• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
I'm down with seafood pizza. I had it in 2 different places in Cinque Terre recently and both were very good. I do prefer the simplicity of traditional pizza though. I can find better ways to enjoy seafood IMO. But it was good for sure.

seafood-pizza-vulnetia-vernazza.jpg

El-Capitano-seafood-pizza.jpg

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
A fellow I know by the name of Guidry brought a big pot of gumbo that looked like one of those pizzas to an SFA Christmas party one year. It was a little too authentic Cajun for my tastes, I think the fish eyeball floating around with everything else was the deal breaker.

Not too well travelled in Brittany. I've only been to Saint-Malo in Brittany, got the ferry over from the UK. Had a couple of days looking around etc then came home with a car full to the brim with wine :). Never investigated the oyster situation.

I'm gonna be staying in Riec-sur-Belon and exploring the area, St Milo included as well as Saint-Nazaire and Normandy. Very much looking forward to it :)

I'm gonna be staying in Riec-sur-Belon and exploring the area, St Milo included as well as Saint-Nazaire and Normandy. Very much looking forward to it :)

Normandy is really good. I've done the WWII D-Day landing beaches, Bayeux (the tapestry is a must see), Caen, Rouen etc. Also the home to Calvados so getting a decent bottle is a must.

georges

Staff member
Another sneak peek at a brand new video this time from the village of Colmar in The Alsace Region of France. This is a seriously beautiful place and the Alsace lived up to it's reputation for incredible food.

Good wines too, there is also the road of wines or "route des vins" in which you can find several nice vineyards with some of best white wines including sylvaner, riesling, gewürzstraminer, pinot gris and pinot noir. One of my favorite regions alongwith Bordeaux and les Côtes de Provence.

xfire

I bought a set of "Sabatier" knives at Bed Bath & Beyond several years ago, they've been a decent set of knives, but recently the blade on one of them broke off in the handle. I'm thinking about buying a set of Old Hickory kitchen knives from Ontario Knife Company, they're Made in USA, not sure how many others currently share that distinction.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Don't go spending a ton of money on knives. Put that money into a knife sharpener. You can find good quality used knives at a flea market or yard sale for about 5 bucks or less. Sharpen those puppies up and you've got a $50 knife.

xfire

Don't go spending a ton of money on knives. Put that money into a knife sharpener. You can find good quality used knives at a flea market or yard sale for about 5 bucks or less. Sharpen those puppies up and you've got a $50 knife.

I just ordered a new 7" butcher knife from Ontario, went through Amazon and got it for $11 and some change, saved about $7 off the same knife from the OKC website, I've got the exact same Ontario knife, from years ago, but it's beat the fuck up, some idiot used a hammer on top of the blade, but it's makes a good utility knife.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Man, thanks for reminding me. I have a knife set I bought four years ago in a discounter market, but they are really pretty lo-fi and I will follow you guys tips for getting some new ones.

I believe that with knives like many things, you get what you pay for. You don't have to go crazy but the better the quality the better it holds its sharpness. A good quality knife should last you a lifetime. I got this set a few months ago and can't believe the difference. The balance of how it feels in your hand is remarkable. The knife should do the work and if it's not quality and balanced properly it won't do the job.

I've bought cheap before and they always suck after a year.

I bought these in April and couldn't be happier.
http://a.co/8U1I4JH

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I'm down with seafood pizza. I had it in 2 different places in Cinque Terre recently and both were very good. I do prefer the simplicity of traditional pizza though. I can find better ways to enjoy seafood IMO. But it was good for sure

View attachment 649438

We discussed oil in the pasta water, but what about seafood and cheese?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member

I am not opposed to seafood on a pizza, but the shells have got to be left away for my liking.

The pizza looks really good, though, very oldschool

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member

I am not opposed to seafood on a pizza, but the shells have got to be left away for my liking.

Well it was italy and everything is local and fresh so they leave the shells on. it was VERY good

and Adam....have you had seafood pizza? It didn't sound good to me either but I was promised that it was yummy and they were right.

I went French for dinner last night...skin-on chicken thighs in a mushroom cream sauce with green beans sauteed in garlic grape seed oil.
I seasoned the chicken skin with some butter and then salt and pepper baked skin side up for 35 minutes then under the broiler for 2 minutes to get the skin crispy

sauteed mushrooms in butter with some garlic then poured in heavy cream until it was thick. It turned out really good and I had the leftovers the next morning and it was even better.

chix-thighs3.jpg