• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Choosing Euro players might be more of a money decision.

Spurs trade PG George Hill to Indiana for Kwahi Leonard and another pick. 43rd overall I think.

That pretty much squashes the Tony Parker trade rumours. Spurs get more athletic with Leonard, basically Gerald Wallace lite and Pacers get another quality PG to go with Darren Collison.

Rockets acquire G Jonny Flynn, F Donatas Motiejunas from Timberwolves for C Brad Miller and the 23rd pick. Minnesota will also get a future first round pick.

Timberwolves see someone they like at 23 and ship Flynn out to make room for Rubio!

Mavs are trading No. 26 to Portland to acquire Rudy Fernandez, with Portland moving the pick on to Denver in the Miller/Felton deal

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I see Greg Oden and Yao Ming have been traded to the Scandinavian Disability League for Shaq's underpants and a case of Ben Gay. :rolleyes:

Weird, uneventful draft, considering all the hype and rumours going around.

Pistons got a steal with Knight at 8.

Bucks take Jimmer. Sorry BSS :(

Rockets acquire G Jonny Flynn, F Donatas Motiejunas from Timberwolves for C Brad Miller and the 23rd pick. Minnesota will also get a future first round pick.

Timberwolves see someone they like at 23 and ship Flynn out to make room for Rubio!

What in all of the fuck is Minnesota doing???

Hmmmm, just got back in the door from my round of golf. I'm trying to catch up here. I did see the first 10 or so and I see Derrick Williams is just another 5th wheel with our already solid duo (Love/Beasley). Johnny Flynn was a bust so I won't miss him, and I gotta be honest I am coming around to Rubio, even though I still wanna sock him one for his previous stunt. Not thrilled about Brad Miller; he reminds me of Mad Dog, who we already had a taste of.

As far as Jimmer, did he just get moved again?

all i have to say about the Timberfools is that if im Kevin Love, im screaming to be traded right now. David Kahn has to be the worst basketball front office man to ever hold a position

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Former Boilermakers E'Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson both end up in Boston. I love both of those guys, and I hated to see them graduate.

Fuck my life, now I have to at least tolerate the Celtics.

lol and they picked the wrong twin. Marcus was considered the better of the two.

Marcus is more NBA ready, Markieff (sp?) has the higher ceiling.

Lakers draft 2 PG's in the 2nd round and two guys I don't know. I'm loving the fact that Darius Morris fell to L.A. Great point guard. He need to work on his jumper though. I don't know much about the other 3 guys.

Brian Shaw has reportedly accepted the head coaching position in Indiana.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i really hope the suns figure out this crap.

i really really dont want vince carter anymore. poor guys had it.

Kurt Rambis is out as coach of the Timberwolves. Lorenzo Romar, University of Washington coach and Bernie Bickerstaff, assistant with the Trailblazers are the two front runners to replace Rambis.

Those are nice coaches, nice guys. But c'mon seriously, Lorenzo Romar and Bernie Bickerstaff? Romar's good cuz has more talent than everyone but UCLA and Arizona, at times with more talent than those 2 even. Can't recruit in the NBA. And as soon as Bickerstaff left Charlotte, they were relevant.

Anybody think GM's might think the Euro leagues overseas are more competitive than the NCAA, and their players are more battle tested and NBA ready? Or are all these high Euro picks just a trend started by Dirk winning Finals MVP?

Depends on the European league and college conference. Playing in Spain is more competitive than Conference USA, but the Big East is more competitive than the Turkish league.

Former Boilermakers E'Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson both end up in Boston. I love both of those guys, and I hated to see them graduate.

Wow, I would have been proud of them for graduating :p

lol and they picked the wrong twin. Marcus was considered the better of the two.

Nah, Markieff is definitely the better all around player.

The more I look at this new Wolves roster the more promising it's beginning to look. They have some pieces (like Johnson and Randolph or even Williams) they can now move if needed players start to go on the market. It will depend on how both Williams and Rubio adapt to the new league. I don't understand the addition of another guard (someone on TV jokingly said we now have 28 guards) but we'll have to see what exactly their next move will be. The new coach/system implemented will be critical in all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.