• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '12/'13 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Great win tonight. I was waiting for Crawford to screw up but he played great, awesome defensive effort by the whole team. Need to take game 6 in Boston because Game 7 will be up for grabs and I don't think I can handle the torture, these OT's have almost killed me.

When you really think about OT, you start to wonder about how drastically different a series can be a few games later. If Daugavins buries that open netter in gm1 OT, the bruins would have been playing for a sweep last night. If Paille doesn't come up huge in gms 2 & 3, the bruins probably have their backs completely against the wall right now, if they were even still playing.

It's also things like that that demonstrate just how much luck in involved with sports, especially in only a few games. It would be nice to always pin down and know why things are the way they are, and to know who was best, but often the fickle finger of fate plays more of a role than anything else with things that just can't be easily accounted for.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426131

Sigh, my Leafs went for Bernier and gave up way too much. Now I get to start swearing at Nonis. Frattin gone, really? Our hardest working prospect. Man, some days I just wanna...

Bernier could be a stud. Of course, he's playing in Toronto now, so that's kind of an impossibility.

Bruins are still in this. If you told me/them at the beginning of the year that they'd be in position to win the cup right now, all they have to do is go 2-0, i'd/they'd take it in a heartbeat. Its all about one game right now, because if they can win on home ice, its an anything-can-happen winner take all in Chi-town on wednesday. Most of this group has seen this before, and pulled it off in domination fashion (not that I'm expecting that). Bergeron's "body injury" scares me to no end, though. Without him, our chances are drastically worse.

Frattin doesn't make or break your team. A potential top 5 (or 10, even) is a building block the Leafs could definitely use.

No, true he doesn't. But none of the other young guns (Kadri included) have his work ethic. And aside from Frattin, a second round pick and a good backup. Scrivens and a third rounder would have been more adequate for an unproven goalie (Bishop didn't fare so hot in TB after leaving MacLeans coaching style. speaking of TB, neither did Lindback, so it's a gamble). But like I said, hope I'm wrong! At least we went Canadian. Happy about that. I have a feeling Reimer is gonna be packaged somewhere though. Somethings up.

Reimer should call his agent, Ned Braden, and say, "Trade me right fucking now." And then hang up.

And as a Leaf fan I wouldn't blame him and wish him the best. He's almost too classy to do that though. Not that it would be a bad thing to do, but Reimer is pretty positive about everything.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Fuck yes, Fuck yes, Fuck yes. I can't believe it, there is no sweeter way to win the cup, I wanna cry.

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the 2013 Stanley Cup!! :clap: Another 3rd Period of Destiny.. :facepalm:
What IF they lost that game to the Red Wings in the 3rd Period of that game. sheesh..

Albeit it was ANOTHER GREAT GAME THOUGH!! I THINK BRYAN BICKELL SHOULD HAVE WON THE CONN SMYTHE Trophy.. Kane had some huge goals but if Bickell didn't have the Playoff performance he did, the Blackhawks wouldn't be in the Finals to win the Stanley Cup. :yoda: :2 cents:

Was at work, got home with 3:18 left, omg! Glad I saw that, amazing end to a great series

:)

congrats Blackhawks

:clap:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Holy shit what a comeback!! Down by a goal with less than 2 minutes to play....they score 2 goals to win it. Classic series....maybe the best final I have ever seen! Congrats to the Hawks and condolences to the Bruins (although the fans were classless to boo during the Cup presentation....really bad sportsmanship even if the boos were directed at Bettman. Wrong time and place for that.

Rask directing Ference out of his way distracted him enough on the winning goal to cost the Bruins the game from my perspective. Incredible and improbable ending....damn, ain't hockey great???!!!

Unbelievable. Championships don't come to often to our town so we're relishing this championship victory right now. I can't wait for the parade.

Marlo Manson

I will be committing suicide, it's been real folks.

Man up dude, I know your being sarcastic (atleast I hope you are) but suicide is sometimes a very impulsive thing right after a devastating loss, setback, tragedy, or some other heart shattering experience, I know all to well, it happened to my team in 2009 and I still can't sleep @ night about that one.. but :suicide: isn't the answer.. what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger and more abrasive, you'll live and something else great will happen for the Bruins or one of your other Boston Teams!! :yoda: Just tryna cheer you up dude!! :glugglug::joint:

Marlo Manson

That's was a confusing attempt at cheering up, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

I know I never got over the 2009 calamity aka (the Gary Buttman, Crysby, & Malkin threesome) that's never been proven, but it happened, of course its something that just gets :sweep: under the carpet, uhmm, I mean the "covers" because its so undercover that it will never become public record, but that's what made me mentally stronger and more abrasive, of course other good things have happened to my Michigan / Detroit teams, but, because nobody will ever uncover the truth about what happened in 2009 between those 3 and other NHL higher ups.. I still have nightmares and lose sleep because of it. :D :rolleyes: :brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.