• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rap "Music" Sucks

LezFemmez

Banned
I'm absolutely no insider when it comes to Rap music, I don't follow artists and I don't know when someone brings out a new record and stuff like that, but there are some albums and groups/artists I really like listening to. E.g. I've always been a fan of HOUSE OF PAIN and their Same As It Ever Was album is da shit (nah, I don't talk like a Rap dude). These days I'm listening to LA COKA NOSTRA, Q-UNIQUE, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE or JEDI MIND TRICKS, but I guess I don't know about half of the stuff that's actually out there. I admit most of the time I like the videos because of all those hot girls in it.

And then there's also some good European Rap like from:

Austria

Germany

France

JayJohn85

Banned
Mother, Mother, Mother, Mother fucker
Smoking weed, Smoking weed
Bitches, Hoes I'm da player
Dont put that shit on a pedastal!

Yo bitch you lookin' at me
Flash gits I got me desert eagle!
Bo
Smoked

I aint afraid of no jihadists mother fucker I'm from Brooklyn
Osama who? Eat lead and die bitch

What passes for hip-hop/rap in this day and age sucks completely. It has devolved into something I don't recognize or identify with anymore. It's not even hip-hop, it's just run of the mill pop music and I hate pop music.There aren't anymore MC's or groups that say anything new, interesting, or meaningful. For the most part DJ's have been replaced with shitty and unimaginative producers. What happened to groups like Public Enemy and BDP? These guys where angry and actually had something to say whether you agreed with it or not. I can't stand Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, and whoever the fuck else is popular today. Because they aren't MCs, they are salesman selling a bullshit image with their clothing lines, liquor and empty-headed lyrics. There is no fire, no heart, and definitely no real balls in it anymore and that makes me angry. Jay-Z needs another yacht so he'll shit out another piece of crap to sell and call it hip-hop.
I am off the soapbox now...later.

As a man in my forties it is not my music of choice and I would look rather silly if I was buying it for myself.

That said, there are some rap tunes that when I hear them I kinda like.

I liked Coolio in the 90's and I like DMX and 50 Cent now.

Most rappers are speaking to their generation about life experiences and about a social status they aspire for.

But it is kinda sickening to see affluent whites acting all gangsta like they can relate.

I also think Eminem is a genius.

If you believe that most "gangsta" rappers are speaking about their own life experiences, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might be interested in. The idea that people think rappers like Dr Dre and Snoop were actually these poor, hardened gangsters is funny to me. Snoop went to school with Cameron Diaz and there's a whole list of "gangsta" rappers who grew up in the burbs, went to private schools and have trust funds.

Ice Cube used to say that gangsta rap was the CNN of the hood. Bullshit. Ice T, one of the first gangsta rappers, joined the Army after high school and then became a party DJ. Now he talks about how he was a pimp who sold hand grenades. It's all bullshit.

NASCAR is the most popular sport in America, but it doesn't mean that driving around in circles take all that much talent. What a dumb argument.

First of all, country is the most popular genre of music - rap and R&B is second. Secondly, rap is popular because of TEENAGERS. Teenagers buy into the most horseshit things in life - not because they're good, but because they're trendy little shits who just want to fit in with the crowd. And, recently, hip-hop and rap music has been "cool", so almost every single teenager listens to it. Not because it's GOOD, but because "everybody else is doing it".

I want to chime in here

I listen to rap music, not because its cool, infact its lost its coolness. Sales are down ect. Look at the charts, how many rap songs do you see? almost none. Unless they pay labels to play there music like Jay does.

Pop is the pop-ular thing right now. But i still like rap, well hiphop.

Most hiphop artists are fake.

A few things i want to say though

There are some beautifully crafted songs made from hiphop artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTjA0VJ2AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uWGVAcKR4

Only ignorance will dissmiss that track of not being influential.

Even if it isn't perfect for your taste thats no reason to hate it. You dont see hiphop fans hating taylor swift because shes the largest selling artist or lady gaga or britney or every other song made about relationships. They just change the channel.

Hiphop is what is it. Its entertainment. Ill tell you the reason why everybody all of a sudden acted hard. 50 cent came out, was himself, had an inspirational story, watch his behind the music on youtube and you will see how unique his childhood was. But then after his success, all of a sudden we had a million guys who tried to do the hard thing. They made the genre look cheap and made people feel embarresed to listen to the culture. I dont think somebody should be gloryfying drugs in the first place. But there is a guy called Rick ross.... He... well LMAO just google him and read his wiki page. Hiphop should really be about inspiring young people and should be in my opinion like an advanced form of poetry to influence other people in positive ways with a few party non serious tracks too sprinkle on top. I really dont see why somebody can have an issue with that apart from themselves perhaps being extremely negative.

I had the "privilege" of entertaining a client tonight who is a rap "music" aficionado. Enduring the featured entertainment at the club we attended was quite likely the worst 3 hours of my life. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there.

I know I'm going to come across as an old angry white guy but this sorely needs to be said for those on this forum who can relate to my position. Rap "music" totally sucks. It really isn't even music....it's just the same, repetitive, redundant (can we turn down the bass just a little bit?) and morally bankrupt garbage "song" after idiotic "song"....glorification of violence and disrespect toward women and anything that represents any type of authority. Now, I can totally understand being against the establishment for sure. Hell, Ive been a rebel since I was a teenager. However, there's a right way and a wrong way to approach it. Rap and its ideals are the wrong way. Sorry....it's the truth.

Rap is wrong. It sucks. I hate it.

OK, all you ass-backwards ballcap-wearing homeboy SOBs can go ahead tear me apart....I don't care. Your "music" is garbage.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but when your from Texas, you're definitely not.

Wow, so much hate aimed at someone for giving their own opinion on the subject.

He doesn't like rap music - so what, does this news affect your liking of it at all? No, so why do some of you feel the need to defend it? It's completely illogical (this is FreeOnes after all, it was to be expected).

ed007

Banned
^^ How dare you give your opinion on the subject. :mad:
It's time for a ding dong! :fight: ;)

Wow, so much hate aimed at someone for giving their own opinion on the subject.

He doesn't like rap music - so what, does this news affect your liking of it at all? No, so why do some of you feel the need to defend it? It's completely illogical (this is FreeOnes after all, it was to be expected).

He's probably in a hick bar somewhere, line dancing in his cowboy hat listening to Country & Western laughing at everyone arguing on this thread.

:rolleyes:

Fair enough.

Just saying....you not liking it is one personal thing...saying it sucks is at odds with the fact that the stuff sells billions of dollars worldwide.....in cultures and societies that have no one in them that looks like the average rapper. It was veritably on top of the "music" world for quite a while.

That alone suggests it is clearly an art as the easiest way to recognize some things as art is the ability of it's relationship to transcend backgrounds, cultures, etc.:2 cents:

Now Mega you can't really be arguing that popularity is proof that something doesn't suck.

Rap sucks!

Polk Rocks!

:banger:

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
I want to chime in here

I listen to rap music, not because its cool, infact its lost its coolness. Sales are down ect. Look at the charts, how many rap songs do you see? almost none. Unless they pay labels to play there music like Jay does.

Pop is the pop-ular thing right now. But i still like rap, well hiphop.

Most hiphop artists are fake.

A few things i want to say though

There are some beautifully crafted songs made from hiphop artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTjA0VJ2AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uWGVAcKR4

Only ignorance will dissmiss that track of not being influential.

Even if it isn't perfect for your taste thats no reason to hate it. You dont see hiphop fans hating taylor swift because shes the largest selling artist or lady gaga or britney or every other song made about relationships. They just change the channel.

Hiphop is what is it. Its entertainment. Ill tell you the reason why everybody all of a sudden acted hard. 50 cent came out, was himself, had an inspirational story, watch his behind the music on youtube and you will see how unique his childhood was. But then after his success, all of a sudden we had a million guys who tried to do the hard thing. They made the genre look cheap and made people feel embarresed to listen to the culture. I dont think somebody should be gloryfying drugs in the first place. But there is a guy called Rick ross.... He... well LMAO just google him and read his wiki page. Hiphop should really be about inspiring young people and should be in my opinion like an advanced form of poetry to influence other people in positive ways with a few party non serious tracks too sprinkle on top. I really dont see why somebody can have an issue with that apart from themselves perhaps being extremely negative.

This might be the end of this thread a lot of what you said makes a lot of sense unless you are Jay-Z who else is making hits LiL'Wayne is behide bars and at one point you could say him but not now:dunno:

I had the "privilege" of entertaining a client tonight who is a rap "music" aficionado. Enduring the featured entertainment at the club we attended was quite likely the worst 3 hours of my life. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there.

I know I'm going to come across as an old angry white guy but this sorely needs to be said for those on this forum who can relate to my position. Rap "music" totally sucks. It really isn't even music....it's just the same, repetitive, redundant (can we turn down the bass just a little bit?) and morally bankrupt garbage "song" after idiotic "song"....glorification of violence and disrespect toward women and anything that represents any type of authority. Now, I can totally understand being against the establishment for sure. Hell, Ive been a rebel since I was a teenager. However, there's a right way and a wrong way to approach it. Rap and its ideals are the wrong way. Sorry....it's the truth.

Rap is wrong. It sucks. I hate it.

OK, all you ass-backwards ballcap-wearing homeboy SOBs can go ahead tear me apart....I don't care. Your "music" is garbage.

You, sir, are an idiot. Your judging an entire genre of music which millions upon millions of people are a part of from one experience. you don't know rap. you don't listen to rap, therefore DO NOT FUCKING JUDGE IT. moron.

You, sir, are an idiot. Your judging an entire genre of music which millions upon millions of people are a part of from one experience. you don't know rap. you don't listen to rap, therefore DO NOT FUCKING JUDGE IT. moron.

Fundamentalist Christians aren't brought up to listen to that, Damn it.

:tongue:

I'm absolutely no insider when it comes to Rap music, I don't follow artists and I don't know when someone brings out a new record and stuff like that, but there are some albums and groups/artists I really like listening to. E.g. I've always been a fan of HOUSE OF PAIN and their Same As It Ever Was album is da shit (nah, I don't talk like a Rap dude). These days I'm listening to LA COKA NOSTRA, Q-UNIQUE, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE or JEDI MIND TRICKS, but I guess I don't know about half of the stuff that's actually out there. I admit most of the time I like the videos because of all those hot girls in it.

And then there's also some good European Rap like from:

Austria

Germany

France

Same as it ever was was my shit! :hatsoff: By far their best album.