• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me... what percentage of Spaniards were Hindu in in the 1780s? You'll notice there are several unsubstantiated theories as to where the name came from. You'll notice yours isn't even a theory,

Nothing worse than a person who is so adamant in their stupidity…. seem to get that alot around here…

Notwithstanding the fact that your are erroneously referring to wikipedia like it is suddenly the gospel of all knowledge, I'll throw you a bone this once just to show that I'm not totally prejudiced against the remedial.

I normally wouldn't even bother trying to correct someone on your level, so next time try doing some research a little more thorough than just googling a wikipedia article, before you open your mouth LOL!

"...Spaniards called her Califia, whose territory was rich in gold, silver, and gems. Spanish explorers later gave her name to the newly discovered paradise on the Pacific shore of North America, which is how the state of California came to be named after Kali…"

http://www.saisathyasai.com/india_hinduism_gods_goddesses/kali.shtml

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
If this land was to be named after Kali, why not name it Kalifirnia.

Nothing worse than a person who is so adamant in their stupidity…. seem to get that alot around here…

Notwithstanding the fact that your are erroneously referring to wikipedia like it is suddenly the gospel of all knowledge, I'll throw you a bone this once just to show that I'm not totally prejudiced against the remedial.

I normally wouldn't even bother trying to correct someone on your level, so next time try doing some research a little more thorough than just googling a wikipedia article, before you open your mouth LOL!

"...Spaniards called her Califia, whose territory was rich in gold, silver, and gems. Spanish explorers later gave her name to the newly discovered paradise on the Pacific shore of North America, which is how the state of California came to be named after Kali…"

http://www.saisathyasai.com/india_hinduism_gods_goddesses/kali.shtml

:facepalm:

No, wiki info isn't gospel, but then nothing you post is either but it doesn't seem to stop you trying to pass it off as fact. The difference being that the wiki information is generally properly sourced and is reliable information not put forward solely by people who think tinfoil is fashionable.

And see, there's the problem: Your link is bullshit. It's not even just a little bullshit it's total bullshit. And it's obvious bullshit. The page you cite stole, wholesale, from the book "Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar" by Elizabeth U. Harding (go plagiarism!). The problem of course is that Harding was talking out her ass and making baseless claims. And they're obviously wrong too. If you spend five minutes fact checking you'll see that.

Harding is trying to draw a link between Kali, a Hindu goddess, and Califia (also spelled Calafia), which is a fictional amazonian queen from a novel by Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo (and mentioned in the wiki by the way). Calafia is in no way related to Kali, is not a god, is not related to Hinduism, and has nothing to do with anything. Hell, Califia is freaking Muslism, not Hindu. Those are totally not the same you know. So yeah what you posted? It's bullshit.

See, this is what you do... you barf back baseless information you've found elsewhere. You don't actually fact check anything because you don't care to. You just accept whatever confirms your delusions and dismiss out of hand anything that doesn't. You've gone past confirmation bias well into the territory of willful ignorance.

You are the Glenn Bleck of this board.

I mean, sure, both Kali and Califia have black skin, but that's about it. Not sure how you'd mistake the two. Guess you think all black people look alike, huh eric?

So now your qualified to judge the merits of different sources ? lol Harding is talking out of her ass huh,…And even though you have absolutely no fucking idea what the origins of the the name Califorina comes from, all theories are wrong, and everybody is wrong except for you, huh... yeah right, GTOH…despite your pseudo-intellectual bullshit tirade, you have listed exactly TWO sources, both wikipedia, and one source which you clearly misquoted. Everything else you have said is complete and utter bullshit and regurgitation of wikipedia crap that I had memorized before I even made this thread.

You are out of your league junior, you have absolutely NOTHING to refute what I have said, so quite wasting my time !

You are in no way an expert on anything, that I have seen. As a matter of fact you seem to me to be a blithering idiot, borderline retarded. Probably another one of these doofus high school/college kid just fucking off your spare time before you have to get a real job lololol So if you think you know so much then feel free to start your own thread regarding the subject, boy, and see how that works out for you. LOL.

:facepalm:

No, wiki info isn't gospel, but then nothing you post is either but it doesn't seem to stop you trying to pass it off as fact. The difference being that the wiki information is generally properly sourced and is reliable information not put forward solely by people who think tinfoil is fashionable.

