• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Spent the last week in the Bahamas and then stopped in the middle keys for 4 nights. Had some delicious meals including whole yellowtail caught a few hours earlier, deep fried and slathered with sweet thai chili sauce. One of the beat fish meals I've ever had. Very few places in the US like the FL keys.

C8QDhEHXkAABja3.jpg

I LOVE mushrooms...just ordered a 3lb bag of Morels - had these baby portobellos which were sauteed in chicken fat so great and so simple.
sauteed-mushrooms.jpg

I've only ever eaten escargot once and that was in Mulhouse, France, they were smothered in garlic butter so that's all I could really taste. A few glasses of Alsace wine helped along the way as well.

On another thread about food (sorta) they were discussing canned baked beans vs homemade baked beans...as if there is even a contest.

My baked beans are waaaaaaaaay better than anything from a can and I'd be willing to take that challenge all day any day.

I use bacon, beans (Great Northern are my go-to) that I soak overnight in lightly salted water, water, brown sugar, onions, ketchup, molasses, vinegar, mustard, salt, and minced garlic after I cook the bacon I add it all together in the cast iron skillet and stir it in after its mixed I pour it into a baking dish and bake at 450 til it bubbles and everything is the right color. If you think anything from a can is better then you are retarded.

bakedbeans.jpg

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Blessings to Sophia and you. It's fun watching her scamper about at home and on the boat and sand.

Alright, I'll make your beans. Gonna have to find those Great Northern beans first. Wish me luck.

bobjustbob

Chopper, it's pick-a-nick time in the mid-Hudson valley. My season pass to Saratoga is in hand. Looking to make cold stuff for my trips.

My potato salad is signature and wraps carry well. What have you got to make my afternoon more tasty and delightful?

When I go out on the boat I always pack something good for lunch or snacks. I love good bread with cream cheese and cucumber slices. i make a fruit salad with peaches and blueberries with torn mint leaves and mix it with sesame oil. i also like to make rice bowls with salmon or slices of chicken, thin slices of cucumber, and sesame seeds that is probably my favorite and my go to because it's easy and is great cold. I buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery and chop it up or grill a piece of salmon the night before so its already cold and slices easily. its healthy and as good as anything. Ill use the rest of the chicken to make chicken salad to take with me too. simple celery and red onion with celery salt and greek yogurt instead of mayo. Ill also make a rice bowl with slices of pineapple and chicken. again simple healthy and tasty :) good luck with it.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I've seen debates about food turn worse than debates about politics, and I certainly don't want to instigate any bad blood in your thread, but I wanna know, what's your thoughts about pineapple on pizza? I don't prefer, nor would I order pineapple on pizza, but I think people that view it as a mortal sin take it a bit too far. Let me explain. I'm fairly indifferent to pineapple, I don't hate it, but it's not something I can't live without, it's got it's applications, like in piña coladas, pineapple upside down cake, and of course with cherries on Holiday hams. But, if there's one pineapple application that I can totally get on-board with it's on tacos or tortas al pastor. When I got to thinking about pineapple in the context of al pastor, making the jump to pizza didn't seem so far fetched. I'm not a picky pizza eater, as long as it's made with quality ingredients, I'm not complaining.

Pineapple is a internet fad that swept people up in no time. Just like the word moist. I started seeing stuff on Facebook up to four years ago and all a sudden there are two extreme sides. That's funny I said moist a bunch of times with no problems or cringe looks until I started seeing it pop up on facebook. :rolleyes:

bobjustbob

Mariah, I can't agree with you more about the store rotisserie chicken. Bang, bang you have chicken salad. Now here's my thing. At the track I am thumbing through the DRF. Sammiches weather they be wraps in tortillas or lettuce don't work for me. I've got pages to turn and it's going to stain my book. On the boat it's a different thing. I make my stuff in a bowl and spoon eat it. Clean fingers all of the time. Like I'd said, it's a me thing.

Yesterday a dude at work gave me a bag of cooperative veggies. I froze the cherries. Snow peas get eaten tonight. Red onions with the greens bursting out ...yum. I also have fennel. I don't know what to do with fennel. I know that you can throw it into a soup but 90 fucking degrees up here and I'm not driving down that avenue. What else can I do with fennel?

Pineapple on pizza.. I personally find it detrimental to the word pizza. But then again, Wolfgang Puck says that you can do anything you want with a pizza. Hey, it's your gullet. Stick whatever you want into your mouth. I don't regulate people's personal choices.

bobjustbob

No offence but I have no idea what you mean.

Looking to make tasty cold stuff. Stuff that can travel in a cooler for a few hours. Mariah gave me the chicken salad thing. Also some seasonal veggies to munch on. Have you got anything?