• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
One side demonizes the inanimate object while the other side has a fetish about it. Both seem a bit off to me personally.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
One side demonizes the inanimate object while the other side has a fetish about it. Both seem a bit off to me personally.
How many fucking times have I typed BOTH SIDES SUCK!?!? Now, do you finally get it? There will never be any further gun control, because both sides need that conflict. How in the fuck do you think democrats get elected? What platform do they use? Jesus H Christ man, I know you're smart enough to see it, it's right in front of you for God's sake. You know, some of you are just exasperating.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
America’s unique, enduring gun problem, explained - Mar 27, 2023
The factors that lead to tragedies like Covenant School are deeply ingrained in US politics, culture, and law.
https://www.vox.com/23142734/covenant-school-nashville-mass-shootings

There are several ways to reduce gun deaths, including stricter gun control laws, improved background checks, and better mental health support.
Stricter gun control laws may include mandatory waiting periods, limits on the number of guns a person can own, and restrictions on high-capacity magazines.
Improved background checks can help prevent the sale of firearms to those with a criminal history or a history of domestic violence.
Additionally, increasing mental health support and resources can help address some of the underlying issues that lead to gun violence.
Education on safe gun storage and handling, as well as campaigns to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health treatment, can also contribute to a reduction in gun deaths.

Mr. Daystar

limits on the number of guns a person can own, and restrictions on high-capacity magazines.
NOT EXCEPTABLE. Clear violation of the Constitution, PERIOD!
mandatory waiting periods
Any undefined period of time, needs a through definition before implementation
Improved background checks can help prevent the sale of firearms to those with a criminal history or a history of domestic violence.
Back to a point I made LONG ago. many if not most criminals do not walk into a store and buy a gun. Therefore, the whiney bleeding hearts who scream for bail, and prison reform, should shut there fucking sewer holes, and demand, as most common sense people do, that ANYONE committing a crime with a firearm, or any weapon for that matter, should not be released on bail, and anyone committing a crime with a gun, should sit in a prison yard, making gravel out of boulders for a minimum of 25 years. I don't give a fuck if they're 13 or 30, you fucked up, welcome to maximum security. NOT ONE SINGLE law abiding citizen should suffer an infringement on their Constitutional rights, until ALL gun violence is curbed.

gmase

How many fucking times have I typed BOTH SIDES SUCK!?!? Now, do you finally get it? There will never be any further gun control, because both sides need that conflict. How in the fuck do you think democrats get elected? What platform do they use? Jesus H Christ man, I know you're smart enough to see it, it's right in front of you for God's sake. You know, some of you are just exasperating.
I know the feeling. Yes, you say both sides suck, but on guns you are definitely one sided (as an advocate I would expect nothing less). I’ve gotten the both sides argument for decades - let’s go with three and a half.

Democrats get elected the same way Republicans do: They appeal to a constituency and then make you afraid of the other guy. When people stop being afraid, they can think for themselves. I have voted for more Republicans in my life than Democrats. (Fun fact: Biden was the first Democrat Presidential candidate I ever voted for - after going Libertarian for the prior 3 cycles.)

Mr. Daystar

I know the feeling. Yes, you say both sides suck, but on guns you are definitely one sided (as an advocate I would expect nothing less). I’ve gotten the both sides argument for decades - let’s go with three and a half.

Democrats get elected the same way Republicans do: They appeal to a constituency and then make you afraid of the other guy. When people stop being afraid, they can think for themselves. I have voted for more Republicans in my life than Democrats. (Fun fact: Biden was the first Democrat Presidential candidate I ever voted for - after going Libertarian for the prior 3 cycles.)
Fair enough. Now would you explain it to Lux. I think he's in the trump thread masturbating furiously to the indictment articles.

gmase

Back to a point I made LONG ago. many if not most criminals do not walk into a store and buy a gun. Therefore, the whiney bleeding hearts who scream for bail, and prison reform, should shut there fucking sewer holes, and demand, as most common sense people do, that ANYONE committing a crime with a firearm, or any weapon for that matter, should not be released on bail, and anyone committing a crime with a gun, should sit in a prison yard, making gravel out of boulders for a minimum of 25 years. I don't give a fuck if they're 13 or 30, you fucked up, welcome to maximum security. NOT ONE SINGLE law abiding citizen should suffer an infringement on their Constitutional rights, until ALL gun violence is curbed.
Your argument about the sources of guns used in crimes is true for most gun crimes (homicide, robbery, etc.). The dynamic does not hold true for mass shootings. About three-quarters of mass shooters used legally-obtained firearms. They are citizens, rarely out on bail, and not well-acquainted with the prison system.

