• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Texas Judiciary to Review Death Penalty

Death penalty is a lot like abortion discussion. Meaning there are people for it, people against it, and people who believe it can work without being overused and abused.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
^
OK Whims. Now, how do you feel about the topic of the thread? :dunno: That's what I really want to know.

This isn't going how I imagined it....:facepalm:

That's honestly how I feel about it. I realize you are against it; some are for it; I am the last group I mentioned in my post.

I had a pretty well thought out post earlier regarding the death penalty, but felt that was more of a hijacking post than had I just left it at what I did. Due to rhetorical scenarios I had I felt it would have possibly opened a can of worms or whatever.

That simple stated post sums up how I feel about it and what I personally feel about it is just that. So I left it as just that.

Jagger69

Hon. Kevin Fine is certainly a colorful judge. :clap::tongue:

He is indeed. His story is almost too bizarre to be true. What kind of determination and fortitude it must take to go from being an alcoholic and coke addict to a district court judge....:surprise:

I'm pretty sure his robes keep those tats under wraps when he is sitting on the bench though. :1orglaugh

I'm just glad this is being pursued as a state matter. It could have ended up in Judge Samuel Kent's jurisdiction had that not been the case:

http://www.law.com/jsp/tx/PubArticleTX.jsp?id=1202430610099&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

Facetious

Moderated
He is indeed. His story is almost too bizarre to be true. What kind of determination and fortitude it must take to go from being an alcoholic and coke addict to a district court judge....:surprise:

]I'm pretty sure his robes keep those tats under wraps when he is sitting on the bench though. :1orglaugh
Is this guy a complete fake? He is a district court judge? I can't believe it! What is he trying to read, a teleprompter? Was this guy elected or appointed? What a charade! Have we been compromised?

Where did they find this guy anyway?

:eeew:

:D

Jagger69

What are you talking about? Someone reading from a teleprompter would most certainly not be speaking in halting snippets like Jude Fine did in the video. Obviously, he was referring to notes as he spoke. Also, he was elected by the voters of Harris County. All district court judges in Texas are elected, not appointed.

What exactly is it about the video that leads you to question his legitimacy or authenticity? I saw nothing that would lead you to make the comments you did. Simply because you may disagree with his views is not a justification, Facetious.

Did you listen to what he was saying? It is documented that innocent people have been put to death by the state of Texas. He's ordering a review of the procedures under the current Texas law in an attempt to see if these procedures might be a violation of the Texas state constitution. If indeed they were found to be unconstitutional, the current law would be nullified.

Your approach to this issue seems to be focusing on Judge Fine himself instead of the actual facts of the case. Answer me this question, my friend....are you OK with the possibility that innocent people are being put to death by the state for crimes they did not commit? Do you feel that, even if there is significant evidence that this has indeed taken place, the need for any such review remains unwarranted nonetheless??? :confused:

hammerer

Closed Account
Well somebody's going to bring up the bible, so here goes. If we look in the biblical proceedures for convicting someone to death, it required two witnesses. Not the testimony that someone was or was not there or whether DNA matched etc., but actually saw the crime (or maybe progress toward the crime?) According to this, the 911 bombers or timothy mcveigh definitely would have been convicted, but alot of murders would go unsolved and we would have a lot of dead animals around to sate god's judgement. As a former christian, I do think it still has some validity( the eyewitness part, not the animal sacrifice), if you don't care enough to hide the massive wrong you're doing in murder, you have no respect for society as a whole or for having even an appearance of treating others well. I personally don't think other murderers should receive the death penalty, because they still have shame. They might deserve life-imprisonment, but not the death penalty. I think Texas does need to change its laws on this,to be more restrictive in what's allowed.