• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selanne signs on for his 19th NHL season, this time with his long time team Anaheim.

I was looking over Heatley's contract and he is going to be paid 8 mill this year. The Wild organization makes no sense to me, since they should have/could have signed Gabby for much lower than that back when he split. I mean, he was the damn franchise. I'm so glad my pops is no longer a season ticket holder. :mad:

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Selanne signs on for his 19th NHL season, this time with his long time team Anaheim.

I was looking over Heatley's contract and he is going to be paid 8 mill this year. The Wild organization makes no sense to me, since they should have/could have signed Gabby for much lower than that back when he split. I mean, he was the damn franchise. I'm so glad my pops is no longer a season ticket holder. :mad:

Heatley may play better in Minnesota. who knows?

Heatley may play better in Minnesota. who knows?

Sure could be, I suppose. I will withhold further comment until I see him/them in action. But I have to say Gabby is my favorite player in the league right now so I was bitter regardless. I saw him many time take over a game by himself. I reckon I have been to close to 80 games at the X and Gabby was always the best. He has never amassed numbers like Heatley but he was just the kind of player to win a game by himself.

We'll see. Maybe Heatley will put up another 50 spot.

is there an easy way to find out what team has the most players from a certain country at the beginning of the regular season?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I've been playing NHL 12 to get pumped for the season. I can't wait for it to start. It's not like I have any football to look forward to...

Go Hawks!

I am disgusted with myself; the Wild had an open, free scrimmage with the new squad at 10am both yesterday and today at the X and I didn't attend. Anyway they went 0-0 with all that new "offense" yesterday, so it was lackluster, unless of course you are a goalie and defenseman groupie. I respect the defensive side of the game because that's what I was the latter half of my playing days, so I would have enjoyed regardless.

Koivu, Heatley and Setoguchi are going to be the bread and butter of this team and Heatley said he feels like the line is jelling.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I've been playing NHL 12 to get pumped for the season. I can't wait for it to start. It's not like I have any football to look forward to...

Go Hawks!

What is NHL 12 like??? Is it better than last years???

I might get myself a PS3 + NHL 12 and i'm wondering if it's worth it :)

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Blackhawks and Oilers are holding a preseason game in Saskatoon tonight... but fuck that. The Jets are on TV.

Playoff predictions anybody??

East

1. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
3. Montreal
4. Washington
5. Boston
6. New York Rangers
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

West

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. Detroit
4. San Jose
5. Aneheim
6. Chicago
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas

East

1. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
3. Montreal
4. Washington
5. Boston
6. New York Rangers
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

West

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. Detroit
4. San Jose
5. Aneheim
6. Chicago
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas

Ehhh, looky there, North Stars in 7th and 8th place. Respect.

I'm going to have to do some homework before I can make selections, but your pics look pretty good. Don't know about those lowly Wild though. I've been reading about them daily and I have some doubts.

East

1. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
3. Montreal
4. Washington
5. Boston
6. New York Rangers
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

West

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. Detroit
4. San Jose
5. Aneheim
6. Chicago
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas

Mine are coming on or before October 6th (since that's when the season opens), but I can tell you now that your Los Angeles pick is spot on. I predicted Boston preseason to win the Cup last season (*wipes shoulders off*), and this season I'm picking the Kings preseason to win it all, going for two in a row.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Mike Modano announced his retirement today and signed a one day, $999,999 contract with the Stars.

TSN has a question up and I like to see what the people here think:

Who was the best American-born hockey player?

Mike Modano announced his retirement today and signed a one day, $999,999 contract with the Stars.

TSN has a question up and I like to see what the people here think:

Who was the best American-born hockey player?

It's either Modano or Chelios IMO. There's been lots of great American born players, but these guys are the best at their position as far as American players go.

Status
Not open for further replies.