• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS4 (PlayStation 4)

I signed up with Gamestop to be notified as soon as they start taking preorders for the PS4. I figure there's going to be massive shortages as usual when both consoles launch this fall. I'm going with the PS4 initially this time. I got burnt by the 360 hardware failures (twice) last time.

In this day in age I try not to pre-order anything to do with video games anymore. Too many people are getting burned by doing so. Nobody seems able to deliver a stable working system anymore. Even if I did have the money for it, which I probably won't. I like to wait a year or two until they get the bugs ironed out of consoles. Even for games I want I don't buy them until at least the initial buyers have had a chance to play it and review it to find out what is wrong with the game. I trust the professional reviews from game magazine and web sites about as far as I can throw my car.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
In this day in age I try not to pre-order anything to do with video games anymore. Too many people are getting burned by doing so. Nobody seems able to deliver a stable working system anymore. Even if I did have the money for it, which I probably won't. I like to wait a year or two until they get the bugs ironed out of consoles. Even for games I want I don't buy them until at least the initial buyers have had a chance to play it and review it to find out what is wrong with the game. I trust the professional reviews from game magazine and web sites about as far as I can throw my car.

meanwhile, my original NES still works perfectly.

go figure.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Sony teasing with the PS4 console before Microsoft's big reveal tomorrow...lol

I will be all over that reveal by the way... ;)

I try not to consider myself a fanboy but Sony really impressed me with the PS4 conference and I'm excited for what the system is hopefully capable of. I've been a Playstation owner since 1996 so I really hope Sony can recover after the PS3's stumbling life (not saying it was a failure but it just never really seemed to take off)

Really want to get Uncharted 3 but it's enormous (double space needed for installing = 80+ GB) and would probably stuff the remaining HDD space I have. Dat Blu-Ray capacity.

Not only are things like that a problem from a disk space perspective, and not only is it a problem with anybody that doesn't have a decent internet connection, but the internet infrastructure is so poor in the US that even people that do have fast connections don't always have unlimited bandwith they can use on them. I wonder how much ISPs will start to bitch when even more people start downloading things like that or playing games through cloud computing. I can see the GBs of data really piling up for individual users, not to mention the whole strain on the system. What are they going to do, start throttling everybody down after they download a game or two and play a couple of days that month?

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Yea a while back that download would have single handedly crippled my internet ha, (Stephen Fry knows, capped bandwidth is the norm) but luckily there have been free bandwidth upgrades and I don't have to worry about that aspect any more at least.
Uncharted 3 is by far the largest I have seen so far (UC2 is about 19-20 gb and I thought that was huge) so it might be kind of an anomaly, but I would assume that it won't be getting any smaller for next-gen?
I thought the 500 gb for Xbox One was a bit small for that reason, not sure what PS4 will be. Looking back, the current gen launched at what, 60-80 gb or something? Seems like these new consoles should be getting into terabyte territory for long term storage, especially with digital downloads getting more and more common.

May not matter if the new consoles are not worth getting at all. Sony leaving DRM up to publishers does not sound promising.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
I find myself being most interested in what the limitations are when it comes to such things as themes for the PS4. Only being able to use 15 frames in an animation on a full HD theme for the PS3 really limits the creativity for designers.

PS4 - Parallelepiped Station 4

I probably prefer this over a plain box shape I guess but Sony could have kept some 'curve' appeal to it.

Sony might have just struck a dagger in the heart of Microsoft.

They got the biggest crowd pop when they announced that they will not lock out used games,you won't have to either be online nor check in to verify you game,and the kicker,they undercut Microsoft's console price by $100!

$399 for a PS4,plus PS+ that carries over and between PS Vita,PS3,and PS4.

Sorry,but unless Microsoft makes some changes,their console will be DOA.

They got the biggest crowd pop when they announced that they will not lock out used games,you won't have to either be online nor check in to verify you game,and the kicker,they undercut Microsoft's console price by $100!

Ya was watching that conference too was laughing when the crowd was cheering.

M$ just kicked all its dedicated gamers in the teeth I think. At least that's how I feel right about now.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
PS+ also required for online multiplayer? Would not be surprised, but it is a really good service anyway at least.

Sony trolling

PS+ also required for online multiplayer?

Sure why not they started that phase with the ps+ on ps3 that was to get you eased into it. It worked on Xbox, I knew one day it would happen. But with what you get plus the console launch price and games, if I were a PS3 owner I wouldn't care.