• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Poll: GOP gets the blame in shutdown

Fuck no! NYC is the greatest! I probably haven't been to as many cities as you have overall but I have to just about all of the major European cities except Moscow. I haven't been to Singapore but I have been to Tokyo. None of them compare to the Big Apple

Fuck no! NYC is the greatest! I probably haven't been to as many cities as you have overall but I have to just about all of the major European cities except Moscow. I haven't been to Singapore but I have been to Tokyo. None of them compare to the Big Apple

Found the 'Big Apple' Dirty and the people about as unfriendly as it gets.

But I am just a small town guy.

Well it is run by liberals and millions live there. There may be 100 conservatives in the whole city and they work at that network on Ave. Of The Americas.

It's a pretty amazing city if you don't have to go and visit on the cheap. If you're trying to do everything inexpensively, you're not going to see the great parts of New York. If you have some money to spend, it's a bloody wonderland of possibilities. Amazing place, and I much prefer it to any European city I've been in.

That said, now that I'm living so near to Chicago, I've taken the time to get to know that city as well. It is also amazing - something for everyone. World class museums of all sorts, professional and amateur sports up the wazoo, amazing music scene for everything from Classical to Indie Rock, shopping for anything you could want, great public transit, and on and on the list goes.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
Well it is run by liberals and millions live there. There may be 100 conservatives in the whole city and they work at that network on Ave. Of The Americas.

100 conservatives not counting wall street you mean, right?

Yeah it is curious why they gave him so much. But if you to dissect the contributions I am sure that the majority came from alternative energy companies. and investors.

No question that there has been some shady donations made. I'm sure that can be said about every President. Kinda sucks balls that we seem to accept it as the status quo.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
they hedge their bets. they gave to BOTH sides just like military contractors gave more to Hilary than all candidates combines in 2008. they saw her as the most likely to win.

But please counselor, you cannot deny that wall street is on the republican side of the fence.

Traditionally yes. But your explanation was a pretty good one Milano. Wall Street consists of gamblers and a gambler will hedge their bet if they can.

You make a good point, Mariah, they certainly are hedging their bets. However, I think you're going to hear a lot more Democratic voices popping up on Wall Street, it seems to be shifting in that way, as all things political party related shift from time to time.

Have a look at this book - Mariah and BC, I think you'd both find it interesting. It's a pretty thoughtful look at shifts in party politics during the 20th century.

http://www.amazon.com/Minority-Poli...8&qid=1381508426&sr=8-1&keywords=david+swartz

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Yeah, they keep on riding that pony. No matter how the consequences.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
This is a pretty good thread, it deserves some sunshine.
Points for recycling.

Yeah, they keep on riding that pony. No matter how the consequences.
They've got themselves a good position when you look at it this way: they argue that government doesn't work, while being in a perfect position to make that come true.

But to be fair, if I understood it correctly McConnell is changing up tactics and trying to get the funding and the EO-legislation out there separately. You know, like what makes sense. And if that's the case, kudos to him.

You probably don't realize that a government shut down only effects non essential employees. Saying that the government is shut down is a political scare tactic. It is the weekend and for all intents and purposes the government is shut down 2 days out of the week anyway.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
You probably don't realize that a government shut down only effects non essential employees. Saying that the government is shut down is a political scare tactic. It is the weekend and for all intents and purposes the government is shut down 2 days out of the week anyway.

You are obviously not aware of how bureaucrati systems work - or fail to work. If two out of five working days are cut out, that is 40%. And the work "non essential" workers do, have to either be done by the other workers, or sand will trickle into the gears of the machine.

Plus, it is not a machine, and if a party is willing to do such a thing, that makes a strong impression on every government worker. And remember the language Scott Walker used regarding the teachers and firefighters union on te same level as ISIS.

The GOP are appearing to wage open war even on firemen.