• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playoff predictions anybody??

East

1. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
3. Montreal
4. Washington
5. Boston
6. New York Rangers
7. Carolina
8. Toronto

West

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. Detroit
4. San Jose
5. Aneheim
6. Chicago
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas

A little optimistic with Toronto in the playoffs, aren't you?

Mike Modano announced his retirement today and signed a one day, $999,999 contract with the Stars.

TSN has a question up and I like to see what the people here think:

Who was the best American-born hockey player?

Definitely Mike Modano, in my opinion. But I don't think that's going to last forever because the American hockey system has become much much better over the last twenty years and there are lots of great American players in the league right now.

However, if your question had been "who was the best American hockey player?" then I would've said Brett Hull, but you said "American-born" hockey player, and Hull wasn't born in the States, so the answer is Modano.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
A little optimistic with Toronto in the playoffs, aren't you?

I'm not a Leaf fan. No reason for optimism, I just think they'll beat out Buffalo and NJ for that 8th spot. They added some good pieces in Franson and Lombardi. Resigning McCarthur and Reimer was good too.

I'm not a Leaf fan. No reason for optimism, I just think they'll beat out Buffalo and NJ for that 8th spot. They added some good pieces in Franson and Lombardi. Resigning McCarthur and Reimer was good too.

Possibly, but they are still stuck with the same old crap ass coaching. The coaching style that sucks life and talent from good players.

Possibly, but they are still stuck with the same old crap ass coaching. The coaching style that sucks life and talent from good players.

Wilson certainly isn't a Stanley Cup calibre coach...yet, but he's good enough to get a team into the playoffs.

Why the fuck is Winnipeg still in Atlanta's old division? The only reason that would be good would be to keep those poor bastards up there happy 41 games out of the year, having to depart from -40 weather in Manitoba. What an inhospitable environment for a pro sports team. My dad still want to see all the Canadian rivals (old and new) battle in their own conference, and I do too, but I like the Wild having all the Canadian teams in their division as well.

wottle

I'm so horny, even the crack of dawn isn't safe
It's either Modano or Chelios IMO. There's been lots of great American born players, but these guys are the best at their position as far as American players go.

Agreeded. Think Chelios wins by a nose for better overal player and leader.

Both are hall of Famers so..

That would be excellent. What's your source for this news?

You can take this with a grain of salt, but if you're familiar with The Score's Drafted series, http://www.drafted.ca/, a friend of mine competed. He didn't win, but he made friends in the business and often has inside info and rumours on certain trades, signings, etc before they hit the air. They aren't always true, but this specific example, (Redwings moving East) coupled with the fact that Ilitch and Bettman openly have a verbal agreement on the subject and the impending realignment next year, it has credibility. I know Columbus and Nashville are also trying to go East, and that could still be a possibility, but that would take a lot more than a 1 for 1 switch with Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.