There is a distinct difference in the murderers.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Another thing that drives people crazy is the divisive nature of politicians and the media. They tell us who the victims and victimizers are as they pit us against each other either for support or click-bait headlines. Both parties are guilty of this and there's nothing to be proud of of being someone else's livestock.

Mr. Daystar

Another thing that drives people crazy is the divisive nature of politicians and the media. They tell us who the victims and victimizers are as they pit us against each other either for support or click-bait headlines. Both parties are guilty of this and there's nothing to be proud of of being someone else's livestock.
The typical average john q public. The guy that has to work 60 hours a week, or a second job, just to make ends meet. He's tired. He's sick and tired, and our leaders are whipping away at him, demanding more, and he's just about fucking had it.
A LOT of what happens, is the result of our leaders lying, cheating, and stealing from the good ones, while the bad ones get the gravy. And I'm telling you, it needs to stop, because there are more of us, then them, and a vast majority are feed up to here with it.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm beginning to wonder if some of these video games, and movies are putting ideas into peoples heads.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm beginning to wonder if some of these video games, and movies are putting ideas into peoples heads.

That might be on a case by case basis. I know this one 18 year old Filipino kid who is very introverted and still tethered to his mommy. He was bullied pretty bad by Hispanic kids before his mom changed schools. He has a lot of rage bottled up inside of him but no outlet or ability to process it out other than playing hour after hour of GTA. He comes to my house then sits in the living room doing nothing but playing GTA. I like the kid and think that he's smart but worry about him. I have expressed my concerns to both my wife and the kid's mom. You'd have to see how cut off he is to people but so in touch with gadgets. I try to talk to him and steer his interests in a more constructive manner. I've mentioned that he could fix people's computers and they would treat him like a hero. He has every reason to buy a gun when he's old enough to defend himself but personally I hope he does not as I don't trust his judgement with that much power in his hands for the first time in his young life.

Mr. Daystar

He needs to kick his bullies ass. I think half of these kinds are feed up with being the whipping boy, and being told they can't "do unto others" so to speak, and finally that whole "I'll show them" thing turns into a body count. I had a lot of rage when I was a kid. I never gave anybody any real shit, and I never took any. I beat a couple of people up, but it was their own fault, I didn't start it. Now a days, if you stick up for yourself, you're treated worse then the trouble maker. Kids today have to hold it in, and live with the feelings of self loathing and feeling like a coward. They feel shame, because they let themselves be humiliated by someone that needs to learn a harsh lesson. It's time to slap a few hands, instead of holding them. I'm not advocating rumbles in the school yard, but more of a, give no shit, take no shit mentality. Don't punish a kid for defending him self, and his honor, and don't ask the bully what the ink spot looks like, tell him it serves him right.

The kid doesn’t have a ball hair of defiance on the surface. At 18 he still has never been in a fight in his life and he seems too cowardly to defend himself.

You and me were different. We fought back and had a way of getting even. I had a father who wouldn’t allow me to back down from other boys. This poor kid’s father literally didn’t cross the street to attend his high school graduation. I was there and the only adult male to give him any kind of support or atta-boy.

Mr. Daystar

That's a fucking shame. Your a good man Dino. Now that's what you should have to get a permit for, and pass a test for........having kids.

That might be on a case by case basis. I know this one 18 year old Filipino kid who is very introverted and still tethered to his mommy. He was bullied pretty bad by Hispanic kids before his mom changed schools. He has a lot of rage bottled up inside of him but no outlet or ability to process it out other than playing hour after hour of GTA. He comes to my house then sits in the living room doing nothing but playing GTA. I like the kid and think that he's smart but worry about him. I have expressed my concerns to both my wife and the kid's mom. You'd have to see how cut off he is to people but so in touch with gadgets. I try to talk to him and steer his interests in a more constructive manner. I've mentioned that he could fix people's computers and they would treat him like a hero. He has every reason to buy a gun when he's old enough to defend himself but personally I hope he does not as I don't trust his judgement with that much power in his hands for the first time in his young life.
It's so cool you're taking an interest in him.
A good question to ask is whether the GTA is legitimately cooling his rage, or it's just barely keeping him from going off the deep end.
How is in school? Many "techies" tend to be academically inclined - maybe there's an outlet there?

Last edited:

It's so cool you're taking an interest in him.
A good question to ask is whether the GTA is legitimately cooling his rage, or it's just keeping barely him from going off the deep end.
How is in school? Many "techies" tend to be academically inclined - maybe there's an outlet there?

Thanks. The kid's mother is totally clueless. Her answer to everything is, "but he likes to do that." He could be jacking off in the middle of Applebee's at 6PM and she'd probably still say that. Some of these kids you gotta keep an eye on and see how they're doing. Talk to them. Make them look you in the eye. A lot of these mass shooters have families that seem to be taken by surprise possibly because they don't talk to their kids or are in some form of denial. I see the kid maybe only 4 times a year but I try to spend some time with him when he comes over. I remind him and drill in his head what he has and what he has going for him. He's smart and he's tall. He did seem to have a girl he was interested in that seemed to like him back too. I think the word "normal" is as underrated as the word "special" is overrated. Being normal especially as a kid is a good thing. Just live life and grow up to be a proper man.

He's lucky to have someone that's not his parent care like that. Sounds like his mother is enabling him, but if he's doing well in school, no longer being teased, and keeping his rage in check, I guess that's fine. If he goes on to university/college, there's a good chance he'll meet more people he can connect with. Not to mention take classes about the tech he seems interested about.

He's lucky to have someone that's not his parent care like that. Sounds like his mother is enabling him, but if he's doing well in school, no longer being teased, and keeping his rage in check, I guess that's fine. If he goes on to university/college, there's a good chance he'll meet more people he can connect with. Not to mention take classes about the tech he seems interested about.

Having a POS for a father sure didn't help. Some people end up being just fine raised by a single parent but you can really see the void in this kid's head without any kind of father to help guide him through life.

The kid has never had a job, never driven a car, and is too scared to ride the bus by himself. He started college which is good but was happy when he found he could take his classes through zoom. He needs to be around people and a college campus could have helped that. Water seeks its own level and you can find the puddle you belong in if you look. If he gets through college and gets a tech job that improves his self-esteem and overall outlook on life that would be some sort of success.

If you can make a difference in someone's life you not only help him but maybe save the lives of a lot of other innocent people. In my experience working a lot of active security jobs; if you can deal with what's in a person's head you have less to worry about what could appear in his hand.

@Lee Van Queef You're a good judge of character. If you see any urgent red flags, I'm sure you'll intervene. And it sounds like you're more aware of this kid's needs than his parents, + the fact that he's an adult means that if he wants your guidance, I don't see any reason why you can't give it to him. A little concerned that he can't drive or take public transportation, as those are kinda prerequisites to being an independent adult. Or maybe he has a bike, which could even be better with the exercise. Either way, that's something which can be addressed, and once he does, I would think it'd be one of those confidence boosters he could benefit from.

Since I only see the kid 4 times a year I make an effort but he has to decide for himself how he wants to live and how much value he has for his own life. Him and his mother should go together to get professional help. She needs to be straightened out as much as he needs constructive encouragement.

The mother is a lonely woman who cannot attract a decent man. The father is a prime example. She was over at my house with a guy she started to date and was mauling the guy on the couch with the kid about 4 feet away seeming not to notice even though he is definitely aware. The sight of the bottom of her shoes cannot be erased from my memory either. In saying all of that, I think she also has some self-awareness and wants her son to be with her forever so she's never alone. Seems she has her way so far as dependent as he still remains toward her.