• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering his past, he should probably get 10-15 games, which will probably be the entirety of the playoffs. :mad: I don't like these bush league Lakers. If he wasn't already, MWP will certainly be amnestied in the offseason because of this.

Ugh. This pisses me off. There was no reason to do that!!! :mad: I'm all for standing your ground, but what a bitch move.

I was a big fan of the old school type team like the "Bad Boys," and Bird's Celts and Rambis' Lakers. That was some good god damned basketball. It was much more team oriented, IMO. Now it's all about some ego asshole shooting the ball all the time.

4f95ccd4d2fca.jpg

Lakers clinch 3rd and await their matchup with Dallas or Denver. Clippers locked into Memphis.

Spurs clinched 1st. OKC locked into 2nd.

MWP suspended 7 games. Hopefully back for the 2nd round if we make it there.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Only seven games for MWP? What horseshit.

7 games is light considering MWPs past, but he has made efforts to clean up his act. He has changed a lot since the malice at the palace. Its a fine suspension in terms of length, i do think James Harden tho got in the way on purpose to induce some incident, dont think he was counting on taking an elbow to the head, but anything to get a reaction, he is the kind of player who is up to something quite a bit. All that being said, its an unfortunate incident and action had to be taken regardless of anything. The next episode will come WHEN the two teams meet in the second round of the playoffs.

Well by Utah qualifiying the Wolves get their first rounder back.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, who had the misfortune of losing several key players to injuries the last part of this season, still could end up getting a break. But it will be up to the Utah Jazz.

The Jazz, with three games remaining, are tied with the Phoenix Suns for the final Western Conference playoff spot. If Utah makes the playoffs, the Wolves will get its first-round pick in June's draft.

Minnesota lost its first-round pick this year as part of the 2005 Marko Jaric-Sam Cassell trade with the Los Angeles Clippers. But when the Wolves traded Al Jefferson to Utah in 2010, the Jazz included their 2012 first-round pick - conditional on Utah making the playoffs.

Utah's final three games are at home, against Orlando on Saturday, April 21; against Phoenix on Tuesday in a crucial matchup; then against Portland on Thursday. Phoenix holds the tiebreaker, so Utah probably will have to win Tuesday's game.

Sitting out the first round of the draft would be painful for the Wolves, who are desperate for a shooting guard. The draft is expected to have several excellent shooting guard available in the middle of the first round, including Austin Rivers from Duke and Terrence Ross of Washington.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...berwolves-are-utah-jazz-fans-first?source=rss

Also, Kevin Love wants input in offseason moves:

Kevin Love and other Minnesota Timberwolves players were attending the Twins-Boston Red Sox game in a Target Field suite Tuesday night, April 24, but ended up turning on the NBA game on television.

Utah and Phoenix were playing a late game in Salt Lake City, and Love was thrilled to see his good friend Al Jefferson lead the Jazz over Phoenix. The victory clinched a playoff berth for Utah - and a first-round draft pick for the Wolves in June.

"I'm going to send Al a text today," Love said after Wednesday's practice, a day before the Wolves (26-39) finish the season against Denver at Target Center. "I know he's got a dog, so maybe I'll send the dog a treat or something. I'm very happy for Al."

As part of Jefferson's 2010 trade to Utah, the Wolves received Utah's 2012 first-round pick, conditional on the Jazz making the playoffs this season.
Jefferson, who played three seasons with Minnesota, had 18 points and 16 rebounds in Utah's 100-88 win that clinched the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot.

The Wolves had traded away their own first-round pick in the infamous Marko Jaric-Sam Cassell deal in 2005 with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Wolves gave the Clippers a conditional first-round pick, which was protected until 2012. That pick now belongs to New Orleans, part of the Chris Paul trade to the Clippers.

Depending on the final regular-season standings, the Wolves likely will end up in the middle of the first round, about No. 15 to No. 18.

"We have another asset," Love said. "Being that it's such a deep draft, we can deal more. Maybe we can move up in the draft and see what happens."
Love, who signed a four-year, $62 million contract extension in January, said he wants to be involved in whatever offseason moves are considered by team owner Glen Taylor, president of basketball operations David Kahn and coach Rick Adelman.

"I'm going to have my exit interview in the next couple of days," Love said. "I hope they do come to me, at least on some decisions. They've invested a lot of money in me, especially in the next few years. I would like to have some input. I feel I have a good eye for that stuff, as well."

