• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The MAGA hat and automatic weapons were innocent bystanders and had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings.
Audrey Hale, 28, carefully planned the attack on The Covenant School - Metropolitan Nashville Police Department

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Does the murderer being transgender make the event more funny? She was exercising her 2nd Amendment right. Some people just happened to get in the way.

It goes to show you that murderers are not a monolithic group. They come in all types. She was a law-abiding citizen - until she wasn’t.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
The MAGA hat and automatic weapons were innocent bystanders and had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings.
Audrey Hale, 28, carefully planned the attack on The Covenant School - Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
It did not use automatic weapons,, and show us a picture that says "MAGA" on it.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
It was a semi-automatic?
Red baseball caps have become a universal symbol for MAGA.

Mr. Daystar

It was a semi-automatic?
Red baseball caps have become a universal symbol for MAGA.
Yes, it was a semi automatic. Machine guns are at least 5 or 6 thousand dollars, on the cheap end, if bought legally. I don't know what they are illegally, I never tried to buy one.

NO, NO IT HASN'T. If you wanna rail on trump, knock yourself out, but don't be a bigger numbskull then you need to, What's next, all pick up truck owners listen to country music, and are ignorant hicks? Get a grip, trump did not cause this, religion and persecution did. And don't blame guns, or the laws either. Millions of people own guns just like it used, and NEVER commit a single crime in their life. I am one of those gun owners.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
You gotta give Lux some credit. A few times a day he's able to loosen the buckles on his straitjacket making him able to post and shovel hot scorn up Donald Trump's back side.

gmase

I am glad to see you find the humor. Staying on the bright side is important.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
Wait, so when they instituted the locking of doors once school started, no one thought of the glass doors as a point of vulnerability?
I said that to my wife this morning. Now it appears every school in America will have to replace all their windows with bullet resistant glass. Or steel.

Last edited:

gmase

Steel. No more sitting in class being able to daydream while looking out the window. Schools will be like literal prisons. At least the kids will be safe.

Or homeschooling like this TN rep:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-r...nashville-shooting-we-homeschool-our-daughter

At least the guy is honest:
“Three precious little kids lost their lives, and I believe three adults, I believe, and the shooter of course, lost their life too. So, it’s a horrible, horrible situation. And, we’re not gonna fix it.

. And, we’re not gonna fix it.
People should just say, "We've tried nothing and were all out of ideas."

I can sympathize though. It's such a complicated and impossible situation that out of all every First World nation in the world every single one of them except one has pretty much managed to figure this problem out.

They also seem to manage to not have a problem while also not needing to turn their schools into hardened bunkers...hmmm....I wonder why that is...I wonder why that is. :unsure: It's like almost like there is a difference between all of them and the US. Like the people in the US have access to something they don't and don't have access to other things they do....but I can't quite put my finger on it and tell what it is. This must obviously be just too hard a problem to ever solve..

gmase

People should just say, "We've tried nothing and were all out of ideas."

I can sympathize though. It's such a complicated and impossible situation that out of all every First World nation in the world every single one of them except one has pretty much managed to figure this problem out.

They also seem to manage to not have a problem while also not needing to turn their schools into hardened bunkers...hmmm....I wonder why that is...I wonder why that is. :unsure: It's like almost like there is a difference between all of them and the US. Like the people in the US have access to something they don't and don't have access to other things they do....but I can't quite put my finger on it and tell what it is. This must obviously be just too hard a problem to ever solve..
You must be referring to the pervasive ‘side door’ problem in school design.

A former FBI agent opines:
https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-guests-oblivious-observation-023919211.html
“That seems to be a common pattern in many of these shootings, a side door. If we can lock the side doors and make sure that the schools are secure, hopefully we can avoid these tragedies going forward,”

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Less than 25% of mass shootings happen in schools.
More importantly, how are the semi-automatic guns that witnessed the shootings?
Once the investigation is over can the guns be adopted and given a safe home?

