• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBC usually does show games (usually Leafs games) on days other than Saturday but only a few times a year. Usually they'll show the first game of the season for each Canadian team, they'll show the winter classic and other special games and they show all of the playoff games.

The rest of the regular games for Canadian teams are mostly covered by the regional Sportsnet channels and whatever's left is on TSN and PPV. Usually all the games are covered on satellite and cable but TSN is the only national channel other than CBC, Sportsnet and PPV are regional and black out games that aren't in their region. CBC isn't a sports channel but I don't know anyone that watches it for anything other than hockey. They have a news channel, they could probably start their own sports channel too.

Yeah, it sucks that the theme song isn't on there anymore, sounds totally out of place on TSN.

Games are also on the NHLnetwork, LeafTV and RDS(french version of TSN and the games are not regionally blacked-out). Lots of hockey for those who don't have the Center Ice package.

Exactly Mauser98k :D

According to rumors, Kovalchuk asked for a trade. He is under contract for next season so nothing to do with UFA: he is tired of an organisation going nowhere.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Exactly Mauser98k :D

According to rumors, Kovalchuk asked for a trade. He is under contract for next season so nothing to do with UFA: he is tired of an organisation going nowhere.

he'd be a force in a big market team. just look at his former teammate Marian Hossa.

By the way, there was a survey result today in Montreal.

According to hockey fans, the 3 goalies that should be in the All-Star game are:

1- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
2- Tim Thomas (BOS)
3- Mike Smith (TB)

I dont take into account that Carey Price (MTL) ranked 1st as he just doesnt play like a star and our fans are kinda blind faithed :D

Mauser98k

Closed Account
By the way, there was a survey result today in Montreal.

According to hockey fans, the 3 goalies that should be in the All-Star game are:

1- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
2- Tim Thomas (BOS)
3- Mike Smith (TB)

I dont take into account that Carey Price (MTL) ranked 1st as he just doesnt play like a star and our fans are kinda blind faithed :D

:bowdown: Montreal fans see what many other fans will soon find out; Smitty is unbelievable.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Olie the Goalie in net for the Lightning tonight looking for a little retribution against his former team. if anyone can stop Ovechkin and Semin, it Kolzig

Olie the Goalie in net for the Lightning tonight looking for a little retribution against his former team. if anyone can stop Ovechkin and Semin, it Kolzig

Olie is going to beat his former team tonight because washington have replaced him with a mediocre goalie ( Jose Theodore ). Go bolts Go !

Waiting for the HOF induction to start, good to see Larionov getting in.

Ovechkin isnt the same this year.
No shit, I was so excited to get him in my pool but so far he's pretty much done dick. I'm doing okay without him lighting it up but I sure hope he picks it up, like soon.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
3-0 Caps and it's not even the end of 1. game is already over, the Lightning can't score 4 goals in a game.

Fire Barry Melrose

Waiting for the HOF induction to start, good to see Larionov getting in.
Yep, but it's on at 12:30 AM eastern it seems. I watched it last year with the great class they had, but with the time being 12:30 eastern, I guess I'll be missing it this year.

Shit can't edit my above post it seems..

So the Oilers win again with Drouin-Deslauriers (40 saves). He seems to be getting the job done in the starters place, so who do they trade now that he's proven he can do the job when needed? (be it in a 2-3 game stint or by giving the two in question a break)

Will it be Garon or Roloson? I don't think they kid is a starter yet, but who among the two can they unload when/if New Jersey comes a-callin'?

Opinions?

(For those who don't know Drouin-Deslauriers doesn't have a 2-way contract to pass freely between NHL/AHL, so I think the time is coming soon to make a choice on this whole 3 goaltender situation)

I have seen Garon playing in Montreal as a rookie. That guy never delivered up to his potential untill landing in Edmonton. Back in the days, he was supposed to be our netminder for the years to come, untill Theodore had his single stardom half season...

Roloson is 38? 39? He doesnt have much ahead of him... Just the kind of vet that can fill the NJ needs.

If i had to choose, i would keep Garon and trade Roloson.

I have seen Garon playing in Montreal as a rookie. That guy never delivered up to his potential untill landing in Edmonton. Back in the days, he was supposed to be our netminder for the years to come, untill Theodore had his single stardom half season...

If i had to choose, i would keep Garon and trade Roloson.

Yeah I feel the same way, Garon outplayed Roloson last year.(who has outlived his usefulness and shouldn't have been signed after his playoff run anyway, beyond a 1 year deal) His amazing shootout record is enough reason, Lowe needs to make the decision fast. (though he has 3-4 months until Jersey won't be looking anymore) :2 cents:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Good wins for Phoenix and Chicago tonight. I'm probably one of the few Canadian fans that actually want teams in the south like Phoenix and Nashville to do good...

Good wins for Phoenix and Chicago tonight. I'm probably one of the few Canadian fans that actually want teams in the south like Phoenix and Nashville to do good...

I get why some Canadians would cheer for Phoenix after all I believe Wayne Gretzky still owns the team. I don't really get Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.