Adelman and Love concur on the team's need for improvements; Adelman said Tuesday he wants the club to be "very aggressive" in making upgrades. The Wolves are 5-20 since losing rookie point guard Ricky Rubio to a season-ending knee injury March 9 and have lost 12 of their past 13 games.

Though Love said the team should not be judged solely on the late-season collapse, mainly because of injuries to key players, he expressed strong feelings for change.

"I do hope we're aggressive," he said. "When the time comes, I do hope we pull the trigger on some moves. That will be up to David Kahn and our owner. That's up to them. If I could make decisions, I would, but I can't."

Follow Ray Richardson at twitter.com/twolvesnow.
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ants-input-offseason-moves?source=most_viewed

So after an absolute shit storm of injuries I wonder where this club is next year. Healthy Rubio, Love, Pek, Riddnour and hopefully Barrea, then I am not sure. Like they said they need an SG so we'll see. I hope they are all healthy for a damned change and do a lot of stuff in the offseason together finally and get at a full season and maybe make a legitimate playoff club next year.

Rickey Rubio i wouldnt be surprised if he misses all of next season. Torn ACL is realustically a 2 year injury, 6-12 months just for recovery and rehab, another year to get back to full health. If he does play next season, it wont be til after the all star break and he wont be doing much for the team. This season has shown that without him theyre back to being the team they used to be that always has a strong chance of winning the lottery. The good news this time around is that they have promisi g young players for once who need a little help, wise drafting (which you cant count on current management to do) and some work in free agency could help that team a lot.

Well by Utah qualifiying the Wolves get their first rounder back.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...berwolves-are-utah-jazz-fans-first?source=rss

Also, Kevin Love wants input in offseason moves:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ants-input-offseason-moves?source=most_viewed

So after an absolute shit storm of injuries I wonder where this club is next year. Healthy Rubio, Love, Pek, Riddnour and hopefully Barrea, then I am not sure. Like they said they need an SG so we'll see. I hope they are all healthy for a damned change and do a lot of stuff in the offseason together finally and get at a full season and maybe make a legitimate playoff club next year.

They should make a push for Eric Gordon. He's made it pretty clear he's not staying in New Orleans and seems intent on joining Indiana, but a healthy Minnesota squad could be more promising.

Rickey Rubio i wouldnt be surprised if he misses all of next season. Torn ACL is realustically a 2 year injury, 6-12 months just for recovery and rehab, another year to get back to full health. If he does play next season, it wont be til after the all star break and he wont be doing much for the team. This season has shown that without him theyre back to being the team they used to be that always has a strong chance of winning the lottery. The good news this time around is that they have promisi g young players for once who need a little help, wise drafting (which you cant count on current management to do) and some work in free agency could help that team a lot.

Rubio will be back next year. He is rehabing daily at the Target Center.

Of all the ACLs ( I understand there are several) I guess he busted the least important one.

Rubio will be back next year. He is rehabing daily at the Target Center.

Of all the ACLs ( I understand there are several) I guess he busted the least important one.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
well, its about over. thanks for a fucking shit season derek fisher. i enjoyed the 2 games i saw this year, fucking prick.

Lakers get a matchup with Denver. Fuck.

I like this matchup better than the one with Dallas, esp. W/O MWP. Dallas and Denver both have big men who can challenge Gasol and Bynum, but the Mavs big guys can step out to the perimeter and hit jumpers where Denvers big men are not as skilled away from the basket. Both were tough matchups but this one is more desirable, if you can really say that.

Torn ACL. Rose is done for the playoffs. I think they can still win the East. Probably not though.

Heat obliterate the Knicks. NY is shit.

Torn ACL. Rose is done for the playoffs. I think they can still win the East. Probably not though

This is devastating news. This was supposed to be our year. They'll get past Philly but Boston is going to be an even tougher series now and I doubt they'll beat the Heat in seven game series. I hope they can rally around Rose and still get to the conference finals but I'm just pessimistic about this. Most importantly I want to know why the fuck Coach Thibs still had Rose in the game at that point? This has been a problem with Thibs all season long and he's going to catch alot of shit from the Chicago media for this as he should. Goddammit!!:hairpull::brick::bang::crying:

Well Indiana somehow managed to look worse than New York. Way to let Jason fucking Richardson beat you.

Durant? :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.