• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS4 (PlayStation 4)

looking for suggestions on what PS4 i should get or consider.
i haven't done any research but plan on buying one when Fallout 4 is released, so one month from now.
is there different levels of memory or are they all basically the same? is there any accessories that i need that don't come with the main system?
you guys know what info i'm looking for.

freeones_regina

Administrator
looking for suggestions on what PS4 i should get or consider.
i haven't done any research but plan on buying one when Fallout 4 is released, so one month from now.
is there different levels of memory or are they all basically the same? is there any accessories that i need that don't come with the main system?
you guys know what info i'm looking for.

There are currently 2 types, one with 500GB HD and one with a 1TB HD, other than that they are basically the same.
And it is super simple to change HD's (it's even explained in their manual) so you could go for the 500GB and later on when you feel you need a bigger HD put a 2TB in yourself.

Accessories, maybe a headset if you want to play online? Can't think of anything else that does not come with the system.

And maybe look into the Uncharted Collection, awesome games.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
PC rules!!!
PC with mouse and keyboard has better power, graphics and control.
Changing to an SSD drive in my PC gave it a good speed increase.
Would a PS4 benefit from an SSD drive?

There are currently 2 types, one with 500GB HD and one with a 1TB HD, other than that they are basically the same.
And it is super simple to change HD's (it's even explained in their manual) so you could go for the 500GB and later on when you feel you need a bigger HD put a 2TB in yourself.

Accessories, maybe a headset if you want to play online? Can't think of anything else that does not come with the system.

i have a headset already from my PS3/X360 will that be compatible or am i screwed and need another headset?

Hell yeah it's super easy. I just put in a 2TB hard drive about 2 weeks ago.

i have a headset already from my PS3/X360 will that be compatible or am i screwed and need another headset?
It comes with a mic in the box but you will probably want a better one. As far as I know most last generation headsets don't work with the PS4 or Xbox One. The Turtle Beach headsets might though, I have a PX22 headset that I bought for my PS3 and I use that on the PS4. Check around for the compatibility stats.

Hey dark warrior it's been a long time since we've spoke games. Good to hear from you.
I do have a turtle beach headset,so i'll check into the compatibility.

UGH i feel like a dope posting questions now for a system that has been out for a while- i have hulu,wwe network,netflix in the tv services tab, is there anyway to delete the rest and just have mine on the list?
they don't really give a detailed manual anymore with items do they? is there a video on the system that shows you what to do or a really detailed video online to help figure out some of the options?
my notifications keep telling me about a parental control...i'm the user how do i shut that off but still have other notifications? or do i really need the notifications? (i said notifications too many times).

i think i just need to spend more time fiddling around with the system.but having to scroll down 3 rows to get to WWE network when i can just have MY apps on there would be easier.

thank guys!

I'm still trying to figure things out myself and I've had the PS4 for over a year. As far as I know, you can't delete the apps with the download icon in the right hand corner. I have the WWE Network myself and right above it is the app to download it. It's annoying.

You can turn off various notifications under the settings tab, but I'm assuming you're talking about the messages that pop up with the "Discover" icon. I have no clue how to shut those off. I don't think there is a way to shut them off yet.

I'm still trying to figure things out myself and I've had the PS4 for over a year. As far as I know, you can't delete the apps with the download icon in the right hand corner. I have the WWE Network myself and right above it is the app to download it. It's annoying.

You can turn off various notifications under the settings tab, but I'm assuming you're talking about the messages that pop up with the "Discover" icon. I have no clue how to shut those off. I don't think there is a way to shut them off yet.

ok to both of your comments- thats both things i was asking about, thanks