• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

Facetious

Moderated
I think that this summer recess is going to hinder the plan as these politicians are going to be hearing negative feedback from extended family members & neighbors.....

From what I gather, there are a lot of people in support of this bill, not only because the commissar in chief wants it, but because there is an envy factor where people just want to destroy something that they don't have in an effort to satisfy the idea that everybody should be equal. I don't know exactly where that sentiment comes from.
(note to self -> liar ! you know exactly where it comes from ! :p) :dunno: I don't know how people lust for that, I just don't understand ! Have they essentially just cashed in their chips of life and are waiting to die ?
How can life possibly be so grim when you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
Is hit that streets a-runnin and try to beat the masses
And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
:chorus: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah
:sing:

:1orglaugh :D

I see the wranglings of the healthcare debate as a reflection of the wider changes coming down the pipeline. The old system was bourne out of a time when employment levels and benefits reflected one kind of economic reality. The changes will reflect a new economic reality.

Some aspects of the crisis transcend a loyalty to an ideology. Simply put, the US is paying a lot more for a system that delivers an overall less effective standard of public health. The long term impact of this is that the US economy is not and will not be as effective as those of major competitors in this area. Rants about choice and entitlements are so much farting in the wind compared to this.

All politics is the art of of the possible. Change will come when the electoral outcomes of those looking for change override the big money of those hoping to keep milking the system as it stands Or not, as usually proves to be the case.

It will indeed be interesting. I was knocked sideways last week when the F-22 (if that is the right number) funding was cut. I took that as an indicator that change was afoot.

The fun thing about the new health care bill is that deadly doctors will decide the level of care you'll recieve as well as who.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, one of Obama's top health care advisors says communitarianism should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia". Does this remind anyone of Joseph Mengele?

He explicitly defends discrimination against older patients: "Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination; every person lives through different life stages rather than being a single age. Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25 years".

But it gets even better. Dr. David Blumenthal, another key Obama adviser recommends slowing medical innovation to control health spending.

Don't you just love the US government!

The fun thing about the new health care bill is that deadly doctors will decide the level of care you'll recieve as well as who.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, one of Obama's top health care advisors says communitarianism should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia". Does this remind anyone of Joseph Mengele?

He explicitly defends discrimination against older patients: "Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination; every person lives through different life stages rather than being a single age. Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25 years".

But it gets even better. Dr. David Blumenthal, another key Obama adviser recommends slowing medical innovation to control health spending.

Don't you just love the US government!

Nice job Boothbabe. You took a right wing newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch that took quotes from Doctors from early 1998, turned them around and apply them to the President’s health care proposal and let the Post “translate” what it all means. Also throw in opinion from the Post and cite it as fact. :wtf:

You have universal health care over there don’t you? Why should people from your country have health care and we shouldn't?

jasonk282

Banned
yes the new york post is just another tabloid paper. Since its initial purchase by Rupert Murdoch in 1976, the New York Post has become the exemplar of the brash British-style tabloid in the US, and its competition with the Daily News has become newspaper legend. Prominent US tabloids include nationally the Metro, locally, the Philadelphia Daily News, the Chicago Sun-Times, the Rocky Mountain News in Denver, the Boston Herald, the New York Observer, Newsday on New York's Long Island, the San Francisco Examiner and Baltimore Examiner. (Newsday co-founder Alicia Patterson was the daughter of Joseph Patterson, founder of the New York Daily News.)

These are the same papers that run stories on "bat boy".

We already have a free healthcare plan for the uninsured, it's called the emergency room. And I, along with every other tax paying American, pays for it. I would rather not see my taxes increase to pay for something that is already in place.

Why hasn't anyone answered my question why they put so much faith in the Federal Govt when they prove time after time all they are good at is fucking things up?

Why hasn't anyone answered my question why they put so much faith in the Federal Govt when they prove time after time all they are good at is fucking things up?

