• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maravich was a prolific scorer, and even Stockton averaged more a game than Rubio does currently. At best, Rubio is Jason Williams... young, flashy, and cute. Don't quite know if he is gonna develop the floor generalship necessary to be a top PG in this league. Fredette, I think would still be an ideal pickup for the Wolves. If Rubio busts, having Fredette will be key as a replacement.

As far as straight up ball handling skills and the ability to penetrate, I think Rubio exudes Maravichness. That's going to be his bread and butter, IMO.

I guess I am the only one in the world who is interested in this draft, especially because of little Jimmer. The odds of his explosive skills coming to fruition in the NBA are unlikely, but intriguing nonetheless.

...and how again does picking up LBJ's max deal (with his ETO), and keeping Arenas' and Turkoglu's obese contracts help Orlando??? You and Orlando know good and damn well LBJ will excersise his ETO to ditch what will be a shitty Magic team in a fucking heartbeat, and Chicago still has the cash and the top-notch team to more than accomodate James. Why would Orlando ever put this into motion? You Might as well hand LBJ to the Bulls because that is exactly where he'll go if he ever finds his way out of Miami. You don't think he wants to back in the Cavs division, and torture them 4-5 times a year?

Point-fuckin'-blank... Nobody is getting Howard straight up.

For anybody.

Get that out of your head right damn now.

When's the last time a top 5 player in this league was traded for another player alone? Exactly. Think before you get your hopes up. If the Magic are willing to trade their future in D12, they are damn sure gonna want some in return. It'll take at least one established talent and most certainly draft picks to even start talks, and if your not prepared to take eat one of Orlando's bad contracts... don't bother.

I'm sorry, but Orlando HAS to accept LeBron for Dwight in a hearbeat. They can't get picky, he as good as you're gonna get. If you had to trade Dwight Howard, I can't think of anybody I'd rather have in return. And you make the point about Orlando's roster. But it's just as good or better than the Cleveland roster that LeBron won 60+ games annually with.

....But this is pointless, LeBron's not going anywhere.

I'm sorry, but Orlando HAS to accept LeBron for Dwight in a hearbeat. They can't get picky, he as good as you're gonna get. If you had to trade Dwight Howard, I can't think of anybody I'd rather have in return. And you make the point about Orlando's roster. But it's just as good or better than the Cleveland roster that LeBron won 60+ games annually with.

Exactly.

Obviously, neither of you do not understand the financial side of this, nor do you understand what an EARLY TERMINATION OPTION is!!!

Why would anyone trade somebody with 1 year left on his contract, for someone with a max deal and an ETO which he would no doubt exersize, especially if you are already over the cap???

LeBron is already signed to a MAX deal! Orlando can not take on his deal along with the remainder of Arenas' and Turkoglu's idiotic contracts. Their one and only expiring contract is J-Rich, and Jameer becomes unrestricted next year. LeBron also has an ETO, making him impossible to keep if you are not a guaranteed contender. No J-Rich, no Jameer, no high draft picks, and no Dwight... just LBJ, who will not be wasting his career on a liquidated team that can't afford to improve.

Seriously, what sense does that make for Orlando???

I think Chandler and Butler are going back to the Mavs. Cuban is a rich guy and he finally found a combination that will win him a championship. so he will stick with it.

The most interesting part of the nba draft is who will the Cavs draft?

Also, for the upcoming season how will the Heat do? Will the NBA championship loss break them down? because the eastern conference is going to be more competitive and usually the eastern conference champs don't make it back to the finals.

Obviously, neither of you do not understand the financial side of this, nor do you understand what an EARLY TERMINATION OPTION is!!!

Why would anyone trade somebody with 1 year left on his contract, for someone with a max deal and an ETO which he would no doubt exersize, especially if you are already over the cap???

LeBron is already signed to a MAX deal! Orlando can not take on his deal along with the remainder of Arenas' and Turkoglu's idiotic contracts. Their one and only expiring contract is J-Rich, and Jameer becomes unrestricted next year. LeBron also has an ETO, making him impossible to keep if you are not a guaranteed contender. No J-Rich, no Jameer, no high draft picks, and no Dwight... just LBJ, who will not be wasting his career on a liquidated team that can't afford to improve.

Seriously, what sense does that make for Orlando???

Lebron would make less then 20 million for the next 3 seasons before his player option kicks in. Hardly a max deal. And if that's the only offer Orlando gets, do you think they're going to let Howard walk?

Otis Smith - "hmm, free agency starts tomorrow and the only offer I'm getting is for lebron straight up. I think I'll let Howard walk."

That's just silly. And obviously this won't happen, it's just a what if...scenario.