And see, there's the problem: Your link is bullshit. It's not even just a little bullshit it's total bullshit. And it's obvious bullshit. The page you cite stole, wholesale, from the book "Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar" by Elizabeth U. Harding (go plagiarism!). The problem of course is that Harding was talking out her ass and making baseless claims. And they're obviously wrong too. If you spend five minutes fact checking you'll see that.

Harding is trying to draw a link between Kali, a Hindu goddess, and Califia (also spelled Calafia), which is a fictional amazonian queen from a novel by Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo (and mentioned in the wiki by the way). Calafia is in no way related to Kali, is not a god, is not related to Hinduism, and has nothing to do with anything. Hell, Califia is freaking Muslism, not Hindu. Those are totally not the same you know. So yeah what you posted? It's bullshit.

See, this is what you do... you barf back baseless information you've found elsewhere. You don't actually fact check anything because you don't care to. You just accept whatever confirms your delusions and dismiss out of hand anything that doesn't. You've gone past confirmation bias well into the territory of willful ignorance.

You are the Glenn Bleck of this board.

I mean, sure, both Kali and Califia have black skin, but that's about it. Not sure how you'd mistake the two. Guess you think all black people look alike, huh eric?

Bottom line is that you came into this thread stupidly alledging that a well-recognized fact that is part of established documented literature didn't even exist ! And then, like an even bigger idiot, you tried to disprove this well-established theory citing a free wikipedia article…loll GFOH idiot :1orglaugh !

So now your qualified to judge the merits of different sources ?

You mean what you do all the time using nothing but your own bias to justify it?

In this case, YES, in fact I am qualified to judge. Hell, anyone (who isn't as delusional as you are) who spends a few minutes doing the research is.

It's pretty damned easy to figure out who Califia is. She's a fictional character from a novel, not a mythological one. She Muslim, not Hindu. This isn't opinion, this is fact. This is the character that Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo wrote in the 1500s. This is not something you can interpret or skew (though you will try to anyway, since you have to in order to not look like an idiot who simply posts drivel without researching it first)... this is concrete fact. You can still buy the damned novel she first appeared in.

califorina comes from, but all theories are wrong, and everybody is wrong except for you, huh... yeah right, GTOH…despite your pseudo-intellectual bullshit tirade, you have listed exactly TWO sources, and one source which you clearly misquoted.

I didn't misquote anything. In fact... I didn't quote anything. And if you could actually read what I wrote (but of course you can't because of your confirmation bias) you'd notice that I haven't actually even put forth a theory as to the naming of California because I don't know. See, here's the thing... you don't either. No one does. You pretended to though, and the theory you put forward is demonstrably wrong. Despite this you decided to spout your nonsense as though fact when it isn't even based in reality, and tries to equate a fictional Muslim Amazon, developed for a novel (again, a work of fiction) with a mythological deity worshiped by the Hindus. Sorry, but no... those two just don't equate.

But hey, keep on hurling the invectives since you can't actually refute a damned thing or make a genuinely logical and well thought out post. No, all you did was deny my statement, you didn't actually address it (as you're so prone to doing with your detractors, of which there are many since you are so often and so obviously wrong). But of course you can't because you can't easily dismiss fact, something you don't exactly deal well with. No you'd prefer to consume more of the delusions you're fed that are manufactured whole cloth by people who fancy tinfoil apparel just as much as you do.

See, now be a good boy and do what you do. Just hurl some more pointless invectives, continue to ignore fact, spout yet more fanciful tripe and see how well that works for you... because hey, if you call someone "stupid" enough times it might make you look smarter, right? It might make your baseless trash seem more plausible, no? Who knows, it might even make you seem less, how shall I put it...? Oh I know...

:tinhat:

I haven't actually even put forth a theory as to the naming of California because I don't know

Yeah I think this about sums up your contributions…A know nothing hater who came into this thread stupidly alledging that a well-recognized fact that is part of established documented literature didn't even exist ! And then, like an even bigger idiot, you tried to disprove this well-established theory citing a free wikipedia article…Why don't you, for once in your miserable life, try to at least be man enough to admit where you are fucking obviously totally wrong :facepalm: !

Since you don't know, then why are you running your mouth so much…just hanging on coat tails trying to speak on other peoples theories, yet you have nothing to contribute of your own… nothing more than an intellectual leech. loll

Yeah I think this about sums up your contributions…A know nothing hater who came into this thread stupidly alledging that a well-recognized fact...

:1orglaugh

Uh, no. Someone once put it in a book one time and a couple of people who couldn't bother to fact check (hey, you have something in common with them!) decided to repeat it in a couple of websites, so it's a well publicized fact?