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

Less than 25% of mass shootings happen in schools.
More importantly, how are the semi-automatic guns that witnessed the shootings?
Once the investigation is over can the guns be adopted and given a safe home?
Maybe everyone is lucky and should be thankful that she didn't go in there with a 12 ga. pump shotgun, loaded with 00buckshot. For those of you who are uninformed, that's one standard, non semi automatic shotgun, you have to manually chamber rounds into, and 00 buckshot, in 2 3/4', contains 12 .32 caliber lead balls, and the 3" contains 15. With an open choke, that would be about a 5 foot spread of lead pellets from 12 or co feet away. So, maybe 15 dead, instead? Less then 3% of crimes are committed with assault rifles, and what's the percentage for drive by's and gang shootings. What about armed robbery? We don't have a gun problem, we have a revolving door justice system, that lets murderers out on bail, and gives them early parole, that gives us a criminal problem. Why don't you bitch about that Lux. If you live in an American city, with a democrate gov. chances are you have a skyrocketing crime rate, and if it's a big city, like chicago is, and had a dem mayor, maybe you would see how much other crime is committed. If you aren't a citizen, and a tax payer, quit trying to disarm us, it just makes "gun nuts" like me, more certain we really do need, what we want.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-path-break-gun-control-160402436.html
In my opinion, a very good article.

Last edited:

gmase

They would have been luckier if she walked in with cookies (peanut free obviously).

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
We have private schools out here who have security teams that are 100% ex-law enforcement. A friend of mine is retired LAPD CRASH Unit and he has a pretty sweet security job. It's a private girl's high school that is steps away from the freeway. These guys are not only trained law enforcement but stationed at the school so they know the ins and outs.

University High School (public school) by me constantly has LAUSD Police circling around.

Nothing eliminates the possibility of school shootings but certain measures harden those schools making them more difficult to target.

We know there is no magic wand to make guns go away. The guy you voted for as well as the guy I voted for does not have the stomach to start seizing guns. Hardening targets is good but a lot more focus on mental health is required. No one wants mentally deranged people to possess firearms but you also shouldn't make restrictions that would keep people from seeking treatment. That's a tricky delicate balance but it is real.

gmase

Nothing eliminates the possibility of school shootings but certain measures harden those schools making them more difficult to target.
One of the Denver schools had two shootings recently. In 2020 as the George Floyd protests were raging, Denver Public Schools expelled police from their campuses. The recent incidents changed their minds - they now want officers back in school.

I give you left and right (respectively)
https://coloradosun.com/2023/03/24/denver-school-resource-officers/
https://denvergazette.com/news/educ...f7b08288-cf01-11ed-98cc-7311ba5db9e7.amp.html

We know there is no magic wand to make guns go away. The guy you voted for as well as the guy I voted for does not have the stomach to start seizing guns. Hardening targets is good but a lot more focus on mental health is required. No one wants mentally deranged people to possess firearms but you also shouldn't make restrictions that would keep people from seeking treatment. That's a tricky delicate balance but it is real.
The mental health aspect often gets lost in the argument. Many of these murderers had known mental health issues, yet they were able to obtain and possess weapons of war. Red flag laws should be taken more seriously.

Mr. Daystar

One of the Denver schools had two shootings recently. In 2020 as the George Floyd protests were raging, Denver Public Schools expelled police from their campuses. The recent incidents changed their minds - they now want officers back in school.

I give you left and right (respectively)
https://coloradosun.com/2023/03/24/denver-school-resource-officers/
https://denvergazette.com/news/educ...f7b08288-cf01-11ed-98cc-7311ba5db9e7.amp.html

The mental health aspect often gets lost in the argument. Many of these murderers had known mental health issues, yet they were able to obtain and possess weapons of war. Red flag laws should be taken more seriously.
They were NOT able to posses weapons of war. They did NOT have fully automatic, suppressed weapons. They did not have hand grenades, and they certainly did not have air cover, or artillery support. They had common everyday firearms, that just have a scary name, because some spin doctor left wing nut, decided it would further their agenda, to demonize an inanimate object, while whoring his agenda, while standing on the bodies of dead children. Dead children he could give a fuck less about, so he used them.