• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

Facetious

Moderated
That's easy to answer. Lobbying. To this day I'm still amazed lobbying hasn't been outlawed in your country. How can you expect a government to be for the people if big corporations can buy politicians. I would say it's the Achilles heel of your entire political system.

I often wondered what it meant when people say "You get the Government that you deserve", well, it just goes to show how representative forms of government, when not closely monitored by the electorate tend to slip into the abyss of govt. self interest and there's your achilles heel. :o

Woodie Guthrie had a similar feeling years ago, his solution was slightly different.

Let's have Christ our President
Let us have him for our king
Cast your vote for the Carpenter
That you call the Nazarene

The only way we can ever beat
These crooked politician men
Is to run the money
changers out of the temple
Put the Carpenter in

O It's Jesus Christ our President
God above our king
With a job and a pension for young and old
We will make hallelujah ring

Every year we waste enough
To feed the ones who starve
We build our civilization up
And we shoot it down with wars

But with the Carpenter on the seat
Way up in the Capital town
The USA would be on the way
Prosperity Bound!

Lyrics: Christ for President, Woody Guthrie [end]

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I often wondered what it meant when people say "You get the Government that you deserve", well, it just goes to show how representative forms of government, when not closely monitored by the electorate tend to slip into the abyss of govt. self interest and there's your achilles heel. :o

Absolutely 100% correct.

Tocqueville in "Democracy in America" (1835) nailed it nearly two centuries ago: "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

That's what's been going on since the New Deal. Congress finally realized they could bribe voters (and businesses) with tax money!

As I pointed out to Jagger the 11% number is for all kinds of programs.For health care he said it was 2.05 %.

It's undeniable that we in the US spend way more than those other countries on health care.

Can the govt here do better job then private insurance companies do? Sure they can, they already do .Govt run health systems already have much lower administrative costs than those private insurance companies do.Like I said we can save 350 billion a year just by eliminating the 100s of seperate insurance companies.And about those insurance compny workers who are put out of work ,some of them maybe not all could get jobs doing what they did in the new govt program.Yeah some will have to find new lines of work but so be it,we can't keep the crazy system we got now just because some will be adversly affected.

So I answered the question someone said everyone was dodging.I am still waiting for an answer to what people who oppose a switch to a single payer govt plan answer would be?

That's a good point. This is a huge issue that is very complicated and not only affects every American, but it affects for number of industries. Like the car industry, 25% of all advertising revenue used to come from the auto industry. It was directly hurt by the slump in the auto industry and dealers going out of business.

By moving too quick, without a good plan, done over stages, this thing is going to get all fucked up.

I think the biggest thing that Obama and congress should be focusing on is getting Americans good paying jobs. Good paying jobs allow us to pay our rents/mortgages, buy cars and other needs and wants and most good paying jobs offer good health insurance. I think that is where the focus needs to be at the moment.

If they want to budget money for free and low cost health clinics, then that's cool, but any changes need to be done in stages.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I wanna know if Mrs Jagger banished Jagger to the living room couch, and if so, for how long? :D

LOL....nahhh....we've been married 31 years. I know the drill and so does she. Cooler heads always prevail in this house....at least usually!

All quiet on the western front tonight!

:1orglaugh

time for a fun pic.

Getting back on track though, a silly question perhaps. Doesn't the US kinda have UHC anyways, in so far as people obviously don't get turned away at the emergency room, lol. It's just the headache of costs to the ER/the patient after the fact that causes the problems.

Whereas with us here in Europe, we just go to the ER and it's a flat rate for pretty much every test we get done.

great cartoon MaxOrz!

time for a fun pic.

Getting back on track though, a silly question perhaps. Doesn't the US kinda have UHC anyways, in so far as people obviously don't get turned away at the emergency room, lol. It's just the headache of costs to the ER/the patient after the fact that causes the problems.

Whereas with us here in Europe, we just go to the ER and it's a flat rate for pretty much every test we get done.

Yeah good one ,thats a saver.

The only charge in the UK for ER treatment is if you are injured in a road traffic accident ; this will be covered by your car insurance.
Regarding the thread title "Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes" it's very true.You will also die if it doesn't. Immortality isn't an option folks.

Why can't we simply buy and own health insurance like we buy/own all other kinds of insurance? Competition would be a good thing!

What I love about this is that these scumbag politicians (republicans and Blue dogs) have government runned healthcare. And if government runned healthcare is so bad why wont they switch to a private insurance company?

Why can't we simply buy and own health insurance like we buy/own all other kinds of insurance? Competition would be a good thing!

If you mean on an individual basis there is now and always has been that as an option.It's just that that is tremendously expensive.A cheap plan for one person is close to 15 grand a year.I have no idea what it would cost to buy a plan for a family 25-30 grand maybe?

Thats why it has been something people got from work who could at least get some sort of group plan rate.

The free market model had its chance here ,thats who got us where we are,they failed and let the costs sky rocket.Time to try something different or at least it should be.But I'm not holding my breath for real reform which does something about the costs,really sounds like the wealthy health care lobbys are going to block real reform again.Even they (the insurance companies) now are saying they want reform.But thats because they are licking their lips at the idea of some effort to cover everyone with health insurance which creates millions of new customers for them and 10s of billions more of our money going into their pockets.

Let me add another consideration to Friday’s excellent response. If you have a preexisting condition, or if you’re likely to become sick, you can not get health insurance. Private companies will not cover you at any price. It’s quite a punishment for being sick thought no fault of their own. And what health care they do get is paid for by the taxpayers or results in the patient’s bankruptcy. In other words they can not buy health insurance as you suggest and we taxpayers are paying for it already.

If you mean on an individual basis there is now and always has been that as an option.It's just that that is tremendously expensive.A cheap plan for one person is close to 15 grand a year.I have no idea what it would cost to buy a plan for a family 25-30 grand maybe?

Thats why it has been something people got from work who could at least get some sort of group plan rate.

The free market model had its chance here ,thats who got us where we are,they failed and let the costs sky rocket.Time to try something different or at least it should be.But I'm not holding my breath for real reform which does something about the costs,really sounds like the wealthy health care lobbys are going to block real reform again.Even they (the insurance companies) now are saying they want reform.But thats because they are licking their lips at the idea of some effort to cover everyone with health insurance which creates millions of new customers for them and 10s of billions more of our money going into their pockets.

Why cant we try something simple like Tort reform first instead of rushing to hand over control of 1/6th of the Economy to the Feds?

Why the rush all of a sudden and why do the Dems want to squash open debate? Because the more the people read this bill the more they dont like it and the more Obama's approval numbers shrink.

You already can but it's a dreadful system.Insurance premiums are risk based.Say you are diagnosed with a major illness-what's going to happen to your renewal premium even if the insurers will still cover you?If you are too ill to go to work how are you going to pay for premiums?
Remember that insurers are in it for the profit.Quite a lot of your premiums will be skimmed off to shareholders, fancy headquarters buildings etc.And so for that matter are the hospitals and doctors in for profit.Hospitals have to attract (compete for) patients so much money goes on fancy and impressive equipment which is under used.
A good comprehensive health system should even out the fact that some of the time you are healthy and at other times you are ill , that some people are unfortunate enough to suffer ill health more than others.It should pay reasonable wages to all staff but noother money should leak away from providing health provision.This is a job which can only realistically be tackled by a government beacuse no other organisation is big enough or motivated enough to take it on.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

Let's say, for the purpose of argument, that this health measure passes the Senate and the Federal government essentially confiscates & controls all entities related to health care , now, when the time comes for rationing, and there will be rationing, who is priority and who is expendable ?
Are all the guidelines in on that yet ? I think not !

Don't you proponents of univ. healthcare usually sit down and READ documents that you are asked to sign, or do you just sign it because ......... Sam said that
it's cool ?

Also - Anybody who uses a govt form of health care forfeits the right to file for malpractice damages, just ask an American Veteran !

Google "Sovereign Immunity" for details.

Wow ! What is the trial lawyer community going to do now ? :shocked: