• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
"The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have acquired 6’0”, 205-pound defenseman Matt Carle and the San Jose Sharks’ third round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Steve Eminger, Steve Downie and Tampa Bay’s fourth round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

“Matt Carle is a good young defenseman and we are thrilled to add a player with his abilities to our roster,” said Holmgren in making the announcement. “He will add skill and speed to our lineup and should fit in great with our team.”

“I also would like to thank Steve Eminger and Steve Downie for their professionalism as players here and we wish them nothing but the best in the future.”

Carle, 24, recorded a goal and an assist for two points and six penalty minutes in 12 games for the Lightning this season. He is second on the team in blocked shots (27) and third on the team in average time on ice (21:57 minutes per game). He was acquired by the Lightning, along with Ty Wishart, a first round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, from San Jose in exchange for Dan Boyle and Brad Lukowich on July 4, 2008.

In 163 career NHL regular season games over the last four seasons (2005-06 through 2008-09), Carle has registered 17 goals and 48 assists for 65 points and 76 penalty minutes. Prior to joining the Lightning, Carle posted 63 points (16G,47A) and 70 penalty minutes in 151 games for the Sharks over three seasons (2005-06 through 2007-08). He has also appeared in 33 career NHL playoff games over the last three seasons, recording two goals and seven assists for nine points and eight penalty minutes."

so we trade Dan Boyle for Matt Carle and then trade Matt Carle...i think it'd have been best to have kept Boyle!

Eminger isnt bad... but ending with him instead of Boyle... Poor TB :(

Downie is a pest on the 4th line.

Neither help your offense.

I hope your GM have a plan... and isnt the new Mike Milbury :rolleyes:

Eminger isnt bad... but ending with him instead of Boyle... Poor TB :(

Downie is a pest on the 4th line.

Neither help your offense.

I hope your GM have a plan... and isnt the new Mike Milbury :rolleyes:

I agree that they should have kept Boyle but don't forget they used the first roud draft pick they got from san jose to help them get Andrej Meszaros. So the Boyle deal wasn't useless. Also Ty wishart will be a good defenceman for Tampa in the near future. All in all , I still think they should have kept Dan Boyle because he is one of the best in the league but the Lightning are not in too much of a bad shape after all the movements they made in trading him. The defense is going to get better , they have great goaltending ( most of the time ) so now the damn offense has to step it up and score some goals for god's sake. P.S Trading Carle has freed almost 1.5 million for Tampa so maybe they do have a plan.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I have a question for anybody that lives in canada could answer for me? being in Detroit,Mi since I get CBC I watch Hockey nite in Canada in between redwings intermissions or when the redwings are not playing on that saturday, that said, why doesn't CBC televise more games on different days / nights?

Are there other local canadien channels that broadcast games which you can tune into? or is it all cable and satelite except for saturday nights?? cuz I think CBC should televise a game 3 - 4 nights a week?? just wondering? thanx too whomever can shed some light on the subject! :hatsoff:

P.s. I watch HNIC cuz I gotta watch COACHES CORNER W/Don Cherry and Satelite Hotstove or I feel like I missed a week of my life!! BTW they should have ponied up the $$$ and kept the HNIC theme music!! total injustice IMHO!!!

As far as i know, its the only game on public television nowadays in Canada.

Im not sure what is the current state of TV rights for each team tho, but for the Habs, its only on a private channel (RDS).

I have a question for anybody that lives in canada could answer for me? being in Detroit,Mi since I get CBC I watch Hockey nite in Canada in between redwings intermissions or when the redwings are not playing on that saturday, that said, why doesn't CBC televise more games on different days / nights?

Are there other local canadien channels that broadcast games which you can tune into? or is it all cable and satelite except for saturday nights?? cuz I think CBC should televise a game 3 - 4 nights a week?? just wondering? thanx too whomever can shed some light on the subject! :hatsoff:

P.s. I watch HNIC cuz I gotta watch COACHES CORNER W/Don Cherry and Satelite Hotstove or I feel like I missed a week of my life!! BTW they should have ponied up the $$$ and kept the HNIC theme music!! total injustice IMHO!!!
CBC usually does show games (usually Leafs games) on days other than Saturday but only a few times a year. Usually they'll show the first game of the season for each Canadian team, they'll show the winter classic and other special games and they show all of the playoff games.

The rest of the regular games for Canadian teams are mostly covered by the regional Sportsnet channels and whatever's left is on TSN and PPV. Usually all the games are covered on satellite and cable but TSN is the only national channel other than CBC, Sportsnet and PPV are regional and black out games that aren't in their region. CBC isn't a sports channel but I don't know anyone that watches it for anything other than hockey. They have a news channel, they could probably start their own sports channel too.

Yeah, it sucks that the theme song isn't on there anymore, sounds totally out of place on TSN.

Canucks beat the Wild 2-0. Sami Salo and Daniel Sedin with the Vancouver goals. Roberto Luongo records his 3rd straight shutout. 201+ minutes since allowing his last goal against Detroit last Sunday.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
As far as i know, its the only game on public television nowadays in Canada.

Im not sure what is the current state of TV rights for each team tho, but for the Habs, its only on a private channel (RDS).

Ok thanx I was just wondering if CBC had alot more hockey on that I didn't know about! :hatsoff:

CBC usually does show games (usually Leafs games) on days other than Saturday but only a few times a year. Usually they'll show the first game of the season for each Canadian team, they'll show the winter classic and other special games and they show all of the playoff games. Yeah, it sucks that the theme song isn't on there anymore, sounds totally out of place on TSN.

Yeah I usually catch all of those games! I was just wondering if they broadcast games in one area and other programming in other areas while games were being televised!

Trust me when I say whenever I can find a game on, I'M there! :rofl2: I am a definite puckhead, I watch alot of games that are not my beloved REDWINGS!! :D

I watch CBC from game 1 of the start of the playoffs all the way through the last game of the finals, PLAYOFF HOCKEY IS THE BEST TV THERE IS!! :hatsoff:

:rofl2: did anybody else see OTT unload that right HAYMAKER ALL UPSIDE PRONGERS BIG FUCKIN HEAD!!!! GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!

p.s. DP thanx for telling me the ID's of avatar and sig! (you sent it too yourself, and I didn't see it until just now)

Last edited:
Sad week-end for the habs...

1pt against Colombus.

And a severe loss against the Maple Leafs, 6-3.

The only good thing is that many players will be back on earth and realise they have a season to play prior to playoffs.

Bob Gainey, our GM, should realise the lack of depth we have a defense. As soon as we have an injury to one of our top 3 defensemen (Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik) we are in big trouble. Bouillon and Gorges are a nice 3rd pairing but we have a big hold on the 2nd pair. Brisebois is no longer able to play day in and day out ; O'Byrne isn't ready for minutes munching yet, he still need developement. Of course, we have several prospects that will join the Habs in a very near future but... if we want to be serious contender this year, we definatly need a solid, experienced, 3rd or 4th defensemen...

We can spare maybe Chris Higgins (at least, the rumors are constant about him) or draft choices (the banks are full of prospects and our team is quite young).

Even with a 10-2-2 record so far this season, Habs have been lucky. They cannot always make come backs in the 3rd period, neither sitting on their attack punch to play 10 minutes by game.

Glad that the alarm bell is ringing so early in the season. That leaves time for Gainey to try to get Boumeester (FLO) or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.