• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rush Limbaugh calls Georgetown student a 'slut'

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
And the Fat Man orders crow for dinner today.

Limbaugh apologizes to law student for insult

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir," conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh said on his website. "I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

He said on Wednesday, "What does it say about the college coed ... who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex." He dug in a day later, refusing to give ground.

"If we're going to have to pay for this, then we want something in return, Ms. Fluke," Limbaugh said. "And that would be the videos of all this sex posted online so we can see what we're getting for our money."(comment: this is why Rush is such a lady's man, I'm guessing)

By Saturday, six advertisers had pulled sponsorship of Limbaugh's show and some Republicans had distanced themselves from the comments.

By Saturday evening, Limbaugh decided to yield.

"For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week," Limbaugh said in his statement. "In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

I am not in favor of contraceptives being mandated by the government to be part health plans, as if they were medical necessities, either. But because of hyperbolic, extremist windbags, like Rush Limbaugh, the (IMO) rational reasons I have for my position make me uncomfortable stating my beliefs. It's very much like my opposition to U.S. taxpayer support of Israel. I simply do not believe it is our duty to support Zionism. But the last thing I want is to have a neo-Nazi smacking me on the back and saying, "yeah, I'm with ya, brother!"

There are just some people to whom, though you may share an opinion with them, you really just want to say, "for the love of all that's good and holy, PLEASE, shut the fuck up!" :facepalm:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I'm sure she takes it in her smelly ass too....

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/jane-burgess said:
Jane Burgess[/URL][/B], post: 6517429, member: 201847"]Oh please
Get your head out of your rightwing fog and maybe you could see the truth once and a while. :facepalm:

From my perspective, Rush Limbaugh is like Howard Stern. They were amusing and entertaining at one point. That time has long since come and gone.
I don't really understand people who still find either one of them relevant.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Rush Limbaugh calls Georgetown student a 'slut'

Well hey, at least he didn't call her a nappy headded ho! :1orglaugh

.... or did somebody else already say that? :dunno: :1orglaugh

Although Rush Limbaugh may be a right wing conservative and I don't agree with his ideologies. He does have the right to voice his opinion even if someone doesn't like it. But, apparently the First Amendment doesn't apply here because now his job is threatened and he was forced with a "gun to his head" to apologize. But, this isn't the case here. First of all, the last I checked the US Constitution does not protect someone's feelings. And I am still talking about his right to voice his opinion and apparently he cannot. What is wrong with these people. They did the same thing to Imus, and let me repeat whether it's right or wrong. The fact is if the right to free speech is being violated by forcing an apology and threatening someone's livelihood over WORDS. Carlin was right its the pussification of America. And if we don't fight back on issues like this, the the rights will be lost.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
The First Amendment goes both ways. Rush has the right to say whatever he wants but others have just as much right to respond to it. Fuck Rush. Hopefully this time he'll lose enough sponsors and revenue to put his clown show out of business.

None of those conditions are caused by sexual activity. Cancer, endometriosis, and PCOS are correlated most closely to genetic predispositions, obesity, and smoking and oral contraception has been indicated particularly effective in treating PCOS and endometriosis. I don't understand why you would make such an ill-informed declaration. PCOS and endometriosis have a hormonal pathology. Why don't you just declare hyperpituitarism and diabetes as a result of sexual intercourse while you're at it.

Actually it was late and meant to make a correction. I meant to say that bone loss, women undergoing hormone therapy can suffer serious side effects., irregular bleeding and damage to internal organs can occur. Add high blood pressure, blood clots, jaundice and liver tumors as well as cervical cancer.

To say that contraceptives should be given to women and are justified because they negate other health risks is ridiculous considering that they cause just as many as they may prevent.

Although Rush Limbaugh may be a right wing conservative and I don't agree with his ideologies. He does have the right to voice his opinion even if someone doesn't like it. But, apparently the First Amendment doesn't apply here because now his job is threatened and he was forced with a "gun to his head" to apologize. But, this isn't the case here. First of all, the last I checked the US Constitution does not protect someone's feelings. And I am still talking about his right to voice his opinion and apparently he cannot. What is wrong with these people. They did the same thing to Imus, and let me repeat whether it's right or wrong. The fact is if the right to free speech is being violated by forcing an apology and threatening someone's livelihood over WORDS. Carlin was right its the pussification of America. And if we don't fight back on issues like this, the the rights will be lost.

Yup. He has his rights, no question.

However, he's not on the same scope as everyone else. He has a national podium. If he's going to accept a job as a spokesperson, gain air time, and be a pundit, he will be held to a higher standard. What he said on this topic is simply stupid. Does he have the right to say it? Absolutely. If he goes on national airwaves and says it, do we have the right to call him out on it? You better fucking believe it.

This gaff was so bad, even douche Limbaugh issued an apology. That's pretty bad.

There is no 1st amendment right to get paid for talking. Rush will be able to keep talking. He just won't be getting paid. It's a win-win.

If a person thinks they are mature enough to have sex, then they should be responsible enough to buy their own birth control. As a society people need to learn to take care of their responsibilites. So many people these days expect everyone else to take care of them and they don't know what hard work is. There are already places where men and women can get low priced birth control.

So many things wrong this statement.

First, this has nothing to do with sex so I don't why you or all these right wing pundits keep bringing up the issue of sex. It is a medical fact that birth control is essential to women's health as it treats a variety of medical issues, some of which can be life threatening. When Fluke went to testify in front of Congress she made no mention about sex. She advocated that contraception be covered under Georgetown University’s private insurance plan because her friend developed ovarian cysts and found that the oral contraception she needed to stop the cysts from growing was not covered under the school’s insurance.

Second, Contraceptive costs don’t rise the more you have sex. Rush talked about how Fluke is having “so much sex she can’t afford” it. Unless you’re using condoms or other one-use-only contraceptives, that ain’t how it works. If a woman is using the Pill or an IUD, for example, she pays one price for an extended course of treatment which she stays on, whether she’s having lots of sex or none at all.

Third, This has nothing to do with taxpayers "paying for birth control" - no taxpayers are involved at all. It's about employers or insurance companies providing it since it's a vital part of women's health

winterwarz

Closed Account
The right will back the right regardless of what's going on in funky town. Rush is a fucked name for a slow fuck like this shit stick. :2 cents: