• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

Odd how they don't comment that it was a robbery, especially since all civilian deaths were bank employees. Also, don't banks have armed guards in the US?

Also last line of the article:
There have been 146 mass shootings in the U.S. so far this year, according to data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive.
And we're just into April. So at this rate we're easily on track for 500+

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Why is an act of mass murder dismissed as gun violence? Seems to remove a certain amount of accountability from the human being while putting more weight and responsibility on an inanimate object.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Why is an act of mass murder dismissed as gun violence? Seems to remove a certain amount of accountability from the human being while putting more weight and responsibility on an inanimate object.
Because it's easier that explain who, what, or why, and it's a way to inflame the masses, for certain entities to achieve their goal of disarming a lawful populace. Just so you know, the common response when you bring up why you don't blame a car, for a drunk driving death, is their ever favorite, "cars weren't designed to kill people".

Because it's easier that explain who, what, or why, and it's a way to inflame the masses, for certain entities to achieve their goal of disarming a lawful populace. Just so you know, the common response when you bring up why you don't blame a car, for a drunk driving death, is their ever favorite, "cars weren't designed to kill people".

Putting enough consistent blame on guns every single day while changing around words and terminology confuses people making them believe the gun has the evil intent instead of the human being firing it. I predict one day a gun will be perp-walked in front of concerned but cheering citizens.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Putting enough consistent blame on guns every single day while changing around words and terminology confuses people making them believe the gun has the evil intent instead of the human being firing it. I predict one day a gun will be perp-walked in front of concerned but cheering citizens.
Does anyone with half a brain believe a gun has evil intent? Kinda like banning books. The book doesn’t hurt anyone, yet it seems to scare plenty of citizens.

I would suggest because a gun is used and it is violent. Who is dismissing it? The only people I see dismissing it are those who try to blame it on side doors or suggest there is no viable solution. (Not referring to anyone posting here.)

Odd how they don't comment that it was a robbery,
Because it wasn’t a robbery? It appears to have been a workplace dispute.

especially since all civilian deaths were bank employees. Also, don't banks have armed guards in the US?
Not really. Some branches may, but I haven’t seen a security guard in a branch for years.

gmase

https://www.thedailybeast.com/louisville-shooting-disturbing-details-of-suspects-livestream-emerge

The murderer legally purchased an AR-15 on April 4. He could have used a little training though. His initial attempt failed because the safety was on and the weapon was unloaded.

\\ Reverting back to Nashville

A Tennessee lawmaker talking to student protesters after the Nashville shooting:
“If there is a firearm out there that you’re comfortable being shot with, please show me which one it is.”

He has a point. Apparently, ‘none’ is not an answer.

https://news.yahoo.com/tenn-state-rep-asks-protesters-001918352.html

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I don't think anyone wants to die from "lead poisoning", but lets face it, can you name a car you want to be run over with, or a beach you want your half shark eaten body to wash up on? Dead is dead, the only good way to go, is of old age, or natural causes.

Does anyone with half a brain believe a gun has evil intent? Kinda like banning books. The book doesn’t hurt anyone, yet it seems to scare plenty of citizens.

I would suggest because a gun is used and it is violent. Who is dismissing it? The only people I see dismissing it are those who try to blame it on side doors or suggest there is no viable solution. (Not referring to anyone posting here.)

A gun cannot form evil intent anymore than it can decide to be violent. Words and terminology matter and they are not accidental. Even "gang violence" is dismissed as gun violence in the news. Maybe not someone with half a brain but plenty of people with pea brains that froth at the mouth over the object and ignore the person behind the action. Politicians also have an easier time holding objects responsible as opposed to pointing fingers at potential voters and their families who are also potential voters.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
All uncontrolled weapons do is make it easier for loons to act. No more , no less. Clubs beat rocks, knives beat clubs, swords beat knives, arrows beat swords ad infinitum. What is needed is what from what I see is what the vast majorities of Trumpistas and other "conservatives" often oppose. A comprehensive health care system that treats as many problems as it can. Medical and mental issues. Hungry sick children. If you are opposed to abortion how can you be anti assistance to women who are desperate for help with the babies. Or families that already have four of five children and just can't afford more. Arrgghh The Stupidity of it all just makes me ill.

Mental health definitely needs to be a focus. Intervene before the person gets the idea to use a gun. Too many family and friends look the other way assuming everything will be alright. You need to talk and communicate to those that are close to you. People and even killers are different and you can't paint them all with all the same brush putting them all under the same umbrella of gun violence. This is an issue you roll your sleeves up and deal with and not a problem you can solve by throwing money at.

Another thing... we need to stay together and quit separating ourselves into our political camps. As long as politicians are able to divide us, they keep us at each others' throats, and are allowed to do nothing then encouraged even more to do nothing if they get re-elected. The guy I voted for laughs behind my back as well as the guy you voted for laughs behind your back too. If you want anything done, we as citizens need to speak to each other. Both sides have good ideas as well as bad ones. We need to group and combine the good ones then, as a unified force, march up to our public servants and demand they take action or lose their jobs. Aren't you tired of being someone else's livestock that can be convinced to live inside of your own slaughterhouse?

Luxman

#TRE45ON
VJnf4e.jpg

gmase

A gun cannot form evil intent anymore than it can decide to be violent. Words and terminology matter and they are not accidental. Even "gang violence" is dismissed as gun violence in the news. Maybe not someone with half a brain but plenty of people with pea brains that froth at the mouth over the object and ignore the person behind the action. Politicians also have an easier time holding objects responsible as opposed to pointing fingers at potential voters and their families who are also potential voters.
Politicians doing this aren’t better.
IMG_1585.jpeg

gmase

Another thing... we need to stay together and quit separating ourselves into our political camps. As long as politicians are able to divide us, they keep us at each others' throats, and are allowed to do nothing then encouraged even more to do nothing if they get re-elected. The guy I voted for laughs behind my back as well as the guy you voted for laughs behind your back too. If you want anything done, we as citizens need to speak to each other. Both sides have good ideas as well as bad ones. We need to group and combine the good ones then, as a unified force, march up to our public servants and demand they take action or lose their jobs. Aren't you tired of being someone else's livestock that can be convinced to live inside of your own slaughterhouse?
Quite the assumptions there. Why do presume people who disagree with you are not thinking for themselves?

gmase

Why would anyone choose a result that breeds crime on their own unless they were tricked and sold a bag of goods?
You are saying that someone who believes mental health reform combined with gun control laws is ‘livestock’? As you requested earlier from another poster, please provide the statistical evidence to support your assertion.

You are saying that someone who believes mental health reform combined with gun control laws is ‘livestock’? As you requested earlier from another poster, please provide the statistical evidence to support your assertion.

I said we need to combine the good ideas from both sides instead of allowing ourselves to be separated into the herds we are told we belong in.

Right. You also said this:

Yeah. Tricked and manipulated into it. They didn't go demand more crime. The stronger and more unified we are the less the politicians are able to separate us. Politicians love useful idiots that they can puppeteer and fear-monger. Technology and the pandemic have separated us even more making us even easier to divide and conquer.