Voter ignorance. Because the vast majority, in my opinion, have a very short memory span. The mass populace can only remember something that just happened recently, and when someone comes along (either party) and gives false promises, saying they will fix the system and take care of them, then the people vote for that person.

We already have a free healthcare plan for the uninsured, it's called the emergency room. And I, along with every other tax paying American, pays for it. I would rather not see my taxes increase to pay for something that is already in place.

I think the idea is that by the time someone gets to the point they need emergency care...because they've couldn't get regular, periodic check ups and treatment....the costs skyrocket when a preventable condition could have been treated in a more cost effective way.

I did but you didn't like my answer lol.

And I have 2 questions for you back ,one that I asked a couple times.That one is we got your against everything that smacks of the socialized universal system I would like but what are your solutions to the health care problems we face (out of control costs,the unisured)?

Second question is I got you have little faith in the govt,do you really have faith in the corporate for profit people that got us where we are? The same types that have run GM, the banking system etc into the ground have let us get to where we spend double what any other country does on health care and not even cover everyone.How do they deserve any faith that they will fix it? We wouldn't be having this debate if they had done better job.

I did but you didn't like my answer lol.

And I have 2 questions for you back ,one that I asked a couple times.That one is we got your against everything that smacks of the socialized universal system I would like but what are your solutions to the health care problems we face (out of control costs,the unisured)?

Second question is I got you have little faith in the govt,do you really have faith in the corporate for profit people that got us where we are? The same types that have run GM, the banking system etc into the ground have let us get to where we spend double what any other country does on health care and not even cover everyone.How do they deserve any faith that they will fix it? We wouldn't be having this debate if they had done better job.

Tort Reform would be one thing I would propose. Insurance companies and Doctors have to carry stupid amount of mal-practice insurance because of sue happy plaintiffs attorneys. I mentioned this before in this thread. Tort reform is no where to be found in Obamas bill. They share the cost of this extra burden of insurance by raising cost and passing on to the patient.

Second If govt intervention is going to be involved it needs to be in regulation of what Ins companies and Doctors can charge for medicine. Aspirin does not cost $10 a pill. Cost of presription medicine is a huge problem and is also no where to be found in Obamas bill.

Just a couple thought of the top of my head.

On the GM question in a true capitalist system I would have let GM fail or go Bankrupt before 30 Billion of taxpayer money was wasted just to have them go BK. That is what capitalism is about, a weaker company not being able to make it so others can step up and be more successful in the absence of the failing company. How many other Automakers could have filled the GM void if they had gone under. People currently employed by GM could have gained work at other auto manufacturers that fill the void and step up to become more successful because GM were aloud to fail. Thats capitalism.

Govt intervention only makes things worse.

How about the military? The only thing the military does not do right is when they sub contract it out to companies like haliburten.

• Space program.
• Internet
• G.I. Bill
• Federal Highway System
• Disaster relief prior to Bush
• Coast Guard
• FDIC

It’s funny how Conservatives say the government dies not work, then they get elected then they prove it.

Baill Inneraora said:
Nice job Boothbabe.

I know :1orglaugh I was just trying to fire up the right wingers :1orglaugh

Baill Inneraora said:
You have universal health care over there don’t you? Why should people from your country have health care and we shouldn't?

In the Netherlands people over 18 are required by law to have basic health insurance wich covers a lot but not enough. If you want extra coverage you pay for it. This is the new system (altho a couple of years old now). The old system was much better. We used to have a so called sick fund. If you earned less than 1500 euro's p/month you were automatically covered by it and it covered everything with low monthly fees (about 30euro's p/month per adult iirc). If you earned more you had to get private insurance. The government decided the old system wasn't working anymore and needed overhauling. As a result the sick fund was made obselete and now everone is privately insured but the monthly fee is so high that a lot of people with a lower income can't even afford the basic coverage. I'm lucky because I get a union discount wich saves me a couple of euro's but I still pay 95 euro's p/month.

How about the military? The only thing the military does not do right is when they sub contract it out to companies like haliburten.

