• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

'The hardest decision I have ever made': Illinois governor abolishes death penalty

emceeemcee

Banned
Re: 'The hardest decision I have ever made': Illinois governor abolishes death penalt

Agree 10000%. Some people don't deserve to live. It's a simple fact. Why should we keep the lowest scum on the planet alive at taxpayers expense? :dunno:

The State should be kept on a short leash in a healthy democracy. If it can't demonstrate that it can responsibly and competently apply certain powers then it deserves to have those powers stripped from it. The unholy fuck-ups with innocent prisoners being killed and the long history of the death penalty being used as a political weapon should have anybody rethinking the idea that its wise to allow The State the permission to murder it's own citizens.

:2 cents:

emceeemcee

Banned
Re: 'The hardest decision I have ever made': Illinois governor abolishes death penalt

and let us not overlook the sheer hypocrisy of how the death penalty is applied: a citizen commits a crime punishable by death and receives that punishment. Yet a politician can kill thousands by ordering war/torture/targeted assassination and not only is he free from prosecution and punishment but is allowed to keep the proceeds from his/her crime via sales of his/her memoirs.

To proponents of the death penalty: you really want the ruling class to to be exempt from the same standards they apply to you? REALLY?

The sheer stupidity of this decision is amazing - yet people applaud as if it is the second coming of Christ.

I just wished Ted Bundy had lived to see this day - he and the select members of the club would be laughing.

Oh and by the way I believe Richard Ramirez is innocent and eagerly await the day he is able to be released from San Quentin. He definitely does not deserve the death penalty and should be relocated to Illinois near a YMCA.... :)

It's a bad decision. I believe the majority of people on death row are guilty and deserve death. I think the people applauding the decision dont read about the type of crimes the criminals on death row have commited!

emceeemcee

Banned

It's a bad decision. I believe the majority of people on death row are guilty and deserve death.

Well, as long as you believe it to be true then I guess that's good enough! No need for police investigation and trial!

And if a a few hundred innocents get offed in the process who cares right? it's worth it in the grand scheme of things!

I think the people applauding the decision dont read about the type of crimes the criminals on death row have commited!

I think the proponents are deliberatly ignoring the arguments put forward by death penalty proponents or are just incapable of responding to them with a valid counter arguments.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol

What a pussy.

girk1

Closed Account

Well, as long as you believe it to be true then I guess that's good enough! No need for police investigation and trial!

And if a a few hundred innocents get offed in the process who cares right? it's worth it in the grand scheme of things!

Honestly when I hear the response of many people to issues like this it makes me jump for joy that we are NOT a 'true' or Direct Democracy with citizens voting directly on legislation/laws.:facepalm:

I would hate to have our/my fate directly in the hands a majority of US citizens as opposed to fairly reasonable representatives.

We would probably have a Middle Ages type judiciary/criminal system of castrations/executions,etc......:facepalm:

It's ironic that many here in the U.S. view many other countries as "BACKWARDS" ,yet consider the company we keep as far as countries which administer the Death penalty:

SOMALIA, Iran, Afghanistan,Libya,Sudan,Bangledesh,Pakistan,North Korea,Vietnam,etc........and essentially most of the Arab or Muslim world.

We keep great company with some of the most backward thinking/brutal/repressive regimes in the world.

While in contrast the DEATH PENALTY is BANNED(or not practiced) in the 'forward thinking' world which includes most every European nation, Canada,Australia, Most All countries of the Americas & MOST All SUB SAHARAN AFRICAN Nations.

I know people commit heinous crimes & not trying to sound callous ,but "Dead is Dead" & the death penalty will not resurrect any loved ones.

Dead men can't prove their innocence.

Only 'war' criminals like Charles Taylor, Milosovic(?) or those who either direct or participate in genocides, crimes against humanity or war atrocities should be considered for Death penalty.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol

Why did you put quotes around the word "War?" Are you implying that war doesn't exist except in sarcasm?

Instead of the drawn out and expensive legal process which can leave convicts on death row for decades, I would love to see a one appeal system and the sentence imposed the minute that appeal fails.

Agree 10000%. Some people don't deserve to live. It's a simple fact. Why should we keep the lowest scum on the planet alive at taxpayers expense? :dunno:
Who are we to decide wether someone deserves to die or not ?
And how do you decide ? Where's the edge separating people deserving to live from people deserving to die ?

It's a bad decision. I believe the majority of people on death row are guilty and deserve death. I think the people applauding the decision dont read about the type of crimes the criminals on death row have commited!

That's not good enough. The thought of an innocent person spending 1 hour wrongly convicted is sad (for lack of a better term) and the thought of someone being murdered as a result of a wrong conviction is sickening.

I wholeheartedly favor sentencing people to death who deserve it. There are just some crimes so heinous and malicious that the only equitable punishment is forfeiture of life. I couldn't care less about the perceived deterrent value of the death penalty (or any punishment for that matter) because it's about punishing for a crime and at least we'd know that person wouldn't do it again.