The Bulls, Lakers, Nets, and Clippers will all make offers. The best offer will most likely come from Chicago, because they can tweak the parameters a little more than the other teams. Also, Chicago has the protected first rounder from Charlotte , which could be gold in a few years.

The race for Howard is officially on.

The Golden State Warriors have offered Monta Ellis, Andrias Biedrins and Epke Udoh for Howard.

I doubt Orlando pulls the trigger on this, but it's a decent offer. But like IWJ mentioned, Arenas will probably be included in any deal with Howard just to get rid of that bs contract.

Also, supposedly a deal between the 76ers and Clippers will be done by draft night based around Chris Kaman for Andre Iguadala. Other pieces included haven't been mentioned.

i was in Utah this past week where all the talk on sports radio was about Jimmer Fredette. alot of people seem to think that the Jazz at 3rd will have some interest, and it would be conveniant fit, hed only have to travel 45 miles up the road from Provo to Salt Lake. but i dont see that happening, i can see him going to the Kings at 7, the warriars at 11 and the Jazz again at 12. Maybe Houston takes him if he falls to them

i was in Utah this past week where all the talk on sports radio was about Jimmer Fredette. alot of people seem to think that the Jazz at 3rd will have some interest, and it would be conveniant fit, hed only have to travel 45 miles up the road from Provo to Salt Lake. but i dont see that happening, i can see him going to the Kings at 7, the warriars at 11 and the Jazz again at 12. Maybe Houston takes him if he falls to them

Fredette at 3 would be a huuuuuuge waste of a pick. Knight is sooo much more polished. And word is Harris is on the trading block. If they want Fredette so bad, they should take Kanter at 3.

The PTI crew were throwing around talk of a Love and a #2 for Gasol straight up. It does nothing for me although a Gasol/Rubio tandom considering they are both Spaniards wouldn't be all that bad. This team just does little for my interest.

The PTI crew were throwing around talk of a Love and a #2 for Gasol straight up. It does nothing for me although a Gasol/Rubio tandom considering they are both Spaniards wouldn't be all that bad. This team just does little for my interest.

I've heard about this. As a Laker fan, I love it, but there is no way David Kahn is that stupid. Gasol is a great player, but he's not worth Love straight up, let alone couple with the 2nd overall pick. Love is young. Gasol is old. I understand Gasol would help acclimate Rubio into the NBA, and you'll get 3-4 more great years from Gasol, but it's just a bad trade. That I would love to see happen ;) If that trade happened, Bynum and the 2nd would be in Orlando asap.

I've heard about this. As a Laker fan, I love it, but there is no way David Kahn is that stupid. Gasol is a great player, but he's not worth Love straight up, let alone couple with the 2nd overall pick. Love is young. Gasol is old. I understand Gasol would help acclimate Rubio into the NBA, and you'll get 3-4 more great years from Gasol, but it's just a bad trade. That I would love to see happen ;) If that trade happened, Bynum and the 2nd would be in Orlando asap.

It just doesn't make sense, and Kornheiser and Wilbon were saying the Wolves would be the ones getting the deal.

I'm not familiar with the stipulations in Love's contract but they seemed to make it like the Wolves will be getting nothing for him unless they unload him soon.

The race for Howard is officially on.

The Golden State Warriors have offered Monta Ellis, Andrias Biedrins and Epke Udoh for Howard.

I doubt Orlando pulls the trigger on this, but it's a decent offer. But like IWJ mentioned, Arenas will probably be included in any deal with Howard just to get rid of that bs contract.

Also, supposedly a deal between the 76ers and Clippers will be done by draft night based around Chris Kaman for Andre Iguadala. Other pieces included haven't been mentioned.

Not a terrible deal, but it'd be dumb to jump on the first offer. Plus Dwight ain't re-signing there, so they're wasting their time

That's a terrible trade for Minnesota. And we could get more Dwight than Bynum and Derrick Williams. Bynum's overrated. If he played PF, he'd be considered an average, injury prone draft bust.

Not a terrible deal, but it'd be dumb to jump on the first offer. Plus Dwight ain't re-signing there, so they're wasting their time
QUOTE]

It absolutely is a terrible deal... both ways.

You're right, no way D12 signs long-term with GS.

On the flip-side, Orlando gets no future with this deal. Draft picks will be a necessity for the Magic. They will most likely lose J-Rich in FA this year, and Jameer and Brandon Bass next year with Arenas and Turkoglu still on the books.

It's been reported that Pat Riley will stay in his current role with the Miami Heat, and Erik Spoelstra (sp?) will return as head coach next season.

Right move?

Status
Not open for further replies.