• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
Some people think the possible NBA lockout might make the NFL one happening now seem mild in comparison. I don't know myself, but that's a worrisome thought.

Seems like the NBA owners are at least legit in their position (not profitable) where the greedy-ass NFL owners are just grabbing for more.

Heat should trade LeBron for Dwight Howard. It would prevent Orlando for getting nothing with Howard as a FA and would give Miami a better chance of winning a title.

girk1

Closed Account
This just reminds that the NBA season is wayyyyyy too long. Beside the supposed weak draft nothing major is going to happen until there is a new CBA I assume.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
yeah, when your teams are dbags, the season can seem pretty long. :1orglaugh

lakers? i mean really. you can replace them with the flopping cry baby heat now. same asshole kind of team, different look. :hybrid:

girk1

Closed Account
Lol, sure. As long as D-Wade is with the Heat I'm happy.

But in all seriousness, the new CBA is going to decide any off season move.

Yeah.

A team wouldn't want to get rid of a player or his contract right now that looks like a liability that could be an asset under the new CBA. So I think most will not make any major moves until they see the new CBA/Salary Cap.

I don't really start taking the NBA serious until after ALL Star break anyhow.

You don't think Orlando would take LeBron for D12?

Hell no.

1: In order for this to happen, it'd have to be a sign and trade, as LBJ has an existing long-term.

2: D12 will be part of a package. No way Orlando lets a straight-up trade happen. The Magic desperately want to get rid of one or both of those fat contracts currently held by Hedo Turkoglu and Gilbert Arenas. Miami wants no part of that!

3: Orlando wants future more than anything else. Miami has no future to bargain with via draft picks.

4: Orlando is a team on the decline, and will never be able to accommodate LBJ's wishes to be a title contender now or even in the near future. They are expected to lose J-Rich via FA, and it's just a better idea to liquidate.

But in all seriousness, the new CBA is going to decide any off season move.

IF there is a new CBA.

You don't think Orlando would take LeBron for D12?

I think the issue is whether Miami has the balls to trade him to their divisional rivals. Orlando has to take that trade in a heartbeat if offered. I absolutely would rather have Dwight than LeBron. But I would rather have LeBron for a few years than Dwight for just one.

Hell no.

1: In order for this to happen, it'd have to be a sign and trade, as LBJ has an existing long-term.

2: D12 will be part of a package. No way Orlando lets a straight-up trade happen. The Magic desperately want to get rid of one or both of those fat contracts currently held by Hedo Turkoglu and Gilbert Arenas. Miami wants no part of that!

3: Orlando wants future more than anything else. Miami has no future to bargain with via draft picks.

4: Orlando is a team on the decline, and will never be able to accommodate LBJ's wishes to be a title contender now or even in the near future. They are expected to lose J-Rich via FA, and it's just a better idea to liquidate.

Those are all valid points, but Orlando would take Lebron for Howard no questions asked.

Those are all valid points, but Orlando would take Lebron for Howard no questions asked.

...and how again does picking up LBJ's max deal (with his ETO), and keeping Arenas' and Turkoglu's obese contracts help Orlando??? You and Orlando know good and damn well LBJ will excersise his ETO to ditch what will be a shitty Magic team in a fucking heartbeat, and Chicago still has the cash and the top-notch team to more than accomodate James. Why would Orlando ever put this into motion? You might as well hand LBJ to the Bulls because that is exactly where he'll go if he ever finds his way out of Miami. You don't think he wants to back in the Cavs division, and torture them 4-5 times a year?

Point-fuckin'-blank... Nobody is getting Howard straight up.

For anybody.

Get that out of your head right damn now.

When's the last time a top 5 player in this league was traded for another player alone? Exactly. Think before you get your hopes up. If the Magic are willing to trade their future in D12, they are damn sure gonna want some in return. It'll take at least one established talent and most certainly draft picks to even start talks, and if your not prepared to take eat one of Orlando's bad contracts... don't bother.

Don't really know what it entails for the franchise. He is not a scorer, so he better damn well be like a Marovich or Stockton in that regard. They will not pick up Fredette now which is BS IMO. My intrigue has up'd a notch, but only a little.

Hope the little Spaniard can hack the Minnesota winter. Ever spent a winter in Minnesota? You gotta have balls of steel, son. ;)

Don't really know what it entails for the franchise. He is not a scorer, so he better damn well be like a Marovich or Stockton in that regard. They will not pick up Fredette now which is BS IMO. My intrigue has up'd a notch, but only a little.

Hope the little Spaniard can hack the Minnesota winter. Ever spent a winter in Minnesota? You gotta have balls of steel, son. ;)

Maravich was a prolific scorer, and even Stockton averaged more a game than Rubio does currently. At best, Rubio is Jason Williams... young, flashy, and cute. Don't quite know if he is gonna develop the floor generalship necessary to be a top PG in this league. Fredette, I think would still be an ideal pickup for the Wolves. If Rubio busts, having Fredette will be key as a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.