• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
You're probably right. The lockout may have been resolved, but none of the major problems with the game itself were resolved. No 'Carmelo Rule' was implemented, so basically players can still hold their teams hostage and bolt for a bigger market. I was really surprised to see no franchise tag or something similar in the new CBA. They had a chance to create parity and failed.

That's what is bugging me. They basically swept all the major issues underneath the carpet to deal with during the next round of negotiations. The hard cap issue is not solved, there is no Carmelo Rule... All these issues are going to come right back next time.

With the amnesty clause, does that mean my Heat can get rid of Chris Bosh and sign some players with value? It would be nice if we could sign Nene, but I don't think we can do that with our cap room.

Guess we cant have a season without haters. :wave:

As much as it pains me to say this, I think this will be Miami's year.

All I want to see is the new flashy Wolves with Love, Beasley, Williams, Rubio and Johnson - not mention Addelman coming to town. If they break .500 I believe the season would be a success. Local windbags say they will capture maybe 20.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think this will be Miami's year.

All I want to see is the new flashy Wolves with Love, Beasley, Williams, Rubio and Johnson - not mention Addelman coming to town. If they break .500 I believe the season would be a success. Local windbags say they will capture maybe 20.

Experience is one of the most important aspects of basketball, especially in the NBA. Unfortunately the that's what the Wolves are lacking, but there's certainly a lot of talent. I think the Wolves finish under .500 but show flashes of being future contenders.

Experience is one of the most important aspects of basketball, especially in the NBA. Unfortunately the that's what the Wolves are lacking, but there's certainly a lot of talent. I think the Wolves finish under .500 but show flashes of being future contenders.

They will still be the youngest team in the league. Addleman and all these new guys will have very little time to practice together because of the shortened schedule, thus this shortened season will only retard their progress longer.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
What's a front runner?

usually its a term i save up for nfl fans since they are the worlds worst front runners in any fucking sport in the world without a doubt.

some people call those types of people "fair weather fans." you know, the type of people who all of the sudden LOVE only the winning/most popular teams and declare they're "always been a fan."

like i said, the worst ones are the football people. whoever wins the faggity superbowl is everyones fucking team.

shit, for me, rain or shine, vince carter or no vince carter, terry porter or not, im a suns fan. even if they place last.

usually its a term i save up for nfl fans since they are the worlds worst front runners in any fucking sport in the world without a doubt.

some people call those types of people "fair weather fans." you know, the type of people who all of the sudden LOVE only the winning/most popular teams and declare they're "always been a fan."

like i said, the worst ones are the football people. whoever wins the faggity superbowl is everyones fucking team.

shit, for me, rain or shine, vince carter or no vince carter, terry porter or not, im a suns fan. even if they place last.

Just wondering because I thought you were referring to me. Apparently this term does not apply to me.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
You can go back in the previous NBA threads and see I was supporting the Heat before Lebron and Bosh.

see. im not even going there. :1orglaugh

id much rather spend that time (which would be wasted) looking at Sasha Grey. or eating this chilli.

now, if youll excuse me.

With the amnesty clause, does that mean my Heat can get rid of Chris Bosh and sign some players with value? It would be nice if we could sign Nene, but I don't think we can do that with our cap room.

Guess we cant have a season without haters. :wave:

I think Miami will end up with Dalembert this short offseason. And assuming they cut Bosh, they'd have the cap room to sign free agents, but they still wouldn't be allowed to sign amnesty players because they weren't under the cap before cutting whoever is they cut.

One of my pet peeves is when players try to make their own future. Carmelo jobbed the Nuggets, held the team hostage for the longest of time, now because of him, Chris Pauls agent (allegedly) will not get the trade he wants because the Knicks have absolutely nothing the Hornets want in return. They gave up all their tradeworhty assets in the trade to get Carmelo. If he wants to end up in NYC, he will have to play the season out than walk away from New Orleans. Sadly because of the Miami Heat last year, the NBA has become a league where players now WANT to make their future with star studded teams, and its annoying to me, and itll be harmful for the NBA long term, in that it will destroy the competitive balance and make it for 2 or 3 quality teams per conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.