• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

11%? Let's see....if I'm making, say, $75,000 a year, that's $687.50 per month. I just did a quick online estimate for an independent policy for a family of 4 making that type of money through Cigna. The monthly premium is $682.00 and included marginal coverage at best ($30 copay for doctor visits, $10,000 annual out-of-pocket limitation for hospitalization (a hit like that alone could wipe some people out and then some), a ton of annual deductibles for damn-near everything, exclusions for pre-existing conditions, on and on).

So.....for $5 a month more, I could have comprehensive coverage? Five fucking dollars?

The only people I can see defending the existing health care system are either people who already have some sweetheart insurance program (government-subsidized or totally funded in all probability just like my aforementioned asshole Congressman Gohmert of Texas) or those who might be benefiting financially in some way from it.

If the Brits can do it, why can't we?

Jag its even way less than that, the 11% is for everything they take out of his check not just health insurance.He said the national health service (NHS) portion was 2.05 %.Thats really cheap!!!!!!

11%? Let's see....if I'm making, say, $75,000 a year, that's $687.50 per month. I just did a quick online estimate for an independent policy for a family of 4 making that type of money through Cigna. The monthly premium is $682.00 and included marginal coverage at best ($30 copay for doctor visits, $10,000 annual out-of-pocket limitation for hospitalization (a hit like that alone could wipe some people out and then some), a ton of annual deductibles for damn-near everything, exclusions for pre-existing conditions, on and on).

So.....for $5 a month more, I could have comprehensive coverage? Five fucking dollars?

The only people I can see defending the existing health care system are either people who already have some sweetheart insurance program (government-subsidized or totally funded in all probability just like my aforementioned asshole Congressman Gohmert of Texas) or those who might be benefiting financially in some way from it.

If the Brits can do it, why can't we?

Its going to cost WAYYYY more than 11% here in America, remember you are dealing with our Federal Govt.

Also why are people not talking about the number of people that work at these private insurance companies that are going to be out of a job once the Govt gets into healthcare and runs them out of business since they are however out for a profit and the govt isnt. After all profit is a four letter word.

jasonk282

Banned
Yep 11% is 11 %.

For Jason I would say I already have told ya we in the US spend double per capita what countries like england, france and canada do on health care.Google it if you don't beleive me.

Double per capita means we spend double per every man women and child in the us then they do per man women and child in those countries.Now in the US we know that some people are not paying in (don't have insurance) eithier because they don't think they need it or can't afford it.So that means the people in the US who do pay in (have insurance they pay for) are paying way more per person then the people would in for example England where everyone is in their "universal system".

How is our system and costs defensible?

I quite understand that as we pay around 15% of our GDP to our health care systems. I was simply asking what taxes other people pay and when he said 11% weekly. Not bi-monthly or yearly. So every week the goverment takes out 11% of his pay towards medical. Top that number onto what we are already paying for ( Social security, medicare, rederal witholding, local taxes, state umemployment, 401K,state tax and ocupation tax.). Like I said in an eariler post in this thread "I smell NEW TAXES".

so if a person makes $32,000 per year the goverment would take out 6188.00 out roughlty a year in taxes such as medicare, SS, Umployment, etc. Then an additional 11% which is $3520.00 for national health care. so out of the 32,000 you made, the goverment took $9,780.00 out in taxes leaving you with $22,220 as a yearly salary.

This number is based on my salary and the taxes that I pay, i just added the 11% onto what I made. So yes everyone would have more health care, but less discretionary income.

jasonk282

Banned
Yep 11% is 11 %.

For Jason I would say I already have told ya we in the US spend double per capita what countries like england, france and canada do on health care.Google it if you don't beleive me.

Double per capita means we spend double per every man women and child in the us then they do per man women and child in those countries.Now in the US we know that some people are not paying in (don't have insurance) eithier because they don't think they need it or can't afford it.So that means the people in the US who do pay in (have insurance they pay for) are paying way more per person then the people would in for example England where everyone is in their "universal system".

How is our system and costs defensible?

I quite understand that as we pay around 15% of our GDP to our health care systems. I was simply asking what taxes other people pay and when he said 11% weekly. Not bi-monthly or yearly. So every week the goverment takes out 11% of his pay towards medical. Top that number onto what we are already paying for ( Social security, medicare, rederal witholding, local taxes, state umemployment, 401K,state tax and ocupation tax.). Like I said in an eariler post in this thread "I smell NEW TAXES".

so if a person makes $32,000 per year the goverment would take out 6188.00 out roughlty a year in taxes such as medicare, SS, Umployment, etc. Then an additional 11% which is $3520.00 for national health care. so out of the 32,000 you made, the goverment took $9,780.00 out in taxes leaving you with $22,220 as a yearly salary.

This number is based on my salary and the taxes that I pay, i just added the 11% onto what I made. So yes everyone would have more health care, but less discretionary income.

Also another point of debate here, the POTUS has said the Rich are going to pay for this not the poor and uninsured. This is not going to be an everyone pays equal system. Its going to punish the Rich and successful in America.

jasonk282

Banned
Its going to cost WAYYYY more than 11% here in America, remember you are dealing with our Federal Govt.

Also why are people not talking about the number of people that work at these private insurance companies that are going to be out of a job once the Govt gets into healthcare and runs them out of business since they are however out for a profit and the govt isnt. After all profit is a four letter word.

:glugglug:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Why? Why would it have to cost wayyyy more in the USA than it does in Britain?

OK....fess up....which insurance company do you work for? Maybe you can get a government job in the health care bureaucracy?

After all profit is a four letter word.

