means so little, if you cant win the big game! You play all year to get to that point, if you lose, you are not the better team. There are no best of 7 or 5 in the NFL, every game counts.

Parity in the NFL has changed the game for the better in my book. I hated dynasty's in the 80's and 90's. Took all the fun out of the game.

I guess we can agree to disagree... Great avatar by the way!

ealges win the super bowl...tomorrow is a great day...football!!

Eagles gotta get by the cardinals first.... This game is at home.. On paper it lokos great for the eagles.... but dount discount the cardinals they got lots of talent and the What the fuck to lose attitude.....

:thefinger

Sorry the Giants took there best punch and won out an a superb play. so they are the better team. Regular season means so little, if you cant win the big game! You play all year to get to that point, if you lose, you are not the better team. There are no best of 7 or 5 in the NFL, every game counts.

Parity in the NFL has changed the game for the better in my book. I hated dynasty's in the 80's and 90's. Took all the fun out of the game.

I guess we can agree to disagree... Great avatar by the way!

Thanks,Bill the Butcher is the man.

I thought that I would be in favor of parody when I was a kid when the Giant,Redskins,49ers,and later the Cowboys would always win.Watching the NFL today makes me realize that there are very few,to no truly great players today that are on the level of legendary status.While a lot of the games are entertaining,the league in general is mediocre,with a bunch of mediocre players,and that's just not the football that I grew up watching.

Winning or going to the Superbowl just doesn't seem to be that special to me anymore,for the fact that there is a good chance that you might not even make the playoffs the next year.

I liked the the dynasties,even if I hated the teams that had them.It let you know who the real kings of the jungle were instead of now when teams are just king for a day.

the chiefs might not fire edwards and wait untill 2010 to bring in a new coach as several canidates are more likly to be available.

red001

Eagles gotta get by the cardinals first.... This game is at home.. On paper it lokos great for the eagles.... but dount discount the cardinals they got lots of talent and the What the fuck to lose attitude.....

:thefinger

it's hard to get out of my mind...westbrooks 4 total tds...and running all over the cardinals...something i cant get out of my mind

Damn...this is turning into a rout. It seems like the Eagles are panicked and have lost composure. 2TDs is not an insurmountable lead..they just need to keep that cardinal offense on the sideline...long drives Philly! Cmon...

I'm not surprised they want to take out Warner...but c'mon Philly...try to make it a little LESS OBVIOUS.... ;-)

I am going to LMFAO if the Cardinals win. No one has been giving them the credit they deserve.

like i said...i saw something in the cardinals when they played the falcons...they played with intense actions, passion, urgency...even, tho i picked the eagles to win it all...man, im glad for the cardinals, but it isnt over until is over

Damn...this is turning into a rout. It seems like the Eagles are panicked and have lost composure. 2TDs is not an insurmountable lead..they just need to keep that cardinal offense on the sideline...long drives Philly! Cmon...

I'm not surprised they want to take out Warner...but c'mon Philly...try to make it a little LESS OBVIOUS.... ;-)

this is exactly what the cardinals do best...take a big lead...and obviously the ealges have to throw right into that secondary...this is what makes this team soo tough...u gotta play the cards like the colts...let that awesome offense look from the sidelines, that's the best defense against these guys

Warner choked on that play...the pressure is getting to him. I can smell the fear!!!

Holy shit that was an amazing catch by Mesean Jackson. WOW!

Yup...I can smell the fear on the Cardinal sideline!

Status
Not open for further replies.