• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NFL Football Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was also missing passes and being off target all game long, especially in crucial situations. I lost count to the number of times he threw behind the receiver, overthrew them on a deep pass, underthrew them, didn't get them the ball where they could have gained a lot more yards after the catch, or had no idea where the receiver was supposed to be on a blitz that got through. I think part of the reason he got so many passing yards is because they were way behind early and he had to keep passing to try to get back into it. The Eagles almost won that game, and if it wasn’t for a lot of missed opportunities by those two I wonder how it would have turned out.

andy reid and mcnabb...another lost in the nfc championship game...what does this team need to get over the hump? 5 out of the 8 years...they gotten there...but they've lost 4...

The Division arrangement protects weak teams. I don't believe that owners will change the Playoff system to be more representative of the best teams deciding the championship...so this argument is basically...meaningless. But, when people complain about crappy teams taking advantage of "the system"...maybe that criticism will make sense.

We only need the Dual Conference alignment...although, if we can get rid of Divisions someday, maybe owners will see that the Conference alignment is also meaningless and let's do away with the Conferences and make the playoffs a TRUE BEST OF THE BEST Competition....

For once,I kinda agree with you,but the main reason why owners will never vote to change the playoff system is because most of those owners OWN mediocre teams!They want just as good of a chance as the teams that are actually better than their teams,and guess what?They DO have just as good of a chance!

Re Alignment would mess up rivalry games. The only sport that needs a playoff change is basketball

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Ouch...helmet to helmet for McGahee and Clark.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I've got a feeling......PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! Bring on the Cards.......they have no chance!!!!! Ring #6 coming to Pittsburgh!!!!!!:partysml:

I've got a feeling......PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! Bring on the Cards.......they have no chance!!!!! Ring #6 coming to Pittsburgh!!!!!!:partysml:

That's exactly what they said when they played Atlanta,Carolina,and Phily,and look what happened to all of them.

The Cardinals are probably one of the most unassumingly dangerous teams ever,because nobody,and I mean NOBODY has given them a chance in three straight playoff games,and they have come out victorious.Steelers better watch out or they could be another victim and be left wondering "what the fuck just happened?"

Only thing that I wish is that I should have put some money down on this one.The payoff's gotta be through the roof.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
That's exactly what they said when they played Atlanta,Carolina,and Phily,and look what happened to all of them.

The Cardinals are probably one of the most unassumingly dangerous teams ever,because nobody,and I mean NOBODY has given them a chance in three straight playoff games,and they have come out victorious.Steelers better watch out or they could be another victim and be left wondering "what the fuck just happened?"

Only thing that I wish is that I should have put some money down on this one.The payoff's gotta be through the roof.

Yeah, but they beat the...

Falcons - They weren't good to begin with either
Panthers - How many interceptions did they throw again?
Eagles - The Eagles beat themselves by missing plenty of opportunities

Did they ultimately win those games? Yes. But, they got a lot of help from their opponent's mistakes. Pittsburgh's defense doesn't allow help to be given and the Cardinals will not win that game.

Yeah, but they beat the...

Falcons - They weren't good to begin with either
Panthers - How many interceptions did they throw again?
Eagles - The Eagles beat themselves by missing plenty of opportunities

Did they ultimately win those games? Yes. But, they got a lot of help from their opponent's mistakes. Pittsburgh's defense doesn't allow help to be given and the Cardinals will not win that game.

last year's super bowl...enough said

For once,I kinda agree with you,but the main reason why owners will never vote to change the playoff system is because most of those owners OWN mediocre teams!They want just as good of a chance as the teams that are actually better than their teams,and guess what?They DO have just as good of a chance!

I think they want the chance to get to the playoffs for the extra playoff games/revenue. That's why they won't change the Division arrangement.

I'm mostly bent over the Cards getting to host the NFC CHampionship, and the fact that they host the game against a team that destroyed them in the regular season makes it even more annoying and bitter:mad:

If Arizona gets blown out in the Super Bowl...they will be despised and hated by the Nation....

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
All the Steelers have to do is shut down Larry Fitzgerald. The Cards have Edgerrin James, who is a very good RB, but we have the best running defense in the game today. Larry Fitz, who I have high respect for, can and will be shut down by our defense, who is #2 against the pass in the league. Not only that, we've been to the SB 6 times before this. The Arizona Cards have never been to the big game, while in AZ, although Warner and maybe a couple others have. Pittsburgh is the most dominant team in football, always have been and always will be. The Cards and Fitzgerald will win a SB some day, but not this year. The Steelers will become the first team to win 6 Super Bowls. A day like this makes be proud to be born and raised in Pittsburgh. On a side note, the Ravens gave it one hell of a shot and I sincerely hope Willis McGahee isn't seriously hurt. Even though he is a Raven, he is still a human being and I never wish any serious injury on a player. I also wanted Philly to win the NFC, but they gave AZ a great game and my hats off to them. But when it's all said and done, the Steelers are bringing the title back home here to Pittsburgh where it belongs.

All the Steelers have to do is shut down Larry Fitzgerald. The Cards have Edgerrin James, who is a very good RB, but we have the best running defense in the game today. Larry Fitz, who I have high respect for, can and will be shut down by our defense, who is #2 against the pass in the league. Not only that, we've been to the SB 6 times before this. The Arizona Cards have never been to the big game, while in AZ, although Warner and maybe a couple others have. Pittsburgh is the most dominant team in football, always have been and always will be. The Cards and Fitzgerald will win a SB some day, but not this year. The Steelers will become the first team to win 6 Super Bowls. A day like this makes be proud to be born and raised in Pittsburgh. On a side note, the Ravens gave it one hell of a shot and I sincerely hope Willis McGahee isn't seriously hurt. Even though he is a Raven, he is still a human being and I never wish any serious injury on a player. I also wanted Philly to win the NFC, but they gave AZ a great game and my hats off to them. But when it's all said and done, the Steelers are bringing the title back home here to Pittsburgh where it belongs.

they have boldin too...dont underestimate this team...they play with passion, anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.