• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
I've got an eclectic range of Le Creuset & Denby cast iron and stainless steel pots & pans (nothing matches) and a cast iron Bodum wok. All good quality stuff with lifetime guarantees.

Mayhem

Banned
Truth be told I need a new set of stovetop ware starting with a cast set. The rest I will have to build piece by piece since the better stuff is quite costly.

Other than cast, you might want to look at the Wolfgang Puck collection on HSN. It's on the website and I think they drop the prices during his televised appearances, but don't hold me to that. I've had mine for the last few years and it's the real deal. And when I bought mine I researched the price for comparable items and there's no compare. Everything works and it was the first time I had pans with handles that let me put them in the oven. A whole new world.

the most important thing about stock pots and things is the heaviness of the bottom of the pot. that maintains a steady temperature which is critical. The ceramic and porcelain are great for that, as are cast iron.

I dont own anything non tick (teflon) I have had it in the past but got rid of in recently once I started taking my cooking seriously. I just don't care for it.

the most important thing about stock pots and things is the heaviness of the bottom of the pot. that maintains a steady temperature which is critical. The ceramic and porcelain are great for that, as are cast iron.

I dont own anything non tick (teflon) I have had it in the past but got rid of in recently once I started taking my cooking seriously. I just don't care for it.

I've had teflon stuff in the past aswell, it's not very good and I don't own any either. If you treat cast iron, ceramic or stainless steel cookware as it should be handled then nothing should stick anyway.

There certainly are good non-stick pans, and they're used by many of the top chefs in their own kitchen. Typically you know you're getting into better quality pans when they are made to be put into the oven - non plastic handles, for example are a good indicator. Something like this:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...21873X801235Xb99fe467ed188fb0c63cb9b50c0550ce

They don't have to be terribly expensive. If you end up scratching the non-stick coating, get another one. That particular pan is great - nice and light, is fine in the oven and under the broiler, and cleans up like a dream. No reason to avoid non-stick pans at all. I think you'll find most restaurants actually use them. I certainly did when I worked as a chef.

On another note - and this is not in any way intended as a criticism, merely a question - all of the food you cook looks so incredibly heavy and unhealthy. If I were to eat the things you post here on a regular basis, I'd have a heart attack next week. Do you ever do lighter fare? Tonight, for example, I'm doing a pork udon soup which is a meal in a bowl. Lots of veggies and delicious noodles. Do you have recipes of that sort, too?

Mayhem

Banned
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, never buy at a retail store. Online is it's own thing but never go to Sears or Walmart. Find the restaurant supply stores in the area. Chances are they'll have a better selection, better quality and are probably a lot more motivated to sell. I go to one here that's a freakin warehouse, has everything and considering that I don't go there enough to be remembered, they always treat me great.

This is a video tribute to my dogs I made this morning when I heard a song that was so amazing. By Miley Cyrus of all people. Don't let that stop you from watching. It's a beautiful song.
This video is dedicated to my baby boy Skip who passed away last April from cancer. Its been nearly a year and every day my heart hurts and I think of him and miss him. Love is a terrible blessing.

first of all I dont give a fuck who sings a song if it's good. Why let something personal prejudice music? She is without question talented. Have you see her backyard sessions videos? The girl can sing. Being close minded only makes your world smaller and your possibilities limited. I am not a fan of hers either, but a song is a song, not a person. I HATE Christina Agulera. I don't care for her as a person and I hate the music she sings. Her voice is amazing, but to me she uses it to sing shit. But that song Beautiful is fucking amazing and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

And how can you be so narrow to say you don't like anything someone has done in the future? Come on Chopper, you're a better person than that.

And that is a great queen song but come on dude, how many feel good videos has that been in? and secondly its far too typical and cliche for something like that. I like to ad music to my videos that isn't played out and means something and goes with the subject of the actual video.

And Dirk have you gone through my videos? I have over 40 lighter fare / healthy / vegetarian videos. here are some on my blog A lot of what I cook is based on requests from viewers. I get over 300 requests a week and I choose the most requested generally or something new I made, like the moo goo gai pan that I made.

I have lost 40 pounds and rarely ever eat what I cook in the videos. The burger I took only the 1 bite of. I cook very healthy for myself. Most nights it's steamed chicken and rice, or I'll do a week of low carb lean protein. I cook based on the requests.

talk shit about her but this is an 18 year old girl worth $500 million singing this

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Super Bowl coming up and it's time for me to bring a dish. Definitely doing potato skins with that dip into the pan to crust up from the bacon fat. That is a great touch. Battered shrimp and mushrooms going up there too. Yea, I tend to go a little overboard even though this is my brother's house. But Super Bowl is an event in the best man-cave you can find and I want to show off. Here's my recipe:

2 cup flour.
1/2 cup corn starch.
2 eggs.
1/4 cup any oil.
1 1/2 cup ice water.
1 table spoon sugar.

Cinnamon, shredded coconut, salt, cayenne pepper to taste. I'll get back to these.

Mix those top 6 ingredients into a batter. Add a tiny little bit of the last 3 and put into the fridge. Time to set up the fryer. Have a thermometer. The oil needs to be 375 and stay that way for every piece you drop in. Use veg or corn oil. It has to be deep with enough oil in it because when they float they are done.

Time to clean the shrimp. I remove the shell and butterfly to get that vein out. You do what you want to do if you like the shell on. In any case, make sure you pat dry.

Pull your batter out of the fridge. Take one shrimp and dip it into the batter, shake the dripping off and drop into the oil. When it floats, it's done. Taste it. More salt? More cayenne? When it comes to the sweetness, be careful with sugar. The littlest bit too much will give your coating a burnt taste. That's why I use cinnamon and coconut to sweeten it up. Add it to your batter and test another one. When perfect only cook a few at a time because adding too many to the oil will reduce the heat. Mushrooms are cooked no differently. Both can be cooked the day before, travel, and microwaved when ready to serve.

sounds amazing!

I had girls over for a movie last night and did a seafood boil and grilled a steak on my new fire pit. i use oak and make it REALLY hot. My gauage goes to 1200 and it maxed it out so that's REALLY hot lol

Blue crab straight outta the water behind my house
pink florida shrimp
3 lobster tails
corn on the cobb
red potatoes
and Louisiana crab boil mix that was FUCKING SPICY. My lips were sizzling an hour later!

as well a 22 ounce bone-in ribeye

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg