• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Poll: GOP gets the blame in shutdown

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I know you hope so. A quick question, since the ACA is the law of the land and all, has any other laws of the land ever been repealed before? I'll hang up and listen.

I do. I hope it takes out all the non-Tea Party republicans and replaces them with Democrats.

I wovld rather argue with you partisans than an independent any day of the week. We never will sway one another but it is fun trying.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
You never know, I was an anti-liberal fox news watching republican not so long ago. But we dont have someone of GWB's caliber to throw them over the fence any more. plus life experiences made me change my views on a lot of things. open mind = bigger world

Mayhem

Banned
Republican Party's Rating Plummets To 'Record Low'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/republican-party-rating_n_4072716.html

There may be plenty of blame to go around for the nine-day government shutdown, but the Republican brand is taking the harder hit in public opinion.

Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll. The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

While the Democratic Party isn’t popular either, it fared better, with 43 percent of Americans approving of the party -- down a comparatively small 4 points from September.

2013-10-09-GallupGOPFavorability.png

The percentage of Americans rating the Republicans unfavorably also reached a record high of 60 percent, while 49 percent gave the Democrats a negative rating. Remarkably, more than one-quarter of Republicans (27 percent) viewed their own party unfavorably.

In Gallup's tracking, the only previous loss of approval that came anywhere close for the Republicans was a drop from 43 to 31 percent immediately following the House of Representatives vote to impeach President Bill Clinton in December 1998. As The New Republic's Nate Cohn notes, the only good news for the Republicans is that the last time, their rating snapped back to 40 percent a few weeks later.

Nonetheless, the negative perceptions of Republicans during the impeachment debate helped Democrats to gain five House seats in the November 1998 election. That was the first time since 1934 that the president's party gained seats in a midterm election.

The Gallup poll surveyed 1,028 adults between Oct. 3 and Oct. 6.

georges

Staff member
Take it back a notch BC. You get too worked up in these threads. It gets worse and worse with every post, I'm just looking out for you, I saw what went on with you and Mayhem in that other thread

You should perhaps take a notch and stop crying like a a cry baby :crybaby: over Obama's ass getting canned. Obama deserves what he gets, end of story.

Georges you my boy and all but I was wondering that myself. What part of France do you live in? The next time I make it over there I want to hang out with a few of you America loving French people. I didn't see many when I went to Paris.

Mariahxxx

if you try and speak french they are totally different. americans go there and just impose english on everyone. they dont have social skills. they go into a store and just blurt out a question in english. its proper etiquette to greet someone with hello or bonjour / bonsoir then ask them if they speak english. Americans dont do that. I learned that if you at least make the attempt at speaking french they appreciate it much more. I had the rude french experience my first trip there until I learned from my friend who lives in Paris these lessons and it all changed. I've been 8 or 9 times now and spent a lot of time there, all over the country and the french are no more rude than Americans. you just have to have some manners and take the American arrogance out of it.

Mariahxxx

if you try and speak french they are totally different. americans go there and just impose english on everyone. they dont have social skills. they go into a store and just blurt out a question in english. its proper etiquette to greet someone with hello or bonjour / bonsoir then ask them if they speak english. Americans dont do that. I learned that if you at least make the attempt at speaking french they appreciate it much more. I had the rude french experience my first trip there until I learned from my friend who lives in Paris these lessons and it all changed. I've been 8 or 9 times now and spent a lot of time there, all over the country and the french are no more rude than Americans. you just have to have some manners and take the American arrogance out of it.

In certain portions of Paris this is not the case. There are pockets of seriously uppity folk in Paris such as I have never encountered anywhere. Even if you speak excellent French, if your French is too peasant, or your accent is from anywhere outside Paris, they'll still treat you like dogshit. It's alarming. Paris is not the most friendly/welcoming place on the planet, that's for damned sure.

Mariahxxx

yeah well neither is New York. I have never encountered people more rude and lacking class than new yorkers. paranoid and loud and offensive. I dont get it. there is this elitist attitude with new yorkers like its the greatest place on earth, and it is not.

my entire family is from Brooklyn and they are fucking weird with the way they see people from other places.

Mariah they were not so hung up on the languge if I made up for it in tips. I also felt like a fool saying bonjoir and merci and oui. I wasn't cut out for that language. I can speak enough spanish and German to get by comfortably and it doesn't bother me. In Montreal I have encountered a few languge snobs if you spoke English. I actually got so frustrated in Paris I hired a translator for my last 2 days there.

Mariahxxx

of course, money goes a long way lol but why feel like a fool? believe me I'm a total hack with the french language and the spanish language. and the english language lol

Mariahxxx

hardly. new yorkers tend to be arrogant assholes. I love the city, but it's hardly the greatest city on earth. not even close. If you've been to Hong Kong or Singapore or Copenhagen or Vienna then you know that's true. London is a better city IMO. cleaner and safer with as many cultural places and equally good restaurants and just as culturally diverse.

I hired a translator because nothing soumds more pretentious than a southern american accent trying to speak french. I enjoyed my time much more once I got the translator. Didn't have to say a word.

Mariahxxx

yeah Im sure having someone to speak for you is far less pretentious lol one of my favorite parts of travel is to get to know the people and interacting with them. I usually only spend a few days in the city then venture out into the country. Tough to do that with a translator and it defeats the entire purpose of going to a foreign place. get rosetta stone and learn some basic french Zippy! :)