• Space program.
• Internet
• G.I. Bill
• Federal Highway System
• Disaster relief prior to Bush
• Coast Guard
• FDIC

It’s funny how Conservatives say the government dies not work, then they get elected then they prove it.

I served in the military and they do some of the most stupid shit and waste so much money just because "its always been done that way" the soldiers and sailors are great and some of the countries brightest minds, but holy fuck its run so fucked up its ridiculous.
Space program is using a 60's designed piece of Junk that has exploded twice killing how many astronauts wasting how many billions of dollars?
Internet....Al Gore did not create this.
GI Bill waste of taxpayer money because most soldiers never use it. Its a recruiting ploy to get kids to enlist then get stuck in a life or killed in a waste of a war so again it never gets used. Its a pot at the end of a rainbow that isn't there. Very small percentage of kids that enlist ever use it.

Federal highway system...you must not drive very much. Bridges are collpsing everywhere.
Coast guard. Nope fail there too, even I could run drugs into the country on there watch.
FDIC...created program because the Federal reserve system failed to protect peoples money during the great depressions...

big govt Govt doesnt work and here are some great examples...

12 trillion dollar nation debt. 2 trillion dollar budget deficit.
Post office
Amtrack.
NASA
EPA
Federal Reserve
IRS
Homeland Securtiy
Border Patrol
VA
Indian Reservation
Trail of Tears
Japanese Prison Camps in WWI.
Katrina
Hurricane Andrew
Welfare
Medicare
Social Security

All these are just a few of the hundreds of examples of waste of taxpayer money to keep failure upon failure of govt program around.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Nice job Boothbabe. You took a right wing newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch that took quotes from Doctors from early 1998, turned them around and apply them to the President’s health care proposal and let the Post “translate” what it all means. Also throw in opinion from the Post and cite it as fact. :wtf:

Glad you were being facetious, Boothbabe (as opposed to Facetious.....damn, I've been making that reference a lot here lately!) :D

Because we have a dept doesn't mean the program doesn't work. You said the gov fucks things up, but the reality is very different.

The Border patrol is very effective when it’s funded. So far in 2009 illegal immigration across the border is way down. If fact, it is lower now any time in decades, because they increased funding for the border patrol.

How in the world can you say NASA doesn't work? Do you know what happened 40 years ago last week? All the satellites have sent back a fortune in knowledge.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I think the idea is that by the time someone gets to the point they need emergency care...because they've couldn't get regular, periodic check ups and treatment....the costs skyrocket when a preventable condition could have been treated in a more cost effective way.

They certainly do. Whether one agrees with any of the various health care reform ideas floating around or not, to suggest that the emergency room is any sort of effective alternative is outrageous. Hell, if that made sense, insurance providers (like my plan) wouldn't discourage visits to the emergency room.

But for the uninsured, the emergency room is where they go (and many don't/can't pay). So yep, we all end up paying through the nose because of that inefficiency in the system.

Because we have a dept doesn't mean the program doesn't work. You said the gov fucks things up, but the reality is very different.

The Border patrol is very effective when it’s funded. So far in 2009 illegal immigration across the border is way down. If fact, it is lower now any time in decades, because they increased funding for the border patrol.

How in the world can you say NASA doesn't work? Do you know what happened 40 years ago last week? All the satellites have sent back a fortune in knowledge.

Border patrol by you own admission is fucked up because its not funded properly. A great example of govt being fucked up. Fund it right or dont. If its not funded correctly its BROKEN. Also you ever think illegal immigration is down because the economy is down and there are less jobs for these people????Hmmmm

NASA worked 40 years ago because we put a man on the moon in less than 7 years when the task was at hand. Now its hooribly run using 40 year old technology. Its billions over budget using junk from the 60's.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I know :1orglaugh I was just trying to fire up the right wingers :1orglaugh

Well, you had me wondering. I was just getting ready to send you a PM to ask you who that girl is in your sig? :tongue: :D