• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

SCOTUS Upholds Obamacare!!! Suck It Conservatives!!!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Kennedy said the whole thing's unconstitutional. Kennedy. What's that tell you?

It tells me that the values and ideology in the US is not permanent like some people want to claim. It evolved with the needs of the country and with changes in the people who interpret the constitution. This is what the government believes the country needs and the Supreme Court (a CONSERVATIVE Supreme Court, mind you) has declared it constitutional. Say you will not comply all you want, but you really have no choice in the matter and I personally don't think you have the skill or cojones to defy American law...

It tells me that the values and ideology in the US is not permanent like some people want to claim. It evolved with the needs of the country and with changes in the people who interpret the constitution. This is what the government believes the country needs and the Supreme Court (a CONSERVATIVE Supreme Court, mind you) has declared it constitutional. Say you will not comply all you want, but you really have no choice in the matter and I personally don't think you have the skill or cojones to defy American law...

You simply have to stop being reasonable. You're going to get a reputation for being fair and balanced.

PlasmaTwa2

You simply have to stop being reasonable. You're going to get a reputation for being fair and balanced.

Sheesh Dirk, you didn't let me finish. I was going to say "alternatively, you could round up all non-whites in America and put them in camps making good and services for free, lowering product costs, increasing the amount of American made goods and creating enough of a surplus to give all real, God-fearing Americans healthcare at no cost to them."

How will taking away freedom of choice take away from freedom? This is a rhetorical, right?

Just in case it isn't:

And on, and on, and on...

How is this not a blatant violation of liberty?

*And for the record, I don't believe I've ever called you stupid, and I don't think you are. I've generally leave the name calling to you and your board mates.

You are young and can afford insurance but decide that you don't need it. One day you come down with a severe sickness and have to be rushed to the emergency room and the government ends up footing the bill. Here's an idea: stop being a freeloader and take some personal responsibility and pay your own goddamn way. I'm surprised it's the liberals who are making the "personal responsibility" argument and not the conservatives. What's going on here? lol

Sheesh Dirk, you didn't let me finish. I was going to say "alternatively, you could round up all non-whites in America and put them in camps making good and services for free, lowering product costs, increasing the amount of American made goods and creating enough of a surplus to give all real, God-fearing Americans healthcare at no cost to them."

Now THAT is more on par with this conversation. Well done.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Whenever I think about G.W. Bush, I think about Shemp (not Curly, Shemp). And when I think about the GOP in its entirety:

I usually think about Hitler for him too.......and his side kick, Hienrich (Cheney)

ban-one

Works for panties
So drivers' insurance takes away your freedom as well? Where is the outrage over that?

The main purpose of automobile insurance is to make sure that if you wreck another person's vehicle, they'll get it fixed or replaced, which is why that's the minimum coverage required by the states who have that power. It is also on the condition that you own a vehicle and take it on the public roads. Don't own a vehicle? Don't take it onto public roads? Don't need insurance. (Wow, what a concept.)

It also doesn't cover oil, tire, and filter changes or tune-ups or A/C repair, or the other things that are analogous to check-ups or if your get a cold. That's where health insurance got screwed up. Instead of paying for the catastrophic stuff that would bankrupt most people, it covers all the little things, so you don't see how expensive things get. Meaning you might just pick up some over-the-counter cold medicine for $10 instead of the $100 doctor visit and the $50 prescription that does the same thing, or atleast shop around for a better deal. So there's no incentive for the price to come down, unlike car maintenance and repair where you do pay for it all and shop around for a good price or decide you can do without A/C. (Wow, what another concept.)

The mandate to have health care insurance is on the condition that you exist, and that you had no choice in.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
The main purpose of automobile insurance is to make sure that if you wreck another person's vehicle, they'll get it fixed or replaced, which is why that's the minimum coverage required by the states who have that power. It is also on the condition that you own a vehicle and take it on the public roads. Don't own a vehicle? Don't take it onto public roads? Don't need insurance. (Wow, what a concept.)

It also doesn't cover oil, tire, and filter changes or tune-ups or A/C repair, or the other things that are analogous to check-ups or if your get a cold. That's where health insurance got screwed up. Instead of paying for the catastrophic stuff that would bankrupt most people, it covers all the little things, so you don't see how expensive things get. Meaning you might just pick up some over-the-counter cold medicine for $10 instead of the $100 doctor visit and the $50 prescription that does the same thing, or atleast shop around for a better deal. So there's no incentive for the price to come down, unlike car maintenance and repair where you do pay for it all and shop around for a good price or decide you can do without A/C. (Wow, what another concept.)

The mandate to have health care insurance is on the condition that you exist, and that you had no choice in.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

So, if I have health insurance, it covers dental and eye? Cool.

So drivers' insurance takes away your freedom as well? Where is the outrage over that?

Its a completely different type of mandate. Minimum requirements for auto insurance are based on liability. You must retain coverage in the event that you damage someone else's person, or their property. Completely different than what's at issue here.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Its a completely different type of mandate. Minimum requirements for auto insurance are based on liability. You must retain coverage in the event that you damage someone else's person, or their property. Completely different than what's at issue here.

So gun insurance should be mandatory?

ban-one

Works for panties

Aside from telling me that even someone on the left like Kennedy can see it for what it is and that the government has no authority there, it tells me that a few people picked by a few other people decided what was right for the rest of us, instead of it being a personal decision based on what we really need. They could have just as easily decided it was a good idea for everyone to bash their heads in. Or how about everyone, no matter their age, must not only own a gun, it must be an M16 with a grenade launcher, and must keep it loaded, off safe, and on you at all times? Because after all, it's for your protection. And if you didn't, to jail. (I bet those on the left would love that) Or a anti-tank missile? Or an aircraft carrier? Or that we should all eat peanuts, even if you're allergic.

I laugh at your assertion that the court is conservative. It is progressive. If it were truly conservative, it would have been struck down.

Despite what people on the left like to claim about 'evolving interpretations of a living document to fit the times,' it is not a 'living' document that can die, it is 'eternal.' To be read as it was written, no interpretations needed, and if we wanted to change something, we could amend it. Only that has the nasty little problem of requiring 3/4 of the states to ratify it.

And on a side note about the owning a gun, they put in the Constitution that we all have a right to bear arms for protection and other things. They could have just as easily required us all to have guns for the same reason. They did not. I don't know about you, but I kinda think that if anyone knew what they meant, it was those who wrote it in the first place. It's a good idea for you to have a gun to protect yourself, but they didn't make you.

I WILL NOT COMPLY, and I'll take my chances in the internment camp with my fellow patriotic Americans. If they can keep us in that is :D

Mayhem

Banned
I think ban-one is confusing Justice Kennedy with the Kennedy family. Considering the accusations that he, PR and Justaman are making about me, I find this very amusing.

PlasmaTwa2

Aside from telling me that even someone on the left like Kennedy can see it for what it is and that the government has no authority there, it tells me that a few people picked by a few other people decided what was right for the rest of us, instead of it being a personal decision based on what we really need. They could have just as easily decided it was a good idea for everyone to bash their heads in. Or how about everyone, no matter their age, must not only own a gun, it must be an M16 with a grenade launcher, and must keep it loaded, off safe, and on you at all times? Because after all, it's for your protection. And if you didn't, to jail. (I bet those on the left would love that) Or a anti-tank missile? Or an aircraft carrier? Or that we should all eat peanuts, even if you're allergic.

I laugh at your assertion that the court is conservative. It is progressive. If it were truly conservative, it would have been struck down.

Despite what people on the left like to claim about 'evolving interpretations of a living document to fit the times,' it is not a 'living' document that can die, it is 'eternal.' To be read as it was written, no interpretations needed, and if we wanted to change something, we could amend it. Only that has the nasty little problem of requiring 3/4 of the states to ratify it.

And on a side note about the owning a gun, they put in the Constitution that we all have a right to bear arms for protection and other things. They could have just as easily required us all to have guns for the same reason. They did not. I don't know about you, but I kinda think that if anyone knew what they meant, it was those who wrote it in the first place. It's a good idea for you to have a gun to protect yourself, but they didn't make you.

I WILL NOT COMPLY, and I'll take my chances in the internment camp with my fellow patriotic Americans. If they can keep us in that is :D

Aside from telling me that even someone on the right like Roberts can see it for what it is and that the government is not overstepping it's authority there, it tells me that the United States has a system that is lauded by people on the right when they "do what they are supposed to" and held up as an archtype liberal institution that is destroying America when they do not. The fact that you compare a constitutionally-valid initiative such as Obamacare with genocide shows your bias in this case. Please do everyone a favour and read the majority opinion on this case before you try and compare it to a joke like that.

The court is conservative; maybe by a small margin, but it is conservative. Being conservative and progessive are not mutally exclusive, thankfully, and in this case it is good to see that the justices are not completely cemented in their ideological viewpoints that they allowed it to obscure the correct ruling. Face it: a conservative judge decided that Obamacare was constitutional. It could have been struck down, but Roberts made his decision. You Might not like it, but you have very little grounds to say you know better than a Chief Justice, just like you have very little grounds to say you know how the Constitution was meant to be interpreted. That is not up to you to decide; that's the perogative of the Supreme Court, and this time they decided Obamacare was constitutional based upon hundred-year old interpretations made by previous courts. Even if you reject that the Constitution is an evolving document, the decision came about as the result of previous decisions, making your arguments against the Supreme Court even more pointless.

Please, keep saying you will not comply if it makes you feel better and that those who support health care are anti-Americans. I think America's political situation would be a lot better without idiots like you who, instead of treating fellow Americans are equals, paint them as inferior and anti-American if they belive something different than you. I'm sorry to pop your bubble here, but you WILL comply because, despite your patriotic ignorance, you won't be refusing to pay taxes anytime soon and you know it. You do not have the balls to do that, and as I am sure you have been told by Fox News, anyone who doesn't pay taxes is a Communist. Better pay up. comrade.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Credibility at zero, not likely to rise anytime soon.

The fact that he assumed Justice Kennedy is liberal because of his last name speaks volumes to how well he feels he needs to inform himself.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
A loss of personal liberty for any American will never be a victory, regardless of whom is taking it away. Its scary that so many people on this board refuse to see it that way.

I'm glad that those in favor of this law are in the national minority.

You tell them. We want this overturned and we are not stoping until it is.

So gun insurance should be mandatory?

I think that's a brilliant idea, to be honest.

:nono: