• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Pink Floyd got it right:
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears

Luxman

#TRE45ON
No, it means now that he's dead, you can take his gun. But I see what you did there, I guess the spin doctors over at CNN have taught you well.
I know what it meant, I was just giving a different pov. I'm not anti-gun, I'm pro gun safety and regulations. I don't know what the right regulations should be.
There should at least be mandatory gun safety training to get a license before you can buy or use guns, similar to a drivers license.

Arguments for gun regulation:

1. Public safety: Gun regulation proponents argue that stricter laws could reduce incidents of gun violence, mass shootings, and accidental fatalities.
2. Crime reduction: Some studies suggest that gun regulation can lead to decreased crime rates, including firearm-specific offenses.
3. Suicide prevention: Limiting access to firearms may potentially reduce the prevalence of gun-related suicides.
4. Domestic violence prevention: Stricter regulation may decrease the chances of firearms being used in domestic violence situations.
5. International comparisons: Countries with tighter gun control laws generally have lower rates of gun violence compared to countries with lax regulation.

Arguments against gun regulation:

1. Second Amendment rights: Opponents argue that gun regulation infringes on their constitutional right to bear arms, as outlined in the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.
2. Self-defense: Many people believe that owning a firearm provides them with personal protection and would be concerned that regulation could limit their ability to defend themselves.
3. Ineffective gun control: Critics argue that criminals will still find ways to obtain firearms, regardless of strict gun regulation, rendering the laws ineffective.
4. Misuse of resources: Some people believe that resources should be directed towards addressing the root causes of gun violence, such as mental health or socioeconomic issues, rather than focusing on gun regulation.
5. Ownership responsibility: Many gun owners argue that the majority of them are responsible and law-abiding citizens, and regulation would unfairly penalize them due to the actions of a small minority.

Ultimately, the question of whether guns should be regulated is a matter of personal opinion and depends on one's beliefs and values, as well as the specific context of the country or region under consideration.

~ CGPT AI

2. Self-defense: Many people believe that owning a firearm provides them with personal protection and would be concerned that regulation could limit their ability to defend themselves.

Serious question on this: How many incidents per year in the US are there were someone (non-police/security) successfully defended themselves using a registered gun?
Because stories like that would be absolutely huge for gun proponents, yet I feel we rarely hear about that.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Serious question on this: How many incidents per year in the US are there were someone (non-police/security) successfully defended themselves using a registered gun?
Because stories like that would be absolutely huge for gun proponents, yet I feel we rarely hear about that.
The unified crime statistics is the only way or place to find that answer. You will NEVER get the whole truth from the media, it doesn't fit the narrative they need to push for gun control.

Mr. Daystar

Well, it looks like they got the 3rd guy, but still will not discuss motives. I still want to wait for that, but here's an update.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-mass-shooting-police-search-140439125.html

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
The unified crime statistics is the only way or place to find that answer. You will NEVER get the whole truth from the media, it doesn't fit the narrative they need to push for gun control.

You would also have to add times when firing the weapon wasn't necessary but the person was neutralized merely by someone brandishing the firearm.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
rvvtoW.jpg

Mr. Daystar

I guess that makes it okay?
Well the total arrested ended up being 6, but as YOU and I discussed briefly, gang shootings shouldn't qualify. Even though they have released very little motive information, it appeared to be heading in that direction by the NUMBER of shooters. I was making that point.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

Finally! An immigrant commits mass murder. How about the Honduran victims? Fleeing a third-world country just to get murdered in the USA.

There were already laws on the books separating him from the gun. He is illegal. Kinda hard to have fun and games playing the Six Degrees Of White Supremacy on this one.