Having said that, the system is not without fault. Especially in the past. The death penalty has been unequally applied, law officials have at times put winning ahead of justice and no one should ever be on death row unless the case against them is unequivocal.

I described this Gov's decision as the dumbest not because I'm a death penalty zealot. But because I believe in lieu of abolishment, moratoriums are the answer until we are able to reasonably assess whether those on death row are unequivocally guilty. People put allot of stock in the appeals of these sentences but the appeals process only assesses reversible error not weight of evidence.

There should be a moratorium on the death penalty until everyone sentenced to it is determined to be there on weight of evidence toward unequivocal quilt. Those who's cases are not reasonably unequivocal should have their sentences commuted to life and those who are clearly guilty of some of the worst crimes need their sentences of death carried out.

There are just some crimes so heinous and malicious that the only equitable punishment is forfeiture of life.
Wich ones are ? And wich ones aren't ?
Where do you put the line sparating people who can live and people who have to die ?

Wich ones are ? And wich ones aren't ?
Where do you put the line sparating people who can live and people who have to die ?

In my book? In my book, anyone who knowingly premeditates the killing of an innocent person and carries it out deserves the death penalty.

The only people who should get lesser sentences are in cases where circumstances mitigate or the weight of the evidence is reasonable to convict but not substantial enough to be unequivocal.

In my book? In my book, anyone who knowingly premeditates the killing of an innocent person and carries it out deserves the death penalty.

The only people who should get lesser sentences are in cases where circumstances mitigate or the weight of the evidence is reasonable to convict but not substantial enough to be unequivocal.

Unfortunately the world is not as black and white as that. What about politicians that send thousands of soldiers to their deaths as well as to kill thousands of others all based on lies, even if found out they will never face the death penalty. What about the likes of Bernie Maddof and other dodgy bankers who no doubt knew when his scam was discovered that many people lives would be turned upside down with inevitable deaths from suicides and stress/ill health. What about people like Warren Anderson CEO of Union Carbide which was responsible for 15000 deaths and countless injuries in the Bhopal disaster and those US soldiers who raped and killed that Iraqi girl then butchered her baby sister and parents to cover up the crime. If people like these don't get executed because they're politicians, soldiers, rich or influential then what's the point of having the death penalty if certain people can avoid it :dunno:

Unfortunately the world is not as black and white as that.
The world may not be but some circumstances are and in the cases where they are there needs to be black and white solutions.
If people like these don't get executed because they're politicians, soldiers, rich or influential then what's the point of having the death penalty if certain people can avoid it :dunno:

Again, in my book the point of having a death penalty is to punish those who knowingly set about to murder innocent people. That some people escape the death penalty is as irrelevant to the point IMO as some people getting away with robbery. Just because all people who steal don't get tried and convicted of robbery isn't a case against trying and convicting people of robbery.

Facetious

Moderated

Now what are they going to do the next time some POS kidnaps, molests, tortures, dismembers, cooks and eats some innocent, defenseless kid?? Oh, I forgot. Give 'em 3 squares, a pillow and free room and board for the rest of his life.:facepalm:

BTW, the US has the death penalty...meaning if you commit a qualifying federal crime the US g'ment can sentence and carryout the death penalty.

If the US didn't then no state within the US could as if the death penalty were ruled unconstitutional then no state could violate a persons constitutional protection from it.

The only problem I have with the death penalty is that it takes too long to carry out in cases where the guilt is non-circumstantial, obvious and overwhelming.

Re 'The hardest decision I have ever made': Correction. 'The dumbest decision I ever made'...(fixed).

Wow! I can't believe what I'm reading!
Welcome to the family of man! :hatsoff:

More on topic: ''The hardest decision I have ever made as Governor''?!! !!
Sheesh, don't have a stroke, governor, How long has Blago been out of office anyway? :facepalm:
Not impressive governor, not in the least bit! You should have reserved that statement for mid to late second term.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Bravo Governor Quinn! Let's get rid of it altogether....one state at a time if need be.

:clap::clap::clap:

emceeemcee

Banned

Hot Mega-

the fact that Facetious is in furious agreement with you doesn't make you the slightest bit doubtful about the strength of your arguments?

:1orglaugh

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

in another thread about the woman who was given death for killing a little girl and her father most peolple were glad she got death,,,,and she didn't even pull the trigger i believe.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

The sheer stupidity of this decision is amazing - yet people applaud as if it is the second coming of Christ.

I just wished Ted Bundy had lived to see this day - he and the select members of the club would be laughing.

Oh and by the way I believe Richard Ramirez is innocent and eagerly await the day he is able to be released from San Quentin. He definitely does not deserve the death penalty and should be relocated to Illinois near a YMCA.... :)

thats just it.
these are people who killed many innocent people, mostly women and even kids.
undoubtedly guilty.
the possibility of them being innocent doesn't exist.
the trauma they caused so many people, death and ruined lives.

why would anybody defend them being executed?