• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
time for you to start posting pics of this stuff Bob! I think we would all appreciate it!

I have a market down the street that sells fresh pink florida shrimp that are so big and so sweet. this would be a good recipe for those. I might have to try it out :)

I'm having 13 people over on Sunday because I have the good TV and they know there will be food :)

My Super Bowl menu is pork chops and tri tip on the fire, 2 whole ducks on the fire in a tin to keep indirect heat but all the smoke, 3 margherita pizzas cooked on the fire on a pizza stone, charcuterie plates of wild caught smoked salmon and a variety of prosciutto, cheeses, roasted peppers and stuffed olives. As well I'll have the traditional chips n dip and I now have a movie theater popcorn maker so lots of popcorn :)

Here's my charcuterie plate (I serve them on cedar planks)

charcuterie.jpg

made shrimp n grits for breakfast. it's one of my favorite things when you it's early and still a little dark out and with a really good cup of coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker really, but for some reason when it's early I like it better lol just a splash of half n half
I learned to love this when I was in New Orleans and my friend talked me into trying it. I didn't think I would like it since I'm not a fan of grits but holy shit is it good! Now it's my go to breakfast when I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep.

shrimp-n-grits.jpg

made shrimp n grits for breakfast. it's one of my favorite things when you it's early and still a little dark out and with a really good cup of coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker really, but for some reason when it's early I like it better lol just a splash of half n half
I learned to love this when I was in New Orleans and my friend talked me into trying it. I didn't think I would like it since I'm not a fan of grits but holy shit is it good! Now it's my go to breakfast when I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep.

View attachment 343391

I know what you mean regarding the go to brekkie. Cup of Assam tea and a croissant does it for me.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
When I get my lazy ass learning how to do pics to my new computer I'll be posting them. On to other things.

I hate, hate, hate, you and your fucking shrimp. It's not fair that I can't drive down the road and buy them off the boat. For Christ sakes, you're eating them for breakfast. And that goes for your lobsters off the boat and crabs out your back door too. I'm about to pop a vessel.

Never been to a clam bake or boil. I would have to go to a few before I'd try on my own. We've got crab in NJ but the boil/bake is only done by people that live near the shore. Most of us live away from it. Much more popular on Long Island since everyone lives 10 minutes from water. You can do it for a family but it's much better if there is a gang.

I had never given any thought to making my own steak sauce. Knowing it will keep now gives me the incentive. Everything is in the house including the rosemary. I've got one growing on my deck that you can hang lights and ornaments on. It reminds me in a way of a pico de gallo my love would make. When it is made and eaten fresh it is one thing. Over time the flavors meld together to produce another sensation. Now that I know the simplicity of it I'll have something else to experiment with in my lab.

Yeah Im very blessed when it comes to access to fresh fish. I dont take it for granted, believe me.

Make this steak sauce. Try it on a steak and then let me know. Then make a second batch replacing the apple cider vinegar with a shot of bourbon. Try both with different bites of steak and tell me I'm crazy :)

Then do what I did last night, buy a big package of drumsticks and put them in a jumbo zip-lock freezer bag and pour this sauce into the bag til they are all submerged. Let it sit overnight then grill them. It is out of this world! I grill a dozen drumsticks every sunday to have for the week. I LOVE cold chicken as a snack.

You will thank me Bob, I guarantee it ;)

bobjustbob

While I was on my batter thing I wanted to post one of my favorite sides. Go to the market and grab a handful of fresh string beans. Take an egg and beat it up in a bowl with a teaspoon of flour. Salt and pepper. A pinch of garlic and onion powder if you want. Heat a skillet with butter on low. Take a portion of 5 or so string beans and dip them into the batter. Drop them into the skillet and fry it like you would an omelet. A little browning on both sides. Serve these portions with a dab of salsa on top. Vegetables never looked so fancy with so little work.

bobjustbob

I found a pack of country rib last week and jumped on it. They were boneless and longer than I've ever seen before. I mixed a small batch your steak sauce with a heap of brown sugar. 350 that thing over and over in the oven on a really thin cookie cooling grid above the pan. A thin spread of the sauce every 20 minutes with a turn. The last 20 minutes I turned it up to 450 and got that crusted glaze. Mama Lucia! I sware to God I will get my camera and find my way to take a picture the next time I do this.

bobjustbob

The Deviled Egg.

Easily this is the simplest appetizer to prepare. Boil the eggs, cut them half. Toss the yolk into a bowl with mayo and mustard. Fill the whites with your mixture and dash some paprika and parsley and BANG. You look like a star. The problem is that we would like to add more to the filling but the egg cavity can only hold so much. Plus that egg yolk shouldn't be wasted. Here is my solution.

Since the yolk is only 1/3 the volume of the egg, shave your hardened white to make a larger cavity. Don't use all of your yolks for the filling. Toss the extra yolks into a separate bowl with your shaved whites. Now you can fine chop up some mini shrimp or bacon or chives to toss into your mayo/mustard mixture to fill your now larger cavity. Dash some cayenne on top for that color and flavor.

Your deviled egg now has been kicked up. What you now have left behind is yolk, white scrapings, and leftover filling. Boil up some more eggs for an ass kicking egg salad or dump a can of tuna into it. Nothing goes to waste.

Rather than cayenne, try mixing that yolk up with some wasabi, and then sprinkling black sesame seeds over it when it's back in the white.

Mouth orgasm.