• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked they actually got a deal done. Of course no one really cares, because it's still football season. That said, they picked the right time to get this done. Football will be in postseason (college) or nearing it (NFL), so attention can promptly turn to the NBA late next month.

is the amnesty clause a one-time deal or can teams use once every season?

I am not sure. I would think it would just be a one time deal, otherwise teams would try and use it to build mega teams with ridiculous contracts.

I could see it being something that the league can do every five years or so.

I am not sure. I would think it would just be a one time deal, otherwise teams would try and use it to build mega teams with ridiculous contracts.

I could see it being something that the league can do every five years or so.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The amnesty clause is 1 player before the start of any season under the CBA. Once per CBA. From what I understand, players that are cut under the amnesty clause will have to clear waivers before becoming a true free agent and only teams who are under the salary cap (which is $60.5 million, I think) can make a claim on that player. Also, that player will still receive their due salary, but it will not count against the original teams cap. So if Arenas is cut, Orlando will still have to pay his salary, but they'll have all that cap space available. Owners who utilize he amnesty clause could end up paying a shitload of money just to get dead weight off their roster.

Example. Assuming Orlando cuts Rashard Lewis, any team over the cap (Miami, L.A, Atlanta, ect) would not be able to sign him. Any team under the cap (New Jersey, Sacramento, Toronto, etc) would pay him a reduced portion of his salary with Orlando paying the difference and that difference won't count towards Orlando's cap.

Now, as far as the waiver process goes, teams that are under the cap would put in silent bids on the waived player, and the biggest bid wins.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Now I can get back to watching the Raptors lose...

And Laker fans.

Hey now!! I'm not that bad!

Now I can get back to watching the Raptors lose...

You're probably right. The lockout may have been resolved, but none of the major problems with the game itself were resolved. No 'Carmelo Rule' was implemented, so basically players can still hold their teams hostage and bolt for a bigger market. I was really surprised to see no franchise tag or something similar in the new CBA. They had a chance to create parity and failed.

Rumor has it that Brandon Roy may be cut with the new amnesty clause.

Chicago Bulls on line one.

I wish. The Bulls are one of the teams that this rule will hurt. Teams that are under the cap will get first dibs on any amnesty cuts and the Bulls just happen to be one of the teams that are over the cap. This means those players cannot just go sign with a contending team that's over the cap. They essentially have no choice where they go if a team or teams under the cap put in a claim for them.

With the amnesty clause, does that mean my Heat can get rid of Chris Bosh and sign some players with value? It would be nice if we could sign Nene, but I don't think we can do that with our cap room.

one bad thing about the lockout being over: heat fans.

No one's worse than a Heat fan. We saw that here last year. :1orglaugh

the heat are the new lakers. but yes, lakers.. hate em.

Guess we cant have a season without haters. :wave:

With the amnesty clause, does that mean my Heat can get rid of Chris Bosh and sign some players with value? It would be nice if we could sign Nene, but I don't think we can do that with our cap room.

You can waive one player's contract and not have it count against your cap. I don't see why the Heat can rid themselves of Bosh, a lot of people are talking about the Bulls using the clause to get rid of Boozer.

Status
Not open for further replies.