• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed thoughts about this trade for the Lakers. It appears the trade will go through before too long from what im reading. To start with, i understand the business of the NBA, and when you want to get a superstar player, you have give alot more than what you would have to for a second tier player. The Lakers have to shake up the roster some way, this is just not the best of times to. The NBA comes off a lockout, there is going to be limited preseason, and the schedule is going to 66 games with maybe 15 days off during the season, so i dont think there will be enough time for Chris Paul to gel with the team this year (it took the heat a while before they finally came together last season). There wont be enough time this season for the team to show its full capabilities. while i like the trade, i would prefer to have waited til the end of the season. Long term if CP3 signs and extension this will be great for Kobe Bryant.

I have mixed thoughts about this trade for the Lakers. It appears the trade will go through before too long from what im reading. To start with, i understand the business of the NBA, and when you want to get a superstar player, you have give alot more than what you would have to for a second tier player. The Lakers have to shake up the roster some way, this is just not the best of times to. The NBA comes off a lockout, there is going to be limited preseason, and the schedule is going to 66 games with maybe 15 days off during the season, so i dont think there will be enough time for Chris Paul to gel with the team this year (it took the heat a while before they finally came together last season). There wont be enough time this season for the team to show its full capabilities. while i like the trade, i would prefer to have waited til the end of the season. Long term if CP3 signs and extension this will be great for Kobe Bryant.

I disagree with you on the basis that the whole system for the Lakers is set to change. With Mike Brown coming in as the head coach all of the Lakers, both new and returning, are going to have to have a fast learning curve in whatever system Brown is going to implement. It was already going to take some time for the returning players to get used to not running the triangle and for that reason alone Paul (and hopefully Howard, too) will start on page one with the new offensive and defensive sets just like every other player on the team, Kobe included.

Further, now that the Lakers will no longer be running the triangle - an offensive system that places little to no value on the PG position - there is NEVER a bad time to trade for a Chris Paul.

I don't think L.A lands Howard and I think I'm on record saying the Clippers win 50 games this coming season. Since the schedule is shortened, I say they hit 38 wins and grab a 5-6 seed. They're going to be good.

Also, rwill has definitely been a Heat fan for at least as long as I've been here. Definitely not a bandwagon guy!

It does seem like Kupchak is holding onto Bynum as the linchpin for a potential Howard deal, though. Would love to have our own Big 3 (as much as I hate that term) in LA. Paul, Kobe & Howard would be a dream, on paper at least...

Clippers... I couldn't agree with you more. Griffin, Gordon, Jordan (if he re-signs), Kaman (if he can stay healthy), and even Bledsoe are all very good, young talents. Some proper coaching and quick maturation of their young core could take them places, very soon. I made a bet with my old lady's uncle last year that the Clippers would be in the playoffs this year, and I'm standing by it. I proposed him the bet, and he's giving me 3-1 odds, I think its in the bag.

Welcome to L.A, Mr Paul!!! And welcome back to L.A. Larry O'Brien Trophy.
Took the liberty of adding the missing part of that thought for you.

Oh, and this, too...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
What do you guys think a deal for Howard would cost the Lakers?

What do you guys think a deal for Howard would cost the Lakers?

After giving up Gasol and Odom, i think its become a pipe dream to get Dwight Howard. I will say if Mitch Kupchak can pull it off he will be a magician. They would have to give up Bynum and 2 first round picks at least, and thats just what they have right now. I would think Orlando will want an additional player with Bynum, and i dont think they Lakers have the players to add someone Orlando would want in return.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

After giving up Gasol and Odom, i think its become a pipe dream to get Dwight Howard. I will say if Mitch Kupchak can pull it off he will be a magician. They would have to give up Bynum and 2 first round picks at least, and thats just what they have right now. I would think Orlando will want an additional player with Bynum, and i dont think they Lakers have the players to add someone Orlando would want in return.

Throw in Artest, Blake, Walton, or Brown - or some combination of two of those four. Offer to eat some salary on whoever Orlando chooses.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The NBA is now pushing New Orleans GM Dell Demps to pull the plug on the trade and keep Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports.
43 seconds ago via web

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
One source close to the three-team Chris Paul trade talks just told ESPN.com: "The deal is off."

Status
Not open for further replies.