• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Bulls fan, I am not mad at the Jimmy Butler pick. I think he could turn out to one of the biggest sleepers in this draft. I am amazed at how the Spurs continue to find a way to draft so damn well every fucking year.

Nah, Markieff is definitely the better all around player.

Marcus is better, but Markieff is closing the gap. What separates Marcus from Markieff is Marcus' offensive low post skills, which is pretty rare in college basketball. This is the reason why people considered Kansas to be the best team in college basketball, because they were the best team in the half-court. If Markieff could improve on his low post moves, he could be better than Marcus.

Phoenix plays a run-n-gun offense, which is a good fit for Markieff because he's good at hitting trailing 3s. Also, he won't be asked to score in the post as much.

Portland trades Andre Miller to Denver for Raymond Felton.

I loved Andre Miller (and Rudy Fernandez), but Raymond Felton is a great young point guard and Andre Miller was beginning to show his age and Rudy Fernandez wasn't very valuable the last two seasons after being a key scorer and shooter off the bench in his rookie season.

P.S. For those of you who know me from the NHL thread, I am a huge Portland Trailblazers fan. I lived in Portland for three years and I fell in love with the team. Brandon Roy is still my favourite player and I know he can make a big comeback next season.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Not a bobcats fan but they added two impact rookies. They first selected Bismack Biyombo. and two picks later grabbed Kemba Walker blood clott!

The two may be the best duo out of any drafted this year and will certainly help turn a struggling franchise around.

I loved Andre Miller (and Rudy Fernandez), but Raymond Felton is a great young point guard and Andre Miller was beginning to show his age and Rudy Fernandez wasn't very valuable the last two seasons after being a key scorer and shooter off the bench in his rookie season.

P.S. For those of you who know me from the NHL thread, I am a huge Portland Trailblazers fan. I lived in Portland for three years and I fell in love with the team. Brandon Roy is still my favourite player and I know he can make a big comeback next season.

This was one of those rare trades that both teams benefit from. Portland gets a great, young PG and Denver gets a veteran backup, who can still score and dish the ball who also plays solid defense.

But I wanted Felton in L.A :(

Pfffft. The Cavs trade J.J Hickson to the Kings for Omri Casspi and a protected 1st rounder but last year they would trade Hickson for Amare Stoudamire? Regret!

The Cavs lineup is going to be full of top 5 picks!

i dont think theyre going to lose the whole season, i think maybe lose games of the season and play an abbreviated season as they did in 99. The two sides are far apart at this time, and theyre going to get serious about talking when they realize what the stakes are.....its the way of lockouts/strikes in sports and thats the way its always been. Keep in mind that recovering from labor disputes is hard for any sport...the NHL still hasnt recovered from losing an entire season not too long ago, Baseball needed til the McGwire/Sosa home run battle to recover from its player strike and even now there are fans who refuse to come back to the game. The NBA cannot afford to miss games at this juncture

deron williams might be playing overseas if lockout last

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6745426

One thing NBA players have that NFL players don't is the option of making half decent money in a half decent league.

1998-99 lockout or entire season lockout??

Not sure, but the season will almost surely be shorter. My guess is no season at all. \

Btw what if the Kings end up moving, and the Sacramento fans end up getting screwed of one more season cuz of the lockout.....

Status
Not open for further replies.