No.....actually it's a six-letter word. (sorry man....just couldn't resist!) :1orglaugh

As I pointed out to Jagger the 11% number is for all kinds of programs.For health care he said it was 2.05 %.

It's undeniable that we in the US spend way more than those other countries on health care.

Can the govt here do better job then private insurance companies do? Sure they can, they already do .Govt run health systems already have much lower administrative costs than those private insurance companies do.Like I said we can save 350 billion a year just by eliminating the 100s of seperate insurance companies.And about those insurance compny workers who are put out of work ,some of them maybe not all could get jobs doing what they did in the new govt program.Yeah some will have to find new lines of work but so be it,we can't keep the crazy system we got now just because some will be adversly affected.

So I answered the question someone said everyone was dodging.I am still waiting for an answer to what people who oppose a switch to a single payer govt plan answer would be?

:glugglug:

Yeah we are talking about an industry that is 1/6th of US Economy and people are content with Congress passing 1000's of pages of legislation without even reading it. Giving that much control to the Govt is just plain stupid.

Its as if insane children have taken over Congress. Its absurd.

As I pointed out to Jagger the 11% number is for all kinds of programs.For health care he said it was 2.05 %.

It's undeniable that we in the US spend way more than those other countries on health care.

Can the govt here do better job then private insurance companies do? Sure they can, they already do .Govt run health systems already have much lower administrative costs than those private insurance companies do.

Medicare is Bankrupt and very poorly run and the level of care people get in the VA and on Indian Reservation is the WORST care in the country. This is a complete fallacy that the Govt runs health care better than the private sector.

Its an out right lie.

jasonk282

Banned

Can the govt here do better job then private insurance companies do? Sure they can, they already do .Govt run health systems already have much lower administrative costs than those private insurance companies do.Like I said we can save 350 billion a year just by eliminating the 100s of seperate insurance companies.And about those insurance compny workers who are put out of work ,some of them maybe not all could get jobs doing what they did in the new govt program.Yeah some will have to find new lines of work but so be it,we can't keep the crazy system we got now just because some will be adversly affected.

So I answered the question someone said everyone was dodging.I am still waiting for an answer to what people who oppose a switch to a single payer govt plan answer would be?

2.05% of 32,000 is still lower than 2.05% of 75,000. so the more you make the more you pay. instade of picking a plan that works for YOU. Maybe it's sergent in me but I rather make sure my family is taken care of and is safe than worrying about making sure the entire platoon is safe. After all my family is my first responsibility.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

What's this I'm hearing about ppg 425 of the "health care" bill that says something to the effect of (paraphrasing) all elderly Medicare or Medicaid subscribers must take a class with information about how to "be responsible" with tips on how to dehydrate yourself among other things. It basically sounds like a tutorial on how to kill yourself.....
mandatory every 5 years !

MORONS !!!
Stop the madness already ! :rolleyes:
"The • Health • Care • Bill" :wtf:

Duhhhh, I'm for it because obama is for it .... Duuhhh :rolleyes:
You pathetic drones !

:rofl:

respectfully

As far as I know [thanks to what Bruce Campbell said in his My Name Is Bruce movie] all Americans will receive medical care free, if in a life or death situation as it is Federal Law. Gun shot wound, ect.

What will happen is that, depending on how much you are bleeding or missing body parts, they might ask you what happened to you. But most likely the first thing they will ask if you have insurance.

If you say no are are unable to answer them because you aren't breathing or something like that, they will give your treatment. Then the next day or so when you wake up in the hospital bed they will hand you a bill for $3,000.

Also another point of debate here, the POTUS has said the Rich are going to pay for this not the poor and uninsured. This is not going to be an everyone pays equal system. Its going to punish the Rich and successful in America.

If you think it's so great to live in the ghetto then why don't you move there? Those people that make less than 10 grand a year (plus the couple extra that robin hood in the white house is giving them) are living the high life aren't they? I probably hear that argument once a day, yet I don't see an influx of the oppressed wealthy giving up their high paying jobs and lifestyles to climb down below the poverty line. Why is that?

Last edited:
So everyone who lives in a ghetto deserves people who are successful to pay for them just because of that. Bullshit. Plenty of people who lived in the "ghetto" have had enough wherewithal to stand themselves up get and education and get out instead of having 6 kids they cannot afford out of wedlock with 4 different women. I dont give two shits if they make 10K a year and cannot afford healthcare. Even if they cannot afford it they still get it on everyone else dime. All they do is just go to the ER and they get the care they need.

My family isnt exactly rich and yet I somehow made something out of myself by working hard and getting an education. Now I have a good job and make good money. So I am a testament that it can be done if you use you head and have a little brains.

Also Calpoon, what do you mean by "those people" You sound racist like the President?

No offensive, you your too young to miss Clinton. I was 20 when he was done with his 2nd term

<chuckle> You were 12 when he got elected....You're not too young too??

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
No offensive, you your too young to miss Clinton. I was 20 when he was done with his 2nd term

Just because I was young when he was in office doesn't mean I don't know how he did as a president. I've been on the high school debate team since I was in the 5th grade. I love my politics.

However, my 'I miss clinton' comment was a joke. I think he's a hella funny guy, buttttttt he had a little trouble keepin his professional life and personal life separate if ya know what I mean ;)

jasonk282

Banned
<chuckle> You were 12 when he got elected....You're not too young too??

Never said I was too young. Simple repleyed to her comment. I did not vote either time as I was too young. The only thing Clinton did for me was NOT give me money for college and he also sent my ass over to Kosovo. Actually I jumped the gun I was 22 when he left office class of 1996