You read the National Enquirer for it's "facts", don't you? ZOMG, are you bat-boy!?

...that is part of established documented literature didn't even exist !

First off, do you even know who Harding is? She's a writer for a computer magazine (Software Magazine, specifically). She has no background in Eastern theology. It's a hobby of hers, nothing else. "Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar" is the sole book she's written. So stop trying to paint this as though she's some lauded expert in the field. She's a nobody who made an obvious mistake quite simply due to two similar names (with the two involved characters having nothing else in common, not even technically skin color since Califia is a black woman, while Kali is literally black) and had it repeated elsewhere by the ignorant. Second, if you read the book you'll note that she's putting forward the claim that Kali is actually, overall, a positive force, and a nurturing Mother Goddess. So if you're trying to put her up there as some kind of "expert" well... she'd laugh in your face when you told her that Kali is an evil demonic bitch-servant of Satan and everyone in the "Illuminati" is tossing out signs of her to show their allegiance to "Evil".

But of course you didn't know any of this because you didn't fact check. You never do.

Honestly, I don't even think you believe a damned thing you post. You just toss out random gibberish and scream profanity and insults and anyone who questions it. And the random gibberish is so often and so obviously wrong that it would seem that getting people to question it, so that you can hurl your trash, is actually the real goal.

You're a troll. And it's obvious.

Hell, you harp on the metal horns, but you have a thread about heavy metal. You claim to be ever so Christian, but when Sam was frequenting the board you harped on that particular religion infecting the Republican party and the damage it would do.

You're not good at this. You're too obvious and contradictory. To be frank, if you aren't a troll then you need to seek professional help (as wdoall has suggested elsewhere) and get yourself medicated because you are deeply and severely damaged. I'm not even kidding here, if you aren't just tossing shit out there for giggles you need to seek a psychiatrist. Though something tells me that if you believe all the shit that you spout that you won't, probably because you think psychiatrists are all part of some secret organization and want to get you on their "mind control drugs" so they can turn you into The Manchurian Candidate...

Yeah, I think this about sums up your contributions… Beat it :troll2: !!!

So then, you won't acknowledge that what you stated as a fact (that Califorina was named for "Kali") is entirely made up. You won't acknowledge that the source you used is uncredited and unreliable (not that you knew that). You won't acknowledge that Califia is in fact a fictional Muslim amazon warrior from a popular novel, which I have even linked to, and not a Hindu Dark Goddess (and that is the character Harding was referring to, and is in fact the character that factors into California mythology rightly or not). No acknowledgement that your "pagan masonic symbol" is in fact the well known and documented A-ok symbol (which even schoolchildren know, and is entirely benign).

Nor will you refute any of this, because you can't.

So you're going to ignore all of the obvious, substantive evidence and continue to support conjecture and drivel? Yeah. Predictable and obvious.

By the way eric, don't misquote others. The post your quote links to doesn't say that anywhere (making it difficult for the lazy to check, you know people like you who can't be bothered to do any real leg work for fact checking). The post you drew the content of the quote from doesn't even have a laughing face, and you also took a piece of a sentence and placed it out of context, which is misleading (not surprising from you). When you remove a portion of another person's message you should always denote that with stuff like "..." in order to make sure potential readers realize you're butchering a sentence so that you can mislead the reader and so you don't actually have to post the stuff that makes you look bad. The proper quote is this...

And if you could actually read what I wrote (but of course you can't because of your confirmation bias) you'd notice that I haven't actually even put forth a theory as to the naming of California because I don't know.

... and of course this sort of factors in too...

See, here's the thing... you don't either. No one does. You pretended to though, and the theory you put forward is demonstrably wrong. Despite this you decided to spout your nonsense as though fact when it isn't even based in reality, and tries to equate a fictional Muslim Amazon, developed for a novel (again, a work of fiction) with a mythological deity worshiped by the Hindus. Sorry, but no... those two just don't equate.

But then you don't really care about accuracy, do you? God forbid you get anything right... :dunno:

Last edited:
And if you could actually read what I wrote (but of course you can't because of your confirmation bias) you'd notice that I haven't actually even put forth a theory as to the naming of California because I don't know.

Ehhhh nobody gives a fuck what you think about any particular published author. You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings. Based solely on your google internet wikipedia rants. You haven't written a book, and you never will.

The term California comes from Kali just like I said, all your desperate pathetic ramblings are inconclusive, at best, and unpersuasive….You're through boy, get lost. LOL

Ehhhh nobody gives a fuck what you think about any particular published author. You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings. Based solely on your google internet wikipedia rants. You haven't written a book, and you never will.

And you base that on what? Other than assumptions?

The fact is, I am in EVERY position to challenge Harding. Actually, everyone is. That's kind of how this stuff works. Keep in mind that in another thread that you're disputing claims by the Mayo Clinic, the CDC and innumerable other well regarded sources and experts. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You can't say that you have the right to challenge experts (and then just dismiss them instead of addressing them) and suggest that others do not (especially when I have addressed Harding's claims and shown exactly why they're bullshit).

To be frank, it's obvious that you didn't even know she exists, that what you quoted came from her book, or even that she has no background in the subject matter and that it's just a hobby for her which, in fact, it even says on the back of her own book. Didn't know that, did you? I did. Odd that I know so much more about your "evidence" than you do... wait, not it's not. It's actually expected because you don't fact check. Nor do you know what you're talking about. You probably don't care either, because you seem to just be trolling.

The term California comes from Kali just like I said, all your desperate pathetic ramblings are inconclusive, at best, and unpersuasive….You're through boy, get lost. LOL

You mean when I provided you the source for your own inane ramblings? Cited that they in fact disagree with your conclusions that Kali is some evil demon? Corrected that source by showing the easily referenced actual Califia including a link to a place where you can purchase the source material...? That was inconclusive and unpersuasive but your link to a plagiarized passage out of context from the work... that's totally fucking awesome, right!?

Sorry dude, but you can't refute the fact that Califia =/= Kali. One is human, one is a goddess. One is Muslim, the other is Hindu. One comes from a novel written in the 16th century, while the other comes from age old scripture and Hindu belief. One is a black woman, the other is black (as in, midnight black not the brown you find from those of African descent). One is a virgin queen, while the other is a consort of Shiva and factors into Tantric beliefs and practices. One is conquered and converted to Christianity while the other is one of the prime beings in the universe and beyond death. They're both arguable feminist icons... I'll give you that. The same person? The suggestion is laughable.

Actually, you're laughable. Or you would be if this were at all funny. So you're not really laughable, just kinda sad and misguided.

I have to wonder, do you get off on putting yourself into positions where others can easily make you look like a joke? Because you seem to be doing a bang up job of that in a couple of topics.

Care to continue to deny the obvious without directly addressing or refuting anything? Of course you will... you can't do anything else.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

I agree with everything you've written in that post except this. What the bloody fuck are you supposed to do with cake if not eat it? I mean, I know what me and Dirl do with cake after a pudding rasslin' Thursday, but that's neither here nor there.

:rant:

LOLOL...Like I said...nobody gives a fuck what you think about ANYTHING, much less any particular published author. You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings. Based solely on your google internet wikipedia rants. You haven't written a book, and you never will.

You think you know so much, then go start your own thread with your bullshit theories regarding the issue, but you can't do it because you are too fucking stupid and lazy…you get no respect from me with your uninformed bullshit, as far as I'm concerned you are an idiot, a complete and total buffoon…just another punk boy trying to get some attention because his father didn't hug him enough…seek proffesional help little mentally disturbed troll boy, I'm not interseted in your brand of stupid ! lololol

And you base that on what? Other than assumptions?

The fact is, I am in EVERY position to challenge Harding. Actually, everyone is. That's kind of how this stuff works. Keep in mind that in another thread that you're disputing claims by the Mayo Clinic, the CDC and innumerable other well regarded sources and experts. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You can't say that you have the right to challenge experts (and then just dismiss them instead of addressing them) and suggest that others do not (especially when I have addressed Harding's claims and shown exactly why they're bullshit).

To be frank, it's obvious that you didn't even know she exists, that what you quoted came from her book, or even that she has no background in the subject matter and that it's just a hobby for her which, in fact, it even says on the back of her own book. Didn't know that, did you? I did. Odd that I know so much more about your "evidence" than you do... wait, not it's not. It's actually expected because you don't fact check. Nor do you know what you're talking about. You probably don't care either, because you seem to just be trolling.

You mean when I provided you the source for your own inane ramblings? Cited that they in fact disagree with your conclusions that Kali is some evil demon? Corrected that source by showing the easily referenced actual Califia including a link to a place where you can purchase the source material...? That was inconclusive and unpersuasive but your link to a plagiarized passage out of context from the work... that's totally fucking awesome, right!?

Sorry dude, but you can't refute the fact that Califia =/= Kali. One is human, one is a goddess. One is Muslim, the other is Hindu. One comes from a novel written in the 16th century, while the other comes from age old scripture and Hindu belief. One is a black woman, the other is black (as in, midnight black not the brown you find from those of African descent). One is a virgin queen, while the other is a consort of Shiva and factors into Tantric beliefs and practices. One is conquered and converted to Christianity while the other is one of the prime beings in the universe and beyond death. They're both arguable feminist icons... I'll give you that. The same person? The suggestion is laughable.

Actually, you're laughable. Or you would be if this were at all funny. So you're not really laughable, just kinda sad and misguided.

I have to wonder, do you get off on putting yourself into positions where others can easily make you look like a joke? Because you seem to be doing a bang up job of that in a couple of topics.

Care to continue to deny the obvious without directly addressing or refuting anything? Of course you will... you can't do anything else.

I agree with everything you've written in that post except this. What the bloody fuck are you supposed to do with cake if not eat it? I mean, I know what me and Dirl do with cake after a pudding rasslin' Thursday, but that's neither here nor there.

Said the Duke of Norfolk to Cromwell, "a man can not have his cake and eate his cake." I would say ask him what he meant, but you can't, because he's dead. Very very dead. It's supposed to mean "you can't have it both ways because you've once you've eaten the cake you can't still have it." But that's retarded because the whole point of having the cake was to eat it. So you wouldn't want to have it again once you've eaten it. Unless it was another cake, which you could then also eat. But my theory is.... the Duke of Norfolk was a dribbling spastic.

Ahhhhh...... there's my sole contribution to the Politics section for another month. I'm going to run off and hide now, lest I trip over and fall into a depressing argument with a complete moron. I hear the ground is treacherous in these parts.

Said the Duke of Norfolk to Cromwell, "a man can not have his cake and eate his cake." I would say ask him what he meant, but you can't, because he's dead. Very very dead. It's supposed to mean "you can't have it both ways because you've once you've eaten the cake you can't still have it." But that's retarded because the whole point of having the cake was to eat it. So you wouldn't want to have it again once you've eaten it. Unless it was another cake, which you could then also eat. But my theory is.... the Duke of Norfolk was a dribbling spastic.

:1orglaugh

True, as adages go it's not a very good one. You are supposed to eat it, but the proverb warns that if you do it's gone. So if you eat it, than there's no cake later, and wanting to both eat it and save it is kind of incompatible, and you can't have both.

So, when you look at it like that it kinda makes more sense than it does on the surface. It's still not a very good proverb, but a better one when framed that way... :dunno:

LOLOL...Like I said...nobody gives a fuck what you think about any particular published author. You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings.

Of course I am because I can point out where she's wrong. In fact I have pointed out where she's wrong. I've given the source material. This is actually something you've failed to do. You actually posted a site that plagiarized her work and didn't even source her... so you obviously have no respect for the woman and her work, and posted a link to it anyway all while obviously not knowing who she was, what her credentials were, or even that she existed. No you just posted a link to a bullshit site that stole her material (and had the audacity to cap off the page with a copyright notice, claiming it as their own).

Fact is, Harding herself questions her own credibility admitting that this is just a hobby for her on the jacket of her own book. That's part of the description of the work on the back cover. She admits she's an amateur, and nothing more. She not some great respected voice in the field by her own admission and if she were it would undermine your entire stance since she portrays your "Evil Demon" as a misunderstood and protective figure and mother goddess, a figure for women to be proud of.

So you're damned either way. Either she's nobody and wrong (and yeah, this is the case), in which case the bullshit argument you keep putting forward is trashed because there is no connection between Califia and Kali. Alternately, she's an expert and knowledgeable of the material and thus your argument that Kali is some Evil force at work in the world and a tool of Satan is shot to Hell.

Either way you're fucked. She's either not a credible source and you're throwing out bullshit, or she's a credible source... and you're throwing out bullshit. It's kind of a catch 22 for you. So which part of your argument did you fish out of your ass? Just curious...

You haven't written a book, and you never will.

You know my real name and any potential pen names I may or may not write under?

Besides, you seem to be challenging me, and the Mayo Clinic, and the CDC, and any other number of sources. Let's see your book. Let's see your degrees. Since you're the one so hot on challenging the fitness of people to contest information you need to pony up. I'm just giving facts, easily found ones (hell, the novel with Califia was popular enough to be referenced in other works, like El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha). You're the one so hot on credentials. Can you ante up and met your own criteria? Why do I think you can't...

Except it doesn't. There is one theory (of several) that it sources back to Queen Califia, but that is not Kali, and you have yet to establish this. I've provided evidence to the contrary. I've showed the differences between the characters and you've... done nothing (including fact check your posts obviously).

Now go ahead, show us all the similarities between Califia and Kali. Show us how the virgin Muslim amazonian Queen is actually the sexually provocative Hindu goddess. Good luck with that...

By the way, here's the background on her she provides from the back of her own book...

Kali%20Harding.jpg

... note where it says "personal interest" and not "field of study". Note where it says that she wasn't even really interested in Kali until just before she decided to write the book. Note how, while acknowledging that she's not an expert, she fully admits that she should couldn't find books with adequate information on the subject matter. Note how the book was "verified" by people whose field of study obviously does not include Las Californias, or 16th century Spanish literature.

Yeah, might want to note all that. Just sayin'...

Nobody gives a fuck what you think about any particular published author. You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings. Based solely on your google internet wikipedia rants. You haven't written a book, and you never will.

You are a know nothing hater who came into this thread stupidly alledging that a well-recognized fact that is part of established documented literature didn't even exist ! And then, like an even bigger idiot, you tried to disprove this well-established theory citing a free wikipedia article…Why don't you, for once in your miserable life, try to at least be man enough to admit where you are fucking obviously totally wrong !

You think you know so much, then go start your own thread with your bullshit theories regarding the issue, but you can't do it because you are too fucking stupid and lazy…you get no respect from me with your uninformed bullshit, as far as I'm concerned you are an idiot, a complete and total buffoon…just another punk boy trying to get some attention because his father didn't hug him enough…seek proffesional help little mentally disturbed troll boy, I'm not interseted in your brand of stupid ! lololol…just sayin' LOL !

By the way, here's the background on her she provides from the back of her own book...

Kali%20Harding.jpg

... note where it says "personal interest" and not "field of study". Note where it says that she wasn't even really interested in Kali until just before she decided to write the book. Note how, while acknowledging that she's not an expert, she fully admits that she should couldn't find books with adequate information on the subject matter. Note how the book was "verified" by people whose field of study obviously does not include Las Californias, or 16th century Spanish literature.

Yeah, might want to note all that. Just sayin'...

Nobody gives a fuck what you think about any particular published author.

:1orglaugh I'm repeating what she's said about about herself. That's your own source's take on her credibility. Not that you knew she was your source, nor that she had no credentials, nor that she knew nothing about the subject matter prior to the book, nor that she couldn't find adequate reference material, yet despite this and her lack of a background wrote a book anyway.

So... you seem to be challenging your own source. That's a GREAT way to get ahead! Not unlike quoting someone whose stance disagrees with your own in many ways to try and justify something inane that you said. And you decided to quote her on something where she is so easy to prove wrong too. I mean, Las Sergas de Esplandián isn't exactly an unknown book. We know it's source. We know the author. We know that he created the character for a sequel to someone else's earlier works, it's a continuation of Amadis de Gaula, which he is also known for modernizing (well, modernizing for the time...).

You're in no position to challenge Hardings findings.

Except I am. She is in no way beyond reproach. This is just her hobby. I like mythology too, which makes me at least as qualified as her.

If I'm wrong then prove it. Show me how her relating of Califia to Kali is valid. Show me the many ways these two mirror each other and interrelate. Demonstrate your vast knowledge O' Swami of All Things Satanic.

On the other hand, YOU are in no way in any position to challenge, say, the CDC or the Mayo Clinic or, you know, anyone you seem to like to challenge and dismiss. You see, while I have at least the same credentials as Harding (as proven by the jacket of her own book, which I have been so kind to provide), you don't seem to have the same credentials as the people whose studies you dismiss, do you? Let's see your degrees. Let's see your published research papers. Let's see your books. You... do have them, right? Because otherwise you probably shouldn't be asking it of others, especially when the person they're challenging isn't accredited.

I mean, it's pretty obvious I know significantly more about the subject, and even your own sources, than you do. Hell, at this point I'm kind of wondering how you think you're fit to challenge me. I mean, I've shown quite ably that I'm familiar with Harding, that I'm familiar with Kali, that I'm familiar with Califia. You've shown... oh yeah, nothing. You've linked to a site that plagiarized Harding's work, and that's it. You've also posted baseless conjecture that seems to rely upon it. So... yeah